It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

So if a child consents or if an animal consents it's not wrong anymore?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes, but therapy would work no better to "cure" their condition than this app would help "cure" gays of homosexuality.

The difference is my homosexual brother is not a predator...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegastar2007
reply to post by King_John

And like a lot of people have argued, pedofiles and people engaging in beastiality create a victim, homosexuality does not. If homosexuality had the potential to create a victim then yes, I'd say send them to a therapist as well but it doesn't. If it does create a victim then it's rape. I'm not saying any uncontrollable attraction is wrong but the actions are and the majority of people do eventually act on their attractions.

Once again, I'm not saying the ACTS are the same, but the attractions are. Simply being attracted to an animal or underage kid doesn't create a victim, and it's no more a choice than homosexuality, so how would therapy help "cure" a pedophile or zoophile, but not a homosexual?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Informed consent is what we are talking about:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yep... This is key, regardless of sexual orientation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm saying that a 15 or 16 year old girl is more than capable of giving consent. There are alot of men and women in jail or registered as sex offenders just for being in love. A 20 year old falls in love with a 16 year old girl and goes to jail for it yet 2 men who claim to be in love with each other do the same thing and no jail. HHHMMM, makes no sense to me whatsoever.
What person is the victim of zoophilia? The animal? Do animals have legal rights in this country?
I'm being ridiculous right now and playing devil's advocate to show how ignorrant these arguments are getting.

link   

so how would therapy help "cure" a pedophile or zoophile, but not a homosexual?

It would not cure anyone. There is no known way to change sexual attraction, thus no cure for pedophilia or zoophilia, or to turn someone gay or straight.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Yes, but therapy would work no better to "cure" their condition than this app would help "cure" gays of homosexuality.

Neither are people who suffer from pedophilia or bestiality, sure there are some who are predators and the act of dominating a weaker being is what is attracts them, but the people who are simply attracted to a child or animal, are no more a predator than a homosexual, they can't help their attraction, yet people feel therapy could help "cure" their condition.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

All registered sex offenders are not predators either.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

so how would therapy help "cure" a pedophile or zoophile, but not a homosexual?

It would not cure anyone. There is no known way to change sexual attraction, thus no cure for pedophilia or zoophilia, or to turn someone gay or straight.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's my point, so if both attractions are involuntary , how can someone say the attraction is different from homosexuality?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Look at age of consent laws in developed world. They vary between 13 and 18 years. Thus it is clear that there is little consensus on when exactly an informed consent is able to be given.

Age of consent
edit on 22/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

In the same way it is no different from heterosexuality

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So we are all in agreement then that ALL homosexuals are consenting adults? If this is true then that really destroys the whols " born this way " defense.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But they wouldn't. A child is not mature enough to give consent. How can they if they don't actually understand the act of sex?
Why do you think people with mental illness sometimes are deemed unable to give consent? Because they lack the understanding.

An animal giving consent? If a cow turned around one day and said "Actually, I'm ok with you man, carry on" Then how could a person argue with that?! I mean, it's a freaking talking cow!

As for you asking people if they believe all homosexuals are consenting, obviously not but there are also non consenting hetrosexuals too. It's called rape... whichever sexual orientation someone might be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So we are all in agreement then that ALL homosexuals are consenting adults? If this is true then that really destroys the whols " born this way " defense.

Consenting to the act, not the impulse.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That's my point, so if both attractions are involuntary , how can someone say the attraction is different from homosexuality?

In principle, I dont think it is different. The same mechanism, just developed abnormally for some people. Just look at this woman, she is attracted to a roller coaster:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sexy ride, isnt it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Never said it was, although it does differs in the fact that it's not the norm and an anomaly, whether it's a genetic defect or conditional condition from social upbringing, I don't claim to know, but it's definitely not the norm. But that's irrelevant to my main point, my initial post was stating that homosexual attraction is comparable to pedophilia and bestiality.
edit on 22-3-2011 by King_John because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

How does she feel about other people riding her "husband"
And yes, I suppose this would be exactly the same, an uncontrollable attraction.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Neither are people who suffer from pedophilia or bestiality, sure there are some who are predators and the act of dominating a weaker being is what is attracts them, but the people who are simply attracted to a child or animal, are no more a predator than a homosexual, they can't help their attraction, yet people feel therapy could help "cure" their condition.

This is different on so many levels that I'm not sure why you think otherwise. A homosexual (or hetrosexual) may have desires. Assuming those desires are towards those that mutually consent - why would therapy be an issue? There really is no question here. If either had desires towards those who would not mutually consent, then if they act upon those desires (male rape on female, male rape on male, any other permutation you wish) it is a criminal act - sexuality means nothing.

If someone has such desires towards those that are not in a position to mutually consent (animals, children) then there is a danger that desire may reach a point where it is acted upon - and there is no question of consent being a factor. Please note that whether you agree or not, that is why ages are set when a person is capable of knowing implications/consequences of an action and is in a position to give it - you may agree, you may not, but that is why we have laws. Of course, this does not apply to animals for which it should always be a no no as they do not have (as far as we know) an understanding of consent.

Can a person with desires to have sex with children or animals be 'cured'? I don't know if there has been any tests that prove this is even possible. I would say though that it is a completely different question and to judge all as the same is just not a fair point of view.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

In most states a child is mature enough to make the life changing decision of which parent he or she wants to be with at age 12, some at age 10 if the child is deemed mature enough. Memphis City Schools teach sex ed as early as grade 6. But we're saying that a female cannot give consent to sex?
Again, please do not take me the wrong way here. I do not agree with pedophilia at all, I'm just trying to get in the mind set of the homosexual and I just cannot do it.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join