It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

So you're back with your name calling? What torch carrying mob? If all you can do is name calling why don't you leave and be hateful somewhere else?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
1) What would happen with humanity if the majority were blond?
Answer: probably nothing, human reproduction and evolution of life etc. would go on - NO PROBLEM.

2) What would happen with humanity if the majority were gay?
Answer: human reproduction would stagnate, maybe stop completely - SERIOUS PROBLEM.

"What would happen..." has nothing to do with the reality of the situation here and now.

"What would happen if everyone was a lawyer?" Everyone would starve to death, so let's ban all lawyers. These kinds of postulates don't even make sense when you think about them.

There are natural orders to things, and homosexuality is already widespread in the animal kingdom, including/especially mammals. But nature is still doing just fine with that, despite all the human pollution and deforestation and all the other challenges and obstacles we present to Mother Nature.
edit on 22-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
So you're back with your name calling? What torch carrying mob?

That's what I'm asking.

What makes you think gay people have to defend themselves from you?

why don't you leave and be hateful somewhere else?

That's what I'm saying. To you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I haven't been hateful yet. We've already discussed the ridiculous idea of animal homosexuality. Do you really think any animals have homosexual attraction? Or is it instinct? Do you think a monkey or dog or dolphin has ever had anal penetration sex? NO!!!
Do you think a female monkey sits around licking another monkey's vagina? NO!!!
Do animals dry hump things besides the opposite sex? YES!!!
I had a basset hound that would hump the corner of the wall for crying out loud.

Let me ask you this:
What do to gay men do when having sex? What do two women do when having sex? They emulate heterosexual sex.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Noone has to defend themselves to me. But this is a forum for debate and this particular thread pertains to homosexuality. Remember that.
I didn't just pick up the phone and call a gay person at random and interupt their Will & Grace marathon and start downing their choice.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Saying every gay person watches Will & Grace would be the same as saying every Southerner watches Nascar and Larry the Cable Guy.
Maybe I should start generalizing Americans as being a bunch of Bush Jrs.

link   

We've already discussed the ridiculous idea of animal homosexuality. Do you really think any animals have homosexual attraction? Or is it instinct?

It doesn't matter, it's still natural because by definition it's found in nature. You can try to analyze the animal mind all you want, but you can't say homosexuality isn't natural, without saying animal behavior is also unnatural. And when nature ceases to be natural, the word "natural" just loses its meaning.

Do you think a monkey or dog or dolphin has ever had anal penetration sex? NO!!!

Do you think anal penetration is the whole point of homosexuality? (You probably do.) How do you explain gay couples that never have anal sex? I guess that just boggles your mind.

When I say homosexuality is found in mammals in nature, I'm talking about permanent couplings too. Not donkeys licking each others' privates. Why don't you look it up some time?

What do to gay men do when having sex? What do two women do when having sex? They emulate heterosexual sex.

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you just here to spew bigotry, or is there some point you are trying to prove?

link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

thats got to be the biggest pile of nonsense i have even seen on ATS for a long time

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

There are tonnes of cr*p in food and in the water that are designed to feminise males.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

What's your point? What was the purpose of that post? Will & Grace was not the point of my post but you've certainly just tried to make it. It was meant as a facetious comment. Lighten up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Then how do you explain masculine females? Are they getting separately dosed with testosterone and if so where and how? How does this also account for homosexuality existing for thousands of years and in animal species which have never been exposed to our environmental pollutants or synthesized hormones? Please provide links, would be appreciated... but I won't hold my breath or anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Animals do it because they are bored and alone which has now been proven to be a fact and just because someone argues about homosexuality being natural they are a bigot?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So by your reasoning two male donkeys that are always around each other are gay? We just opened up the floor on debate of penetration of animals. Dry humping and two males together is not homosexual. Animals have sex based on instinct. Not based on sexual attraction. They have a mating instinct not a pleasureable instinct. The evidence that claims homosexuality in nature is biased and BS.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Could you provide the links or titles of books and articles that say that animals do it because they are bored.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Glad you find stereotyping so amusing. Because pidgeonholing has been nothing but positive for people in the past and present.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So by your reasoning two male donkeys that are always around each other are gay?

No my friend, that seems to be what you're equating to gay. That, and donkeys licking each other.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read and learn.

What animals do, is natural.

In case you're afraid to click the link, here's the first paragraph:

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in animals. This article covers non-human species, for homosexuality in humans, see read Homosexuality. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[3] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity — including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex — than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[4] Current research indicates that various forms of same-sex sexual behavior are found throughout the animal kingdom.[5] A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.[6] Homosexuality is best known from social species.

edit on 22-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

There are tons of foods that raise or lower testosterone and estrogen levels. Peanut butter raises testosterone levels quite well and soy raises estrogen levels. They make over the counter estrogen pills from soy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Quit being so sensitive, like I said it was a facetious comment meant for humor. Please don't tell me that offended you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Like I said, it does not account for the thousands upon thousands of years homosexuality has existed. Modern peanut butter has only existed in the last 100 years and yes, the Aztecs did a have a form of it, it is not the kind that is made and processed today. It does not account for the entire history of homosexuality.

Unless you a professional comedian, leave the funny stuff with stereotypes for the professionals, it just makes everyone else look ignorant.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Your own source if you read the entire thing says:

Animal preference and motivation is always inferred from behavior. In wild animals, researchers will as a rule not be able to map the entire life of an individual, and must infer from frequency of single observations of behavior. The correct usage of the term homosexual is that an animal exhibits homosexual behavior or even same-sex sexual behavior; however, this article conforms to the usage by modern research[13][14][15][16] [17] applying the term homosexuality to all sexual behavior (copulation, genital stimulation, mating games and sexual display behavior) between animals of the same sex. In most instances, it is presumed that the homosexual behavior is but part of the animal's overall sexual behavioral repertoire, making the animal "bisexual" rather than "homosexual" as the terms are commonly understood in humans,[16] but cases of homosexual preference and exclusive homosexual pairs are known.[18]

It basically says scientists observe these animals and just decide to label their behavior as homosexual based on their actions.
Therefore this argument has no bearing.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join