It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why can't I own a canadian? I couldn't stop laughing at that point.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dont feel like reading 21 pages of this BS so ill just say my peace and be done with it.

The OP of this thread is a straight up ignorant bigot. You may have gay friends, but would you actually share with them this thread and what you REALLY think about them? Gay people have rights, and they are being denied their civil rights in the United States of America right now. How dare you post a thread like this. You seriously are ignorant. Gay is not a choice.

My husband and I are very good friends with a gay couple. And they are the most unassuming gay men I have ever met in my entire life. They are some of the greatest people on this planet. One of them, has yet to come out to his bible thumping family for fear of persecution. It is one of the saddest experiences one could ever live though- having to hide who you really are.

im done - this thread just pisses me off

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
Maybe because "gay life styles" impact greatly on heterosexual life including health issues and social behavioral issues

How?

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
there is something I always wondered about when it comes to the bible and homsexuality. Why do I always hear the quote about "a man should not lie with another man for it is an abomination" yet I don't think I have EVER heard a quote saying the same thing about a woman lying with a woman....

There was a group who did a translation from the original Aramaic and it came out as something like: "a man should not lie with another man in a woman's bed, for it is an abomination" ... I thought that was interesting.

Originally posted by TKDRL
You have tiny groups of gay crusaders, on one extreme, gay bashers on the other extreme,

We aren't "gay crusaders", we're equality crusaders.
The ONLY reason I participate in these threads is to talk about the lack of equal treatment in our society toward gay people. I don't have a rainbow banner in my front yard. I just don't like it when a group of people are denied equal rights and treatment.

I don't give a damn if anyone approves of homosexuality or not and when straight people STOP holding hands and kissing in public - when straight people keep all talk of attraction and sexuality to themselves - when straight people stop being so flamboyant about their sexuality, with their boobs falling out of their low-cut dresses and the men STOP flirting with women in public, then I'll shut up.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Testament: a archaic : a covenant between God and the human race
Old: dating from the remote past
New: having recently come into existence

Old Testament by definition is Old, no longer in play.

The New Testament is now what God whose name is Jesus wants us to live by.

Yet I know the rules are to hard as you can not do what you want by the law of God and that is why it is easy for you to discredit the existence of Him base upon a life style choice.

To the un-godly Morals are not absolute but at the whim of the fleshly desires.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have been coming here for 5 years and never felt i needed to make a account until today. Some of the blind hate going around was absolutely absurd
I judge no one for their point of view they are obviously entitled to it but there is a right and wrong way to discuss. For the most part the majority of this thread has been the wrong way. But perhaps one day the bigots of the world and the non haters can come together and love one another i can only dream i guess

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is it just me or is this some kind of jewish WWII propaganda? Never mind...

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ninth Wave because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ninth Wave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

The Bible does not say that slavery is OK but,
God Knows until the Devil has been banished forever to Hell that Men will be corrupt and enslave people, and as a believer you should win them not by force but through the action of Love and subjection.

Not a concept that even many Believer are willing to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by DantesPeak

"So how about the heterosexual people hush up about homosexuals since it's none of their business? '

Maybe because "gay life styles" impact greatly on heterosexual life including health issues and social behavioral issues

signature:

I noticed you made 2 sweeping statements about health and social behavior without a single fact to back it up. Do elaborate.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

The devil is a human mental illness, nothing more, part of which involves the externalized projection of the devil as an entity outside of man.

"Get thee behind me Satan."

edit on 23-3-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Alrighty!
Fair enough we could delve all up into religion but since thats way off topic we won't and you fairly answered my question and thats all i can ask.

Have a good day my friend was nice chatting thanks for the replys

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It does seem to be bible belt Americans that have the major problem here. Civil partnerships have been legal for years now in the UK, gay couples can adopt etc. Guess what. The sky hasn't fallen. A recent BBC article stated that 9 countries were in danger of religion becoming extinct over the next few years. Less than 1% now attend church in the UK. You are a dying breed and you are running scared. Religion is no longer opium for the masses and people are waking up to the control it has had and the fear and prejudice and hate it spouts. Welcome to a modern world, a world where we are all created equal and a world that is about to extinguish you religious doom sayers for eternity.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The people I call gay crusaders in that post are the small minority that spit as much hatred and biggotry toward anyone that disagrees with anything gay, as the gay haters spit toward gay people. They are a tiny group, as are the people that spit hatred at gay people. Just thought I should clear that up, there is nothing wrong with most people, that are for equality.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:28:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

I will thanks! It's people like you that seem to have a problem with it, stupid threads like this really annoy me. I will no longer click on threads with the gay word, simply because of the fact that if your a straight bloke you probably more than likely watch lesbian xxx movies, so it's just the man thing that riles your blood, time to ask yourself some serious questions, or YOU shut the hell up!

Rant over thanks for the vent....................now back to my single lesbian being of feeling free in the non-american-brainwashed-thinking-attitude way of living

As an American once told me, just because i was Irish 'You guys just need to get over it!"

edit on 23-3-2011 by longwinter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This is my main problem when i was young the church i went to at a very early age pounded hell and sin into my head so much that i developed an unhealthy relationship with it mabye even bordering ocd with it haha, and i just don't feel like that is right definitely not at an age that young. I mean i would walk around praying out loud and lay awake at night crying they had me absolutely scared to death of hell. I just don't feel fear should be employed as a means of gathering followers.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
The New Testament is now what God whose name is Jesus wants us to live by.

not all of us and, so long as a group of individuals pushes their beliefs on the the rest of society, you will have folks who don't buy what you're selling speaking out.

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
Yet I know the rules are to hard as you can not do what you want by the law of God and that is why it is easy for you to discredit the existence of Him base upon a life style choice.

the rules are not for everyone. hell, even within your own faith there are different interpretations of the rules.

I do find it odd that the most devout followers in any faith are, usually, the most corrupt when it comes to their rules.

It's a big deal for someone to finally come out of the proverbial closet and go public with their sexuality. When they finally get the courage to do this, and they are met with ignorance, bigotry and archaic beliefs from centuries ago, they're going to either clam up or show their true selves even more.

you want to not have to deal with the horrific menace of the gay community? stop quoting verse. Stop hiding behind your ignorance, embrace your own sexuality and you will find that the community you fear, the one that does nothing harmful or hateful to anyone, is far better than the one in which you live.

I'd rather live in an entirely gay community that have one religous zealot in a community of straight people. I'd move if I lived next door to some clown who bashed gays out of ignorance and personal sexuality issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I really don't understand the world we live in. Let people mind their own business to themselves. The thing that bothers me is that gay rights have increased dramatically in the past 10 years and it still isn't enough. I don't see people complaining women are still being oppressed in several parts of the world now a days but I guess that's not as important as other stuff uh?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The OP of this thread is a straight up ignorant bigot. You may have gay friends, but would you actually share with them this thread and what you REALLY think about them? Gay people have rights, and they are being denied their civil rights in the United States of America right now. How dare you post a thread like this. You seriously are ignorant. Gay is not a choice.

Since you cannot be bothered to read through the entirety of this thread let me bring you up to speed on what some of the members in this thread think about your intolerant and tyrannical attitude. How dare you attempt to make the gay issue some sort of sacred cow that deserves some sort of special "right" separate from the rights of people! How dare you shove down our throats your sacred cow of "civil rights"!

All people, every where have the same rights regardless of their sexual proclivities, and I for one will not tolerate your petty tyranny in insisting that people who are not homosexual have to accept your political machinations and advocacy of a government that grants you special privileges that you choose to call "civil rights".

If an individual is having their unalienable and natural rights - and if you think that straight people are not having their unalienable and natural rights trampled upon then you are just not paying attention - this is an injustice and it just doesn't matter who they are screwing in order to recognize this injustice.

Your political ideology is odious and dangerous to all free people across the world. Rights are not derived from government, they are natural law and homosexuals have these same rights and this if far more important than any "civil rights" that they may, or may not have. Civil rights are legal rights, and what can be granted as a right legally can be taken away legally. If you have no regard for the natural and unalienable rights of all people, then it really doesn't matter how special you think gay people are, you are, quite simply, dangerous to all people.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think this strayed off topic at about....page 1. Here is the OP's original post. Now tell me, where does it mention the bible?

Where does it show bigotry? He's simply saying that it is annoying. That's all there is to it.

Originally posted by Helious
The simple fact of the matter is that before we had the "great" debate about gay rights NOBODY wanted to hear about heterosexual wants and needs either! A persons sexual preference should be left behind closed doors.

It's not about weather you like penis or vagina, it's not about weather you prefer your own sex or the opposite, it's about keeping it private and not forcing it on everyone else around you because regardless of your preference it has no place in your every day life when it pertains to things like..... Jobs.

If I liked to put a dog collar on my girlfriend and demand she bark like a dog, I don't think I would feel the need to broadcast that to everyone around me and if anyone else thought it was strange I would point a finger, call them a bigot and demand equality for people who like to dog collar there significant other and then call it persecution.

Nobody cares what you do or what you like until you force it on everyone by deliberately acting different for no other reason than to claim to be martyrs. Shut up and do what you want and do it like the rest of us behind closed doors and guess what..... Problem solved.

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression. You like sex with the same member of your own sex and are narcissistic enough to think that everyone needs to know and acknowledge it when all we want is for you to just keep it in your pants and behind closed doors like everyone else has been expected too do since a civilized society was formed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justanotherone

"I don't see people complaining women are still being oppressed in several parts of the world now a days but I guess that's not as important as other stuff uh? "

You Don't? Havent we been in the middle east now for a while trying to "free" them from being oppressed i don't understand your argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak
Umm, I'm pretty sure 99% of the threads about homosexuality here are from wingnuts screaming about how it's unnatural and "the bible says you're an abomination!" etc.

So how about the heterosexual people hush up about homosexuals since it's none of their business?

Here, here...absolutely right. If people would just mind their own d@mn business, worry only about themselves, and their families, we could all live in harmony.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join