Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Public enemy number one: Organised Religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
reply to post by TechVampyre

It was not meant to be taking the way the first poster's perceived it.. It is kind of hard to have a debate without anyone getting offended on this topic.. you should know that

It is even harder when your facts are made up

prove to me they are made up. For once i want to be on the other side of this debate.. PROVE TO ME GOD IS REAL IF YOU ARE SO CERTAIN.

I can not prove to you what I have offered is the truth. Just as you can not prove to me it is not. This is what the thread was meant to be about. Perhaps i presented it in the wrong way.
edit on 23-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

prove to me they are made up. For once i want to be on the other side of this debate.. PROVE TO ME GOD IS REAL IF YOU ARE SO CERTAIN.

I never said that "GOD IS REAL" i thought that all caps was reserved for crazy fundies but anyways, what im saying is that your horus=jesus thing (what you started the thread off with) is false. It is so wrong in fact i doubt you researched the subject at all.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I never said that "GOD IS REAL" i thought that all caps was reserved for crazy fundies but anyways, what im saying is that your horus=jesus thing (what you started the thread off with) is false. It is so wrong in fact i doubt you researched the subject at all.

Okay here is the point. it's kind of pathetic it need's to be broken down this far..

Number one i have done plenty of research on the subject..so you have no right calling that into question.

Number two: AGAIN, the point is that THIS can not be proven,,Neither can the existence of god.. are you following me?

So if none of this can be proven..then why do we base such major life changing decisions around these beings that there is no factual evidence to support the existence of?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Number one i have done plenty of research on the subject..so you have no right calling that into question.

If you bothered to read any egyptian texts on horus you would know how wrong the jesus/horus thing is, that is why i call it into question. Did you even read my first post on it?

Number two: AGAIN, the point is that THIS can not be proven

Yes it can read the egyptian book of the dead, it can easily be prooven how full of it you are.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So if none of this can be proven..then why do we base such major life changing decisions around these beings that there is no factual evidence to support the existence of?

Why wouldn't we, when the messages we do use to base these decisions on give us sound advice in terms of living good lives in love, peace, and harmony with each other?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you bothered to read any egyptian texts on horus you would know how wrong the jesus/horus thing is, that is why i call it into question. Did you even read my first post on it?

Number two: AGAIN, the point is that THIS can not be proven

Yes it can read the egyptian book of the dead, it can easily be prooven how full of it you are.

Okay to keep this thread flowing "hopefully smoothly" please disregard the Horus theory.. I placed it at the beginning of this thread to prove a point that a few members obviously don't get..or want to understand..

The point being NONE of this can be proven or dis-proven.. NONE of it.. I don't see how you can not understand that.

Religion in the context i am talking about.. has been used to manipulate and control the public since the dawn of society..

So i think it is time for society to wake up and realize this fact. We should not be judged based upon a man's teachings that can not be proven ever existed..

You soon realize that when you take away the bible, you take way the law..

No law means, No leverage over society.. Are you starting to get the point now?
edit on 23-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Okay to keep this thread flowing "hopefully smoothly" please disregard the Horus theory.. I placed it at the beginning of this thread to prove a point that a few members obviously don't get..or want to understand..

Please explain to me what is there to understand? The horus thing you posted was 100% false, made up garbage. what more is there to understand?

The point being NONE of this can be proven or dis-proven.. NONE of it.. I don't see how you can not understand that.

Yes it can be disprooven, read a book about it or ask someone with a knowledge of egyptian religion that goes beyond trying to proove there was no jesus.

Religion in the context i am talking about.. has been used to manipulate and control the public since the dawn of society..

So you believe that lies you want to believe in and you are better for it? What are your BS lies about christianity so much better than believing in christianity?

You soon realize that when you take away the bible, you take way the law..

Again this is false the law has been secular for a looooooong time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I think you will find this interesting......

ZIETGEIST REFUTED

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

I still think he would be better off reading the egyptian book of the dead as it is unbiased and just the straight texts. Peter Joseph did not even come up with the theory himself many others have said it before. But the whole thing started with Gerald Massey who had no real education on egypt he was a poet with some interest. Others just ate it up without reading the texts.
When a christian quotes the bible he knows he is quoting someone else, when someone starts quoting zeitguist they like to pretend they looked all this stuff up themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tech Vampyre

I think you are mistaking RELIGION for FAITH............or maybe the other way around.

Religion.....in this context.....is a group of people organized around a certain belief. Any organisation can......and WILL be corrupted by its leaders.

Faith is believing in something that cannot be proven so right off your argument over faith is disregarded by us with faith.

I have faith in my God, who created the believer and non-believer both and loves us both equally. To us who have read Christs words with an open mind and love in there heart his words can not be twisted into something evil.....because he despised evil.............including the corruption of the Church.

God is in your heart......not a board of directors

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

To be honest i watched Zietgiest a while back and sort of took it at it's word. Then of course i watched Zietgist Refuted!!! At this point i looked up some facts and found out that the original Zietgiest was peppered with discrepencies. Moral......Dont believe everything you read, watch or hear. Make sure you check it out for yourself!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm done posting in the thread. I agree with you all 100% about the zeitgeist garbage. That was not the point behind the thread.. I hope someone stumbles upon this with open eyes, and takes a look at the argument i have presented..

Sad religion has turned society so blind as to turning a simple concept into a ridiculous debate with no grounds.

It's like this and i have repeated since I started this thread.. THIS IS NOT ABOUT HORUS/JESUS.. I put that at the beginning of the thread to try and make a point..

The same argument that you have all made with this Horus/Jesus connection can also be applied to Religion as a whole.. yet it is so far beyond the point i was trying to reach regardless.

If you don't want to understand that..that is fine. And you can all post as much as you would like in this thread..However I will not be participating until someone can wake up and see the point of this..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I get the point that you were trying to make. I guess my response to it is that basically it doesn't matter whether God's existence can ever be proven. It doesn't matter whether we can ever prove that the commandments attributed to Him really did come from Him.

Either way it's fine. They are still wise rules to live by in terms of how we as a society treat each other.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I just want to add i can see why this thread was derailed.. And i don't blame any members for this.. It was the way i presented it.

I should have gone about it in a different way.. Thanks all for participating. No hard feelings.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sad religion has turned society so blind as to turning a simple concept into a ridiculous debate with no grounds.

Yeah, religion made you spread your BS lies here. Its funny earlier you stood by statement and said i had no right to question your research. remember?

no right at all to question your research lol.

It's like this and i have repeated since I started this thread.. THIS IS NOT ABOUT HORUS/JESUS.. I put that at the beginning of the thread to try and make a point..

What was the point, you are full of crap and you know it?

The same argument that you have all made with this Horus/Jesus connection can also be applied to Religion as a whole.. yet it is so far beyond the point i was trying to reach regardless.

No... So you lying about the horus jesus connection can be applied to religion as a whole? Is that just a way of saying is that you can lie about anything?

If you don't want to understand that..that is fine. And you can all post as much as you would like in this thread..However I will not be participating until someone can wake up and see the point of this..

signature:
Listen the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas.

All that i saw here is that your unoriginal regurgitation of false ideas being shot down in flames, you tried to stand by it but once it was clear that nobody was buying your BS you said "yeah i agree im lying but still..." Dont blame your intentional dishonesty on the lack of understanding by others.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, religion made you spread your BS lies here. Its funny earlier you stood by statement and said i had no right to question your research.

What was the point, you are full of crap and you know it?

No... So you lying about the horus jesus connection can be applied to religion as a whole? Is that just a way of saying is that you can lie about anything?

signature:
Listen the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas.

All that i saw here is that your unoriginal regurgitation of false ideas being shot down in flames, you tried to stand by it but once it was clear that nobody was buying your BS you said "yeah i agree im lying but still..." Dont blame your intentional dishonesty on the lack of understanding by others.

I'm biting my tongue responding to this..practicing what little patience i have left.. I NEVER SAID I STOOD BY ANYTHING!

And if i did show me. yes i have done plenty of research on the subject..And who are you to question me anyway ?

I never once said i believed any of the zeitgeist garbage.. in fact NOT ONCE..

funny of you not to get the point..You must be pretty simple minded then. As other members seem to have got the point.

And i already admitted i presented the thread in the wrong manner.. I'm sorry you are to simple minded to read posts.

What you have offered to this thread was nothing more then derailing a already doomed topic. So if i am guilty of presenting my thread in the wrong way..

Then you are guilty for not reading the posts that followed as, i clearly stated the point. over and over again. Enough said.

And why would i feel the need to lie to a bunch of people i don't even know anyhow.. What would be the point of this? .. Don't come at me with un logical statements please. thank you

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I used to post here quite often, but do not much anymore. This thread is a good example why. The subjects concerned have been posted in other thrads many times before. No new ground is being presented. Yet every new OP presents his statements as something new. However let me say this to the OP of this thread. If you do not want to defend your statements, then do not post them. You began this thread with a Horus = Jesus statement. Since that was the very first portion of the thread, then we must assume that was uppermost in your mind when you started the thread.

As for religion control the masses, how about atheists who keep posting threads to convince us that God does not exist. I consider that to be an attempt to control my beliefs. Also as for lies, the entire first posting in this thread was full of deceptions and misconceptions. Also never hear of an atheist railing against other entities who are trying to control us such as banks who try to tell us we need there credit card so that we can pay the banks large interest rates for the things we want to but.
edit on 23-3-2011 by jagdflieger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I just want to add i can see why this thread was derailed.. And i don't blame any members for this.. It was the way i presented it.

I should have gone about it in a different way.. Thanks all for participating. No hard feelings.

Do i need to seriously copy and paste this again..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

About 75% of your original post which started this thread was a presentation of the concept that Horus = Jesus. This occupied the vast majority of that posting. You railed on about the lies and misconceptions of organized religion, yet you posted what can be proven to be a pack of misconceptions (maybe the "kettle calling the pot black"). Then you started backing down when brought to task about your posting and your supposed research.

Again why do I never read about atheists ranting about other means and entities which seek to control us. I bet you have a wallet full of credit cards.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm biting my tongue responding to this..practicing what little patience i have left.. I NEVER SAID I STOOD BY ANYTHING!

So you just posted something you don't believe in to troll?

And if i did show me. yes i have done plenty of research on the subject..And who are you to question me anyway ?

That whole section by your own admition was wrong, it was wrong and that is why i question your resarch abilities.

I never once said i believed any of the zeitgeist garbage.. in fact NOT ONCE..

Is that your way of saying "just kidding guys i did not mean any of that i knew it all along..."

funny of you not to get the point..You must be pretty simple minded then. As other members seem to have got the point.

And i already admitted i presented the thread in the wrong manner.. I'm sorry you are to simple minded to read posts.

Im not simple minded, you just keep dancing around the issue that you posted lies and now your are trying to warp it to make it seem like something else.

And why would i feel the need to lie to a bunch of people i don't even know anyhow.. What would be the point of this?

Why did you lie to a bunch of people you dont know, you already admitted that you don't believe in what you posted and that you know it was not true. So you posted something you know is not true so that makes you a liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join