It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Nope WET sounds just right.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Where in the Bible does it refer to a black persons skin color being due to their sins?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
*SPEECH*..... Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural and we would see it as natural. Nature didn't intend it, nor did god. Fat people don't whine with weight loss apps or commercials, so why do the gays?? Not really sure but, I have noticed a trend in homosexuality; they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc. I have not seen, heard of, or met a homosexual with a good clean back round. Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing.

ORLY? well congratulations because you have just met one. I had an amazing relationship with my parents and family. I was raised in a japanese/irish household in a upper class neighborhood. Studied martial arts from the time I was 5 till present day. I started my freshman year of college at 15. At no time was I ever raped, neglected, abused ..impoverished or any of the other things you mention. As well as the majority of the gay people that I know did not come from those circumstances either and the ones that may have fallen under neglect...came from overzealous religious parents who tossed them onto the street at 14 for being gay,...go mom and dad!

I could give a sweepeing generalization about how all bible based religions do the same things ...but then I would be no better than you with your ill-noted and horrible generalizations about the upbringer of gays and that being the basis for them being gay. There are many other things that I would like to say here but I was raised better...contrary to your opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

So are you for or against this app knowing that free speech should allow this? I mean I'm no bigot, I have gay friends... big deal. But I do find gays are becoming the new "blacks" in America and cry about anything and everything that isn't "gay nice".

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Where in the Bible does it refer to a black persons skin color being due to their sins?

The idea of black skin representing sin comes from an interpretation of the Curse of Ham. I don't think it is a mainstream interpretation these days.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Good God..why can't people just worry about their own families, and leave everyone else alone. Who cares, really, what someone wants to do with their lives. As long as they are not hurting someone. Its these fanatical religious organizations that are the cancer of society. If you want to piss off a radical christian, tell them to show you one single shred of proof that God exists, one single shred of evidence that Jesus once actually existed in the flesh. See what they say...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Apple allowed a developer to develop and publish an app. I have been looking through the app store and have found a few apps specifically geared to appeal to the homosexual market. I see no reason at all that there should not be an app which allows for a method of conversion to heterosexuality when Apple has several apps seemingly designed to promote homosexuality.

This is not a question of freedom of speech. Apple as a company has a right to decide what does and does not qualify for a presence in the app store. Apple is not a government company and it does indeed have the right to practice business as they see fit; including offering whichever apps they chose on the IOS platform. If you do not care for Apple's business practices there are many alternative choices available to you as a consumer. You do not have to buy Apple.

Apple did not rate the app 4 stars because they agree with it or want to promote it's message. The ratings from Apple are based upon how well the app uses the IOS operating system, its interactivity, its design, and so forth; and the amount of "adult" or "offensive" material that could be within the app. The four star rating is not Apple endorsing the app's philosophical connotations it is Apple endorsing the design and functionality of the app its self in relation to performance on IOS as well as the lack of offensive imagery and text within the app.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Suprisingly enough ( and much to the dislike of some people ) I am always for free speech, regardless of how tasteless it may be at the time. So, yea, I am not "for" this app, but I am for thier right to be able to produce it.

Also bear in mind, when it comes to showing gays on tv, the media really looks for the super flaming queens and puts them on tv, akin to finding the most ignorant redneck they can when it comes to other things. A slim percentage or those types are actually in the gay community, however the tv and news would like you to believe we all prance around in skirts and lisp. The truth is...they are the minority and regular folk are the majority. They sell more proverbial papers than we do though

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

This isn't a matter of freedom of speech but a matter of safety. Ex-gay therapies and groups have proven to not work and cause more harm than they help. I would hope any App that promotes or helps to cause psychological damage would be removed regardless of content.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Why is it a problem? It's a problem because one can't change their sexual preference...its something you are born with. I'm straight, and I simply know for a fact that I cannot be gay. I think most straight people know this, just as much as most gay people know that they can't change. If you are bi-sexual.....then you will always be bi-sexual. I can only imagine that you....like me, are probably straight. Imagine then if you will....growing up in a society where gay culture was the norm. Well do you honestly think that an 'app' would in any way be able to turn you gay?! LOL! Then why do you think it will help gay people turn straight? I imagine that you probably don't know too many gay people, but I do...I've grown up with a few friends that were. I watched them struggle, trying to unhappily live a heterosexual lifestyle. (I grew up in a small conservative town where being gay, was about the worst thing you could be....at least as far as the surrounding culture of that area would have had you believe). It wasn't until they accepted who they were, and what they were attracted to, that they started living happy lives.

Look this is really simple.....trying to be something you are not, is unhealthy and will make you unhappy. I've got one friend who was ridiculed his whole life, because he liked fat women (and I'm talking well over 300 pounds fat...not just some junk in the trunk fat). He was a little guy....good looking, could have gotten just about any woman that he wanted. In fact Id seen him turn down gorgeous women before....he simply was not attracted to women that were not huge. I asked him if there was some event in his life that made him come to this conclusion, but he replied that..."no...I came out of the womb that way!" LOL! I give you this example because I'm thinking that perhaps you can relate better since I'm still talking within the realms of heterosexual diversity. We all like what we like. We are attracted to what we are attracted to. Personally I like redheads. I'm sure you have a particular thing that you are attracted to. We all do. Trying to change that is simply unhealthy.... especially just because society deems it wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Like I said Itachimaru I have gay friend their pretty damn chill but I also have some flaming ones. I know how the media puts a spin on just about everything, I'm happy your for free speech. An I'd like to add you as one of my friends. Also calling my gay friends, gay friends is retarded anyway their just friends.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Because being homosexual isn't a condition or sickness to be cured. These "treatment" camps that try to change sexual orientation have been shown to increase depression and suicide in the people that undergo it. I'm not gay, but have family members who are and I find this repulsive. An app that helps you lose weight, that's to improve your health as being genetically predisposed to obescence makes you more suceptable to heart attack, diabetes, and other health risks. Being gay does not harm your health and people who are able to come out in an accepting environment register more satisfaction with their lives than when they were living in the closet.

Now tell me, you really think this is something that should be out there for teens confused about their sexual orientation? This is complete rubish and should be removed from the app store before anymore bible thumpers try to stuff it down other's throats!
edit on 3/21/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

Unless you are gay then i dont see why you should be offended. if someone wants help with not being gay then let them go about it, there is no need to censor this app because everyone else thinks it is not politically correct

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

hahah yea I agree, they are just friends. I was in the Army and swore and oath to defend the Constitution, and I take oathes seriously. And really, if I try to take someone eles's free speech from them, then I am no better than them and lower myself to playing on thier field and we are losing enough freedoms as it is, we do not need to help them out.

Feel free to add me as a friend, im not on here as much as I used to be ..but I'm usually around most evenings.

( got tired of constant PM's about being a govt disinfo agent because I do not believe a blurry out of focus picture of a light is an alien mothership, but to each thier own
)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh dear. Not a very clever move from Apple but indicative of the fact that its a company that is beginning to lose its touch.
Personally I don't particularly care what apps Apple puts in their cosy little sanatised world. I prefer an open world where one isn't tied into the Apple vision of the future, buying myself an Apple life and becoming an (unpaid) Apple preacher...
Enjoy Apple fanboys...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Well the great thing is it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks of this app.. The people that made it have the right to have it out there.. like it .. or not

I'm pretty sure there is no "right" to have any particular app "out there" (sic)- did you mean to use that language?? Out?? really??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here in TX my educated neighbors are Bi-sexual. A nearby major state university, starts with T and ends with AM, where Bi means they love both sheep and goats.

Is there an App to cure this???

Please help.

(c'mon people relax, no harm done with the apps!)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just want to say there's something wonderfully hilarious about people using a little plastic tray of letters hooked up to a lightning-powered thinking machine in order to transmit instantaneous communications across vast distances about how they think homosexuality is unnatural.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

There are homosexuals that, for whatever reason, wish to try to become heterosexual. This app could help them and possibly prevent their suffering of psychological trauma. This is about freedom of choice if it is about anything. Apple can choose what apps to put in their store and we can choose to buy them or not. We can also choose whether or not to expose ourselves to the content of those apps.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Reverse that statement. Would YOU ever actively seek out a heterosexual to homosexual conversion app? No, because you are heterosexual and cannot change it. The same goes for homosexuals. Those who do seek it have experienced absolute horrendous acts against them physically, emotionally and psychologically. There is no way in which the app is beneficial.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Someone should just make a straight conversion App and sue Apple if they don't allow it.

IRM

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join