It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

Comparable only in that it's a form of attraction that is not between just an adult man and adult woman. If that's the only thing you are suggesting then I agree with this statement.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by King_John

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by King_John
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes, but therapy would work no better to "cure" their condition than this app would help "cure" gays of homosexuality.

The difference is my homosexual brother is not a predator...

Neither are people who suffer from pedophilia or bestiality, sure there are some who are predators and the act of dominating a weaker being is what is attracts them, but the people who are simply attracted to a child or animal, are no more a predator than a homosexual, they can't help their attraction, yet people feel therapy could help "cure" their condition.

This is different on so many levels that I'm not sure why you think otherwise. A homosexual (or hetrosexual) may have desires. Assuming those desires are towards those that mutually consent - why would therapy be an issue? There really is no question here. If either had desires towards those who would not mutually consent, then if they act upon those desires (male rape on female, male rape on male, any other permutation you wish) it is a criminal act - sexuality means nothing.

If someone has such desires towards those that are not in a position to mutually consent (animals, children) then there is a danger that desire may reach a point where it is acted upon - and there is no question of consent being a factor. Please note that whether you agree or not, that is why ages are set when a person is capable of knowing implications/consequences of an action and is in a position to give it - you may agree, you may not, but that is why we have laws. Of course, this does not apply to animals for which it should always be a no no as they do not have (as far as we know) an understanding of consent.

Can a person with desires to have sex with children or animals be 'cured'? I don't know if there has been any tests that prove this is even possible. I would say though that it is a completely different question and to judge all as the same is just not a fair point of view.

That doesn't contradict my point, pedophilia or bestiality being illegal or potentially dangerous to another party doesn't change the fact that the attractions felt is the same as homosexuality in the sense that none of them can simply choose to change their attraction, yet therapy is recommended for pedophiles or zoophiles, but therapy for a homosexual is considered bigotry, hence the whole point of this thread in which an app trying to "cure" gays is facing censorship.
edit on 22-3-2011 by King_John because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

In most states a child is mature enough to make the life changing decision of which parent he or she wants to be with at age 12, some at age 10 if the child is deemed mature enough. Memphis City Schools teach sex ed as early as grade 6. But we're saying that a female cannot give consent to sex?

You are talking about a country where you can go fight a war, but you cannot drink beer. Age requirements laws simply do not make much sense in the US, IMHO.
edit on 22/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by ScorpioRising

In most states a child is mature enough to make the life changing decision of which parent he or she wants to be with at age 12, some at age 10 if the child is deemed mature enough. Memphis City Schools teach sex ed as early as grade 6. But we're saying that a female cannot give consent to sex?
Again, please do not take me the wrong way here. I do not agree with pedophilia at all, I'm just trying to get in the mind set of the homosexual and I just cannot do it.

"IF the child is deemed mature enough"- You said it yourself. Fact is most kids aren't.
I don't know what age Grade 6 kids are, we have a different system in the U.K.
Not just females, males as well. Gay or straight. There needs to be informed consent. Not just lessons in school but actual emotional maturity as well. That is the point, IF it is between two consenting (as in fully mentally as well as physically) adults then there should be no issue.

It does not impact directly on your life so why let it bother you so much? Noone expects you to 'get into the mindset of the homosexual' but people do expect some level of respect as a fellow human being.

Random question: If you/your child/your partners life was in the balance and the only person who could save your/their life was homosexual, would you let them? Or are you that against it that you would even turn down help. I'm not being rude, just, like yourself, trying to get a handle on your views.
My views make no sense to you, yours make no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I am trying to illustrate my point about consent. It was posted that the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia and zoophilia was consenting adults. I'm trying to understand it all. Are all homosexuals in fact consenting adults or not. If so then like I said it blows a major hole in the gay gene defense. If not then what again is the difference between them?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

Again, please do not take me the wrong way here. I do not agree with pedophilia at all, I'm just trying to get in the mind set of the homosexual and I just cannot do it.

"IF the child is deemed mature enough"- You said it yourself. Fact is most kids aren't.
I don't know what age Grade 6 kids are, we have a different system in the U.K.
Not just females, males as well. Gay or straight. There needs to be informed consent. Not just lessons in school but actual emotional maturity as well. That is the point, IF it is between two consenting (as in fully mentally as well as physically) adults then there should be no issue.

It does not impact directly on your life so why let it bother you so much? Noone expects you to 'get into the mindset of the homosexual' but people do expect some level of respect as a fellow human being.

Random question: If you/your child/your partners life was in the balance and the only person who could save your/their life was homosexual, would you let them? Or are you that against it that you would even turn down help. I'm not being rude, just, like yourself, trying to get a handle on your views.
My views make no sense to you, yours make no sense to me.

Amen for common sense!!! At this point I'm dropping from this thread as it's lost it's point and those that are anti homosexuality will always be so.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Random question: If you/your child/your partners life was in the balance and the only person who could save your/their life was homosexual, would you let them? Or are you that against it that you would even turn down help

Ridiculous question. I'll say it again, I do not hate homosexuals, I don't even dislike most of them. I can disagree with a lifestyle choice and still have friends and genuinely love someone who is homosexual. So no I would never turn down help from a homosexual.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If this is all the gay pc brigade has to get worked up about then surely thats a good thing?

People need to get some perspective though, especially those referring to it as 'repulsive'. Clearly it isnt meant as a serious attempt to rid the world of gays, and Id be willing to bet my iphone that its meant as a humorous app rather than a serious attempt to change a persons sexuality. You can download an app for pretty much anything these days, even a charlie sheen 'biwinning' app for gods sake.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

If you know what it means to be in love... Then you know the mindset of a homosexual.

link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by syncelebrity
reply to post by Nightchild

Nature provides ....natural chemicals, herbs, etc so that I can keep good hygiene. Everything comes from nature...so how do you mean nature didn't give it to me?

Are you saying tootbrushes grows on trees? Otherwise your standpoint falls, as none of those things is grown in nature, but made in Industries. If the Industries then in its turn takes the needed ingredients from Nature, is irrelevant.
Oh and you forgot the other questions aswell.

Ironically, the petrochemical industy provides the basis for most organic chemicals according to this document
books.google.com... Ecs&hl=en&ei=e-SITfXCHcPJgQfkipG_DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=toothbrushes%20and%20petrochemical&f=false

edit on 22-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by something wicked

Bye! We'll miss you very much. Perhaps we will meet in another thread sometime and will share similar views on a different subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Random question: If you/your child/your partners life was in the balance and the only person who could save your/their life was homosexual, would you let them? Or are you that against it that you would even turn down help

Ridiculous question. I'll say it again, I do not hate homosexuals, I don't even dislike most of them. I can disagree with a lifestyle choice and still have friends and genuinely love someone who is homosexual. So no I would never turn down help from a homosexual.

But isn't it hypocritical to be so against someones sexual orientation (NOT lifestyle CHOICE) yet claim to be their friend?! That person must feel wonderful knowing you feel like that about them.

I had friends who were serial womanisers, I disagree with that so I am no longer friends with them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

No it is NOT natural and they've now found out now that animals do it because of being alone and bored.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Having red hair isn't a genetic defect lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

How is it hypoctitical? So I should just avoid homosexuals like they have ebola? Why can I not disagree with my friends choices and still be their friend? Why is it all or nothing?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Whats the problem with this app? Because it endeavors to provide steps for an individual to change their lifestyle?

Why is this any different than an app that helps you lose weight? Clearly there are folks who are biologically and/or emotionally geared to being overweight and over eating and there are a bunch of apps that are meant to help those folks change their lifestyle.

This is no different. If the gay pressure groups are that concerned about this, why don't they simply come up with an app to assist folks to come out of the closet?

Free speach is free speach. I've heard these Exodus folks on both the radio and have seen them on TV - they are about two steps away from speaking in tongues and snake charming. Nobody is going to use the app and frankly, having it out there, IMO makes their entire movement look foolish, which it is.

The level of sensitivity that currently exists in this society is sickening. Get over it

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I guess it's alright to have an app around like this as long as everyone would be willing to put up with an app that would help young men and women come out of the closet to homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

It is a choice and i know that for a fact because i've seen many gays go straight because they got bored.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I am trying to illustrate my point about consent. It was posted that the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia and zoophilia was consenting adults. I'm trying to understand it all. Are all homosexuals in fact consenting adults or not. If so then like I said it blows a major hole in the gay gene defense. If not then what again is the difference between them?

How homosexuals ability to consent to sexual act blows major hole in the "gene defense"? I just dont see any connection there.

They cannot choose sexual preference, but they can choose to consent to sex act.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

reply to post by johngtr

Because there are litterally billions of people who are not gay. How is 6% considered the norm?
We have really strayed from the topic of this thread.
For the record I agree that the app is fine and not because I'm a Christian and disagree with the homosexual choice but it's about freedom of speech.

By your estimation being blonde is not natural then.... It's perfectly normal for 6% of the population to be different than the rest...

1) What would happen with humanity if the majority were blond?
Answer: probably nothing, human reproduction and evolution of life etc. would go on - NO PROBLEM.

2) What would happen with humanity if the majority were gay?
Answer: human reproduction would stagnate, maybe stop completely - SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Ko3

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join