It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by syncelebrity
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Can a man and man become pregnant and a woman and woman become pregnant?? ummmm I think not because nature DIDN'T intend it to happen.

Then why do homosexual behaviour exist widely in Nature in nearly 1 500 different Species?
And how about heterosexual men and women that are infertile by nature? Why did Nature do that?
Do you brush your teeth? Why? You were not born with a toothbrush in your moth and nor was it what Nature intended for you.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

lol
failed to make a point

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Having a gay conversion app is just as bad as having a race conversion app. Sexual orientation and race are things that are beyond our control- some people are born gay, the same way that I was born straight. There is no "converting" to heterosexuality, just like there is no "converting" from being a European American to an African American. However, people who fake their sexuality have given gays a bad name. They have made society believe that sexual orientation is a choice, when it is not. It's the people that think acting bisexual is cool that have ruined it for everybody. Sexuality isn't cool. It is not a status symbol, and does not define a person's life. Why does anybody even care what another person's sexuality is? It DOESN'T MATTER. If someone is a nice person that you enjoy being around, than what they do behind closed doors is none of your business and should not matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
*SPEECH*..... Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural and we would see it as natural. Nature didn't intend it, nor did god. Fat people don't whine with weight loss apps or commercials, so why do the gays?? Not really sure but, I have noticed a trend in homosexuality; they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc. I have not seen, heard of, or met a homosexual with a good clean back round. Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing.

What a religious bigot.
This is why religious must die.
They're so intolerant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No, your as atheistic as they come and your finding another reason to jump onto the gay's bandwagon to spite Christians just because. I see right through your act. It amazes me what kind of hypocrites come from the atheist religion. How is it that straight Atheist men will jump onto the gay's bandwagon but when confronted with their sexual realities in person, they freak out?! I'm 100% sure that any heterosexual man that calls himself an atheist or liberal or pro-gay whatever, would be SICKENED by the mere sight of 2 men kissing in front of them. That is, if you are straight. But in my experience talking to supposedly "straight" heterosexual atheist men, it seems many aren't that straight at all if they truly are as pro-gay as they say! I wouldn't tolerate seeing two men kiss in my presence. ESPECIALLY in front of my kids. If heterosexual atheist men approve of this, maybe they should reevaluate their sexual orientation because something surely ain't right.
edit on 21-3-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

First off, I'm not an atheist...

Secondly, I'm not grossed out by anything of the kind... My brother is gay, and I feel the same about his affections as I do about anyones.

Why is this difficult for you to grasp?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I agree completely. Homosexuality has nothing to do with upbringing, either. NO ONE has a clean background. Every family has problems. Whether is be physical abuse, emotional abuse, substance abuse, divorce, financial issues, illness...everyone has problems that have NOTHING to do with sexuality WHATSOEVER. I think it is ashame that some people are so closed minded and think that they know the bible when they don't. If you believe in God, and you call yourself a Christian, than you better believe that God loves everyone, because that's what your religion intended to teach you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
here we go ...more gay talk who gives a crap gays need to get over it. so what you have a gay family member or you are gay big deal. its natural just like a dog being born with an extra paw ,someone being born with a extra finger or toe or chemical imbalance in the brain or born with mental illness. its all natural right lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Lol this is hilarious.
The replies are SO off topic. Anyways

I am gay and I don't see why so much offence is being taken.

As others have stated, the app was designed for the gays who believe they are ill. Sure may it insinuate that homosexuality is a illness, but who cares? People have been saying that for the longest time.
If some homosexuals truly believe that they are ill, then go for it lol.
I don't think the app is a good idea, because I do not think that someone's orientation can change, but I do not take any offense from its release, either.

However, I strongly disagree with the remark about homosexuals not being properly raised.
I come from a wealthy family, that pretty much got me whatever I wanted and I never really had any problems throughout my lifetime so far. I am a law student, at a private college with excellent grades, and generally a pretty happy person, and I know I was brought up well.

And homosexuality is DEFINATELY not a choice.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin9258

I dunno... To me I think it would be like a red headed person thinking they were ill for having red hair... But i see your point....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I only read the first five posts so I'll probably repeat what some other people have said further down the line.

It's a persons choice to download the app.

It's a right of free speech. Just like the guy who made the pedophile book on amazon. I agree with the law of free speech, But I find it disgusting to make a guide for pedophiles (the guy eventually got charged with public indecentcy for sending the book to his local police chief or something of that sort)

Because of things like this though it is possible to make future laws and amendments to fix loopholes and catch criminals. So later on perhaps with the help of this app and other publications, lawmakers can make rules on what counts as discrimination against gays just like they have been making laws on religious discrimination against wiccans.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I want you to take a nice....slow......deep.....breath..........that's it.....relax.......breath in....now out.......

NOW sing with me and let your inner gay come out!

I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and gay
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me today
I feel charming
Oh so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real
See the pretty girl in that mirror there?
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face
Such a pretty dress
Such a pretty smile
Such a pretty me!
I feel stunning
And entrancing
Feel like running
And dancing for joy
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy

See there? Doesn't it feel good to be gay sometimes? Gay is HAPPY! Why would you want to make an app that converts you from being happy? Does it show you how much tax money you have to pay or something?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think this is excellent news.

The app will fail to work, of course, because homosexuality is not a disease or a lifestyle choice, and one cannot be cured of it or converted from it.

In failing to work, the app will discredit itself, and further discredit the homophobic Bible-thumping oafs promoting it.

Good stuff.
Another nail in the coffin of religious homophobia.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

I'm torn between bewilderment and amusement when I read your posts.

Kudos to the song use, though, made me lulz myself. (And very sad because I sang along in my head as I read it)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Then they could also make an App that finds other Gays in an Area
It could be the first actual Gaydar ?-?

Apple cares.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
i cant believe there is so much time and emotion being dispensed and wasted on such a stupid thing as an app that converts gay people. what about an app that teaches white people not to be whack?? there certainly is a market for that......in fact i call dibs on that app.

back on topic why are gay always in such a rush to call foul. you cant prove that being gay is not detrimental to the human race as a whole. you cant also prove it is good. so go do your gay thing and let the fundamental religious nuts have their app that think will convert you back to being straight. if its not something that cant be cured you have nothing to worry about if it can be cured your cured. what ever the hell that means. either way who gives a #.

has anybody noticed the world is turning to crap? is this whats important to you? a dam app? the human race deserves to be destroyed, bunch of brain dead morons the lot of us.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Gay conversion doesn't work, it just makes people angry all the time. I've seen this stuff tried in real life and it isn't good. So hopefully they don't charge people for this crap.

I don't see any thing wrong with this app though.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

Um....I have personally known someone that did go from straight to homosexual, then back. Yes, for real. For some, it does work. Those that want to change should have the opportunity, and those that don't, well, that's their decision as well.

It's just an app; people don't have to use it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
here we go ...more gay talk who gives a crap gays need to get over it. so what you have a gay family member or you are gay big deal. its natural just like a dog being born with an extra paw ,someone being born with a extra finger or toe or chemical imbalance in the brain or born with mental illness. its all natural right lol

Yes, it is all natural. But not an illness, in the sense that functional extra finger is not an ilness either, but an anomaly. It is just natural variation, evolution trying out new designs. It is an illness and needs to be treated only if there are negative effects on the individual or others. That is not the case with homosexuality. Heck, we are all "ill" compared to bisexuals, they get the most fun..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Actually being gay does harm your health. It is an unhealthy lifestyle choice and people are more prone to HIV/AIDS. It is a lifestyle choice, and an unhealthy one. The people who made the app are doing the right thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Oh, so I take it you choosed to be straight? When was the choice presented to you? Was it some kind of a dialog box? Havent you been playing to much RPGs lately? Because I inherited my sexual preference. Its not a lifestyle choice anymore than eye color is a lifestyle choice.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join