It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I agree with the post...if it's none of anyone's business then shut the hell up about it. Don't put your business on front street for all to see then cry when someone comments on it. I doubt the world would be better off knowing that I prefer blonde women.

I grew up and all my friends loved brunettes, I never thought I fit in. I always felt different and I wish I had a parade for blonde-sexuals to show the world I'm out there and I'm not going anywhere dammit!!!

No one cares about my personal preferences or yours!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

I was in the middle east for 18 months, and i can tell you we could care less for them people lol. What i am trying to say is that everyone makes such a big deal when someone is bashing gay people when there is a lot of more important things to worry about right now. My statement about women being oppressed was more of a comparison about rights. The length of time it took for women to gain the same right men have, opposed to how long it took gay people to gain theirs. Heck even the army is going thru the gay reamp right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by longwinter

Making uncomfortable is not hurting anyone really, I was in no way implying anything like that, definately read into it wrong. I don't make veiled insults, I rarely insult at all, and when I do, it is straightforward.

Well fair enough, sorry for reading it wrong, we have had so much ridicule and bull# to listen to for so long, we can get the hackles up, but on the other side of the coin, if kids see that people are being loving over arguing, what do you think the difference in their future will be, whether gay or straight showcases that they see?

If you grow up in an abusive world, it's more likely you will continue that, on the other hand ???....do you see my point of view here?

link   
One thing I'd like to discuss is the idea that being gay is not a choice. To prove this scientists started studying the brain of gay people and indeed they did find physical differences in the brain!

They thought they hit a homorun out of the park on this one. But what they didn't understand is that biology is indeed influenced and changed by THOUGHT, not always the other way around!!! So it is possible to change your biology by the way you think. This doesn't prove that being gay is a choice or not a choice. But it sure did shed some light on how powerful the human mind is to be able to effect one's own physiology.

I can see both sides of the argument here. This is a tough one.

As far as public displays of affection... I am grossed out by heterosexual AND homosexual public displays. So on that note I agree with the OP. Your sexuality should be a private matter. It shouldn't matter if you are gay or straight, I don't care and I don't want to see it either way. Sexuality shouldn't be such an issue, its amazing how humans complicate things like this.

link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Thank you for your post. Wonderfully expressed.
2nd

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Isn't it ironic that when it suits the anti-religious fanatics they will use homosexuality and pedophilia against priests to discredit them, and then when when it doesn't suit their purposes to use this argument pretend as if it hasn't been made.

I didn't mention homosexuality and pedophilia within the church but, thanks for pointing out the insane hypocrisy of the priests who pound that dais, railing against homosexuality and then fondle the choir boys.

Prior to being chancellor of Germany, Adolph Hitler was a street cleaner and a gay prostitute.

there's no documented proof of this, nor is there documented proof of many of the historical figures who have been "outed"
hitler killed plenty of gays which would be further proof that those that rail against homosexuality are either closeted or ignorantly following a bad sequel written centuries ago.

Gay people are far less dangerous to society than the ignorance being displayed here and in the other anti-gay threads.

until we, as humans, can look beyond our differences and learn to accept the fact that we must share this rock, we're doomed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure all of these loud Gay Crusaders are hiding in the straight closet (sexually confused) but are too ashamed to come out. They seem to have bigoted views about Straight people.

I've noticed that the Gay Crusaders point out that they are just like everyone else, they are our brothers and sisters in the human race. Yet they also have to point out that they are different from us because they are gay. This confuses me.

I have also noticed that it is wrong to lump all gays in the same group. There are all types of Gays which don't all get along. Some Gays despise other Gays because of the way they act etc.

If Gays were "all loving" and "accepting" they would not be loudly demanding laws to be changed to suit their own views.

Gays also love chanting - " I'm a victim, I'm a victim, I'm a victim." which makes them think they are victims and hard done by.

Gay people are creating their own problems these days as most Straight people simply don't care anymore.

One misconception that needs clearing up....God does love you all (simply being Gay does not mean you are going to hell). Being Gay does not equate to being evil........................but please get over yourselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

...on an effing mobile, ok... As my post PROVES, we are diverse, gay, straight, we are one AND the same. It's funny, nobody has replied to THAT! Does it not suit YOU haters when we aren't all faries? WHAT'S the OP topic again?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Text
"I'm sick of the gay community forcing itself on everyone" This is a very odd comment to me. All I see in the news are republicans and religious people bashing gay people. I have no clue what anyone is talking about with statements such as this one i pointed out. Recently i heard some people talking about all the gay stuff on tv and they were sick of it. Am i living in the same world? because this is a non issue for me. I dont see 'gay stuff' anywhere. Mind you i live in southern California, near Palm Springs..known for having a large gay population.
I myself am part of a so called minority group. I happen to know what it's like to be discriminated against, but i don't have a need to enlighten people. They can remain ignorant for all i care, but i will never sit back & take abuse. I will always defend myself to hateful people..or just sit back & watch them make fools out of themselves

edit on 23-3-2011 by misscrystal because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wow Stephen how noble.

but I must point out, there are more planets in the sky than grains of sand on all the beaches and deserts on Earth. So actually no, we don't have to all share this rock and get along! once TPTB release the advanced propulsion systems they have been sitting on (much more advanced than just t.brown anti-grav) since the 60's (at least since then), then a new age of pilgrims will commence.

and why did the first settlers come to America?

Originally posted by Crakeur

Isn't it ironic that when it suits the anti-religious fanatics they will use homosexuality and pedophilia against priests to discredit them, and then when when it doesn't suit their purposes to use this argument pretend as if it hasn't been made.

I didn't mention homosexuality and pedophilia within the church but, thanks for pointing out the insane hypocrisy of the priests who pound that dais, railing against homosexuality and then fondle the choir boys.

Prior to being chancellor of Germany, Adolph Hitler was a street cleaner and a gay prostitute.

there's no documented proof of this, nor is there documented proof of many of the historical figures who have been "outed"
hitler killed plenty of gays which would be further proof that those that rail against homosexuality are either closeted or ignorantly following a bad sequel written centuries ago.

Gay people are far less dangerous to society than the ignorance being displayed here and in the other anti-gay threads.

until we, as humans, can look beyond our differences and learn to accept the fact that we must share this rock, we're doomed.

edit on 23-3-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Afterwards can we talk about the gay guy who would never leave me alone in the building I lived in at 18 years olf first starting out my life? He used to knock on my door 20 times a day and would never take a hint that I WAS NOT GAY. He would come to my door in tiny short shorts and once kneeled over in a way to show his shlong through his gaping short shorts. Finally when enough was enough he said he was going to curse me with a voodoo doll. Thanks but You can keep your gay innapropriate behavior to yourself along with the priests. You think everything is so black and white man? Gay people abuse and hate too! GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT.. I once had a coworker constantly tell me Im cute and would put his hands on my shoulder like any other guy would but because it was him and what he would say, it was very uncomfortable. So now you know where my disgust of it comes from.

And then I'm sure I'll be thrown into a category of conservative or religious bigots for even have an inkling of disagreement with being gay.

Then why did some pro gay rights guy a few pages back say he wishes a Hitler would kill all the christians? Just wondering because those sound like the type of words to start wars over..

Do you really think you will ever achieve pro gay causes when all you do is constantly bash those very religious people who actually have the ability to rally and get you your freedoms?
edit on 23-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I like how the OP thinks that we heterosexual people don't flaunt our sexuality in public...

Ever been to/seen Spring Break in Florida/Cancun/Anywhere else?

OP, please respond to this one I know you can't defend what goes on in Panama City, FL every year as "Keeping it in your pants and behind closed doors" Ever seen a whipped cream bikini eating contest?

Ain't that just the epitome of modesty?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I keep hearing about how much people don't want to hear about homosexuality, but to be honest the entire reason it's out there and the "flaming" culture began was as a counter to Christian bigotry.

Heterosexuals, at least some, seem to complain a lot about it, but to be honest our culture is inundated with heterosexuality constantly. Perhaps they fail to notice because it's one of the accepted types to them, but either way I really couldn't care less about it either way.

By all means, keep making a big stink about it and they will continue to push it in peoples faces. Live and let live and it'll probably simmer down. At the end of the day, all the manufactured strife is bull and everyone knows it. The faux indignation and anger is stupid and useless.

We have way more important things to talk about or work out than this really.

Peace
KJ

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No, as long as the heterosexual majority denies homosexuals the same rights we're not on equal grounds. They have the right to voice their opinion, and show you what kind of bigot you really are. It's so telling that your OP is about sex ...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Of course you didn't, instead you hid behind sarcasm to imply that religion alone is guilty of atrocities, and that homosexuals are all just saints. And of course, now you embrace gleefully the "fondle choir boys" argument and again implicitly arguing this is a sexual perversion, but will stop short of homosexuality in terms of perversion. Apparently with you, it is okay to fondle choir males, but there has to be an age limit on it. Amusingly, this goes right over your head.

There is no documented proof that Tom Cruise, or Tom Selleck are gay, but I have heard for years from gay men that both of these Tom's are gay. In fact, again you engage in irony that seems to go right over your head as you use the term "outed", and I was just reading a few months ago how Perez Hilton has decided to stop "outing" men who obviously deny, or are in denial, depending upon their truth, being gay. The whole "outing" thing is not a straight phenomenon, it is a part of the gay culture, and it is a mean spirited bullying tactic just to further their "cause".

This sentence follows the sentence that asserts there is not proof that such historical figures were "outed", and now you offer Hitler's persecution of gays as proof to his own closeted homosexuality. Is the whole world gray to you, or just this issue?

The biggest threat or danger I have seen in this thread - and I do not normally enter these gay threads, but it was a slow day yesterday - is the insistence that "civil rights" are necessary for a special class of people. The rest has simply just been discussion, albeit heated at points, about this issue. Funny how you find this discussion, and more specifically the posts of which you do not agree with as being dangerous to society.

This plays as empty rhetoric given your gleeful willingness to mock religion the way you have.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join