It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Peanut butter is made from what? Eggs? Fish? No, peanuts. Peanuts raises testosterone levels.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This would be a violation of the 1st Amendment in the public market place. What the homesexual community needs to do is create an app that instructs straight how to become more intune with their gay side. People are entitiled to their own views regardless how silly they may be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Peanuts come from South America which was isolated from the rest of the world until the 1400s/1500s. Historically, how did peanuts have an affect on Romans, Greeks, etc etc when they had no access to them?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What they REALLY need is one to cure @ssholes. Then you'd just have to get them to use it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John46562
This would be a violation of the 1st Amendment in the public market place. What the homesexual community needs to do is create an app that instructs straight how to become more intune with their gay side. People are entitiled to their own views regardless how silly they may be.

The first amendment limits what government can do.... Corporations can limit your free speech as much as they like.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
the people i find to be homophobes are those who can see the so called problems and point them out, ....all those who see a problem with this application can be classed as homophobes. Why ?? because it takes a homophobic person to see the difference between a strait, gay or bi individual and point it out...

another problem here is the organization who designed this app should not have called it a cure or fix......

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by bsbray11

It basically says scientists observe these animals and just decide to label their behavior as homosexual based on their actions.
Therefore this argument has no bearing.

When human behavior is labeled as homosexual, would that not be based on their actions as well? You are saying that homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom is not homosexual behavior. What?
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Make an app that teaches heterosexuals how to be homosexuals and move on.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It basically says scientists observe these animals and just decide to label their behavior as homosexual based on their actions.
Therefore this argument has no bearing.

I don't know if this occurred to you, but unless you're an animal yourself, or can talk to them, there's no other way you could make any conclusion about them at all except to observe their behavior.

What point were you even trying to make on this thread again?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tokzik

Phobe

suff.One that fears or is averse to a specified thing: ailurophobe.

Just because someone can tell the deference between one thing or another, it doesn't make them fearful or averse.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by bsbray11
i didn't just pick up the phone and call a gay person at random and interupt their Will & Grace marathon and start downing their choice.

Whoa whoa whoa. I love a lady's hoo-ha more than most and I enjoyed that show; it was pretty funny and Debra Messing is a hottie.

On topic: Apple has within its own rights as a corporation to remove the app if they so wish, it's their product that it's being sold on. Also, I've never released an app for the iPhone, but I am sure somewhere within the contract/EULA/T&C/whatever-you-sign there is a clause that allows them to remove it at will.

That being said, it's ridiculous that people cry out over this but it's not unexpected.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is silly. People have an option to purchase the application or not, as they wish. It should not be removed simply because it annoys people who disagree with it - they should simply be mature and ignore it. To remove this application is to contribute to runaway political correctness and the corruption of free speech

And the word 'homophobe' gets thrown around too much these days.
edit on 22/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: slight correction

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
*SPEECH*..... Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural and we would see it as natural. Nature didn't intend it, nor did god.

Yes, and you know what god intended because...??? I'm wondering just who the ignorant one here is. And just to educate you on the subject (as I've had this conversation with many other flat-earthers before, I'm really not interested in hearing about your "jesus says so = true" type arguments, so don't bother if you don't have anything scientific and proven to say about the subject)...but homosexual behavior is found in nature. Homosexuality is found in over 1,000 animal species. In many animal species the majority, (reports of 75% in dolphins and 98% in bonobos) have been found to engage in homosexual sexual activity. Now hopefully before you or anyone else replies to this with a big "Nuh uh!, not true!!! there's no such thing as gay animals" Read through the overwhelming evidence FIRST, and then show me some SCIENTIFIC proof (NOT bible-based or religious based) for your argument that homosexuality is supposedly unnatural.

General Wiki article on homosexual behavior (good starting point):
en.wikipedia.org...

List of some known homosexual species:
en.wikipedia.org...

2 Articles regarding Olso Museums Homosexuality in Nature exhibit:
www.nhm.uio.no...
www.nhm.uio.no...

Hyena Research by Dr. Kay Holekamp
www.msu.edu...

NatGeo article, say 75% of bonobo sex is non reproductive and nearly all engage in homosexual behavior:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Article headline says 1,500 animal species practices homosexual behavior:
www.news-medical.net...

Study on homosexuality in male rams
endo.endojournals.org...

Article covers a variety of species
news.softpedia.com...

Research by Nathan Bailey; University of California
www.cell.com...
www.cell.com...

Article talks about homosexual behavior being present in nearly all species
www.sciencedaily.com...

Covers a variety of species, including dolphins
www.queerty.com...

Some previews of books on the subject from google books
books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...

I hope that is enough sources for you, a mix of both primary and secondary...because I can certainly get you loads more...but, you know, you could always do the research yourself and see whether or not something is true before you decide to open your mouth and spread outright lies. You and some others here need to get over their homophobia, bigotry is so last century...especially those whose hate is inspired by their religion. "Religion" is no excuse to hate or discriminate against entire groups of people. I don't understand, that is certain religious people and bible thumpers dislike gays so much, why don't they move to the middle east, where persecuting gays, women and other minorities "because god says so" is culturally accepted.

For all those saying "I don't see what the problem with this app is". Well does that mean you wouldn't have a problem with an app that tried to convert straight people to being gay? I highly doubt that, in fact you would likely see the entire religious right in this country up in arms over something like that! in which case that would make these people all hypocrites...and for any of you who would say to that, "that's because being straight is normal and being gay is abnormal and unnatural"...see the above links

Furthermore, being gay is not like being overweight. It's not a medical condition, it's not a disease. Nor is it abnormal or unnatural (again see links above). Therefor any app to "cure the gay away" is purely based on lies and bigotry. At best, this app is nothing more than religious propaganda, at worst, it's just pure hate and bigotry...either way it's a bunch of BS.
edit on 22-3-2011 by meeneecat because: added extra sentence

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by woghd

Yeah, I don't understand why people get so upset with the KKK, I mean, they just wear silly hats.

um you are comparing the KKK to a harmless Ipod app? Reality check?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

just because animals participate in homosexual behavior doesn't prove that God intended it that way. When Adam and Eve ate the apple and caused sin to enter the world it was not just humans that were affected by it, but the entire world.

edit on 22-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I think you missed the point of that story. God intended for the apple to be eaten.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

I think you missed the point of that story. God intended for the apple to be eaten.

God gave us free will.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

God creates homosexuals
God bans homosexuals

LOL that ranks right up there with not eating shellfish. Oh wait you probably ignore that little command don't ya?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Where in the Bible does it refer to a black persons skin color being due to their sins?

The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham.[2][3] They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. Proponents of slavery in the US increasingly invoked the 'curse of Ham' in the US during the 19th century, as a response to the growing abolitionist movement.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes, and He wanted that free will to be used to eat the "forbidden" fruit. God needs us to disobey Him for his Creation to exist as He plans.
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join