It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I believe this to be my first post in this thread about a topic that I usually get involved with. I would like to thank the mod that moved this thread to where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What a stupid move.
Moving a 21 page thread around, that is very serious and not chit-chat at all. What kind of mod does that?
If you wanetd to move it, you should have moved it when I started it, not when it's 21 pages.

This thread was about finding out what percentage of ATSers does or does not know what being gay really is, as the ATS community probably represents the world in quite an accurate way.

This is really too bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
What a stupid move.
Moving a 21 page thread around, that is very serious and not chit-chat at all. What kind of mod does that?
If you wanetd to move it, you should have moved it when I started it, not when it's 21 pages.

This thread was about finding out what percentage of ATSers does or does not know what being gay really is, as the ATS community probably represents the world in quite an accurate way.

This is really too bad.

Dude, this turned into a he said/ he said thread about 17 pages ago. You should be on your knees thanking the mods for letting you continue with a thread that was going nowhere. There are plenty of other threads out there that you can respond to.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
No intrepid it did not, you might want to actually read the thread before saying stuff like that.
Ah well, nothing I can do about it I guess.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think that a lot of people, including the mod that moved this thread and people like yourself intrepid, don't fully realize how important this discussion is for all other discussions about gay people. (marriage, adoption, etc.)

Unless we decide what being gay really is, we can't discuss the rights and laws that apply to gay people, and the discussion is moot.
This topic does not belong in chit-chat, and it's this kind of subjective and delayed moderation that pisses not only me off.

"so make a complaint about it"?
So far all my complaints have been ignored, so I kind of lost faith in the complaint system.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i think the whole subject is silly. the gay issue is just another example of discremination. and discremination existed through out history. from the earliest ages, it is forbidden to mock god. then fast foward to 15th century, it is impossible to mock church and say earth is not the center of the universe. then few hundred years later, christians used the bible to justify slavery. after the slaves were free, they still can't marry people of other race. now after all those hate put aside, we still manage to find a new one.

ok what i am getting here is that times change. as time change, people and ideas will also change. who knows, maybe 10 years later we will hate each other because we choose pepsi over coke?

as my view on gay marriage, i am perfectly ok with it. i just think that life is already hard enough without someone getting on your ass over your sexual orientation. love is love. we already accepted love in different colors, now lets accept love in same sex.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think that a lot of people, including the mod that moved this thread and people like yourself intrepid, don't fully realize how important this discussion is for all other discussions about gay people. (marriage, adoption, etc.)

Dude, get out of your own thread. This has been discussed ad nauseum since I've been here. Take a look at the post above this, hits it right on the head. Ignorance and prejugdice are running this topic. Instead of posting what you "think" go out there and learn first, then post.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
i just think that life is already hard enough without someone getting on your ass over your sexual orientation. love is love. we already accepted love in different colors, now lets accept love in same sex.

*CLAP, CLAP, CLAP*

Nice joke thrown in there as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well considering my brother in law brags about pumping this dude he met across the street on this guy's patio that let him stay at his house and to that guy he bragged about what he did on his patio, I doubt very much you are brought up gay...

Who wants to pump the pipe naturally??

If I was gay, I would hope it was by design......

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Well considering my brother in law brags about pumping this dude he met across the street on this guy's patio that let him stay at his house and to that guy he bragged about what he did on his patio, I doubt very much you are brought up gay...

Who wants to pump the pipe naturally??

If I was gay, I would hope it was by design......

Well he made a bad judgement, and might get punished for his choices. You are aware that homosexual men have a greater chance of catching AIDs. It is natures way of showing bad decision making skills.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Nice joke thrown in there as well.

i made a joke? huh...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Well he made a bad judgement, and will get punished for his choices. You are aware that homosexual men have a greater chance of catching AIDs. It is natures way of showing bad decision making skills.

By who... Allah??? Take your religious theorhetical bs point of view and shove it...

This gay thing has been around before you were SPAWNED.......To say he will be punished is ridiculous... Maybe he should rape a 4 year old girl because the koran says it's ok... Would this be a lesser punishable crime under allah... Gimme a break...

This discussion is based on your theory of nature vs environment......

[Edited on 24-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well he made a bad judgement, and will get punished for his choices. You are aware that homosexual men have a greater chance of catching AIDs. It is natures way of showing bad decision making skills.

By who... Allah??? Take your religious point of view and shove it dude..

This gay thing has been around before you were SPAWNED.......To say he will be punished is ridiculous... Maybe he should rape a 4 year old girl because the koran says it's ok... Would this be a lesser punishable crime under allah... Gimme a break...

Where does it say that anywhere in the Koran? And when does talking about nature translate into religion, both are separate. Reread my post and when you understand it come back with an intelligent answer. Yes it is my theory of nature punishing those who do not respect it. Keeping religion out, do you think nature will accept it? And my AIDs rant is not "theoritical" like you claim. I have responded to the criticism in many other posts on diff. threads.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Where does it say that anywhere in the Koran? And when does talking about nature translate into religion, both are separate. Reread my post and when you understand it come back with an intelligent answer. Yes it is my theory of nature punishing those who do not respect it.

I guess you haven't figured out yet that mohammad was a pedophile?
Stick to the topic, your answer was not intelligent, think up an answer on your own instead of using regurgitated bs from your koran classes...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Where does it say that anywhere in the Koran? And when does talking about nature translate into religion, both are separate. Reread my post and when you understand it come back with an intelligent answer. Yes it is my theory of nature punishing those who do not respect it.

I guess you haven't figured out yet that mohammad was a pedophile?
Stick to the topic, your answer was not intelligent, think up an answer on your own instead of using regurgitated bs from your koran classes...

I have never taken any koran classes. You are just making religious insults becuase you cannot win in a fair educated discussion. Yes pedophile is bad, but I dont know your sources and will have to look further into it. If he did do it shame. What do you think nature will do to the bad decision makeers? That is my question to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
After Khadijah died, Muhammad dreamed that he was to marry A'isha, the daughter of Abu Bakr. She was six and he was fifty.

Ayatollah Khomeini:
A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he
should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and
damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her
life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives.
The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister.

Reformers in the Iranian parliament are seeking to raise the age of marriage for girls from 9 to 14 and boys from 15 to16. Currently the girl's age is determined by the A'isha/Muhammad marriage. She was six and he was fifty - he did "wait" until she was nine to consummate the marriage
Penetration of young girls can seriously damage their reproductive organs, let alone any psychological harm it can do.

www.hric.org

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

. What do you think nature will do to the bad decision makeers? That is my question to you.

Well first, I believe in darwinism, I think i've said it about 4 times today...
Nature has her way of chlorinating the gene pool so to speak...

I'm sorry if I came off brash in my above post, it just pisses me off when people can't think for themselves and apply religion to their posts thats all.. Sorry..

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

After Khadijah died, Muhammad dreamed that he was to marry A'isha, the daughter of Abu Bakr. She was six and he was fifty.

Ayatollah Khomeini:
A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he
should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and
damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her
life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives.
The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister.

Reformers in the Iranian parliament are seeking to raise the age of marriage for girls from 9 to 14 and boys from 15 to16. Currently the girl's age is determined by the A'isha/Muhammad marriage. She was six and he was fifty - he did "wait" until she was nine to consummate the marriage
Penetration of young girls can seriously damage their reproductive organs, let alone any psychological harm it can do.

www.hric.org

That is bad and they are taking it too far. I do not agree with what the bad ones are doing. But this topic is about is being gay a choice, and I belive it is a choice because of the many reassons stated before. Does a baby tell you "I am gay."

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Does a baby tell you "I am gay."

Now seriously, maybe someone can enlighten me regarding the best way to reply to such hilarious comments, I am out of ideas...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Does a baby tell you "I am gay."

Now seriously, maybe someone can enlighten me regarding the best way to reply to such hilarious comments, I am out of ideas...

Yes I am quite puzzled myslef as to how people claim to be born gay.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join