It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by meeneecat

Don't even give them the time of day. These people are just ignorant. If black skin is a curse, then middle easterners and native americans and mexicans and all other shades of black skin are curses too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Like I said, I'm not going to engage in discussion with people who can offer no better than "flat-earther" "it's true because god says so" type arguments. Don't be offended, but it's simply because we are working from two totally different playing fields. I'm citing SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE and FACTS, you are citing statements that, in your opinion, have been made by a magical being in the sky that may or may not exist. Ancient Greeks used to believe in a pantheon of "gods", just because they believed these gods to exist, doesn't make it so. Just because you believe your god thinks homosexuality is "unnatural" doesn't make it so. Learn the difference between FACT and "faith".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
But isn't it hypocritical to be so against someones sexual orientation (NOT lifestyle CHOICE) yet claim to be their friend?! That person must feel wonderful knowing you feel like that about them.

I had friends who were serial womanisers, I disagree with that so I am no longer friends with them.

My opinion is that it isn't hypocritical. Some of my closest friends have done things that I disagree with, that I consider morally questionable, but they are are still close friends. Only serious wrongdoing or criminal behaviour would really break our friendship.
I personally disagree with homosexual behaviour on religious grounds, though I agree with the mainstream view that homosexual attraction is most often something that comes naturally. Despite this, I don't dislike homosexuals at all, they're the same as mostly everybody else, and I wouldn't think less of a friend if he was homosexual.
In my opinion, I'm not homophobic. I have an opinion on the morality of homosexual behaviour, but I do not fear, dislike, or discriminate against homosexuals themselves. I don't dislike the player, I dislike the game

EDIT: Also to clarify what I think about being born homosexual vs. it being a lifestyle choice, I think there is a distinction between attraction and action. We may not be able to control our attractions, but we can, to a large degree, control our actions. I don't think that homosexual attraction is something that homosexuals can largely control, much the same as heterosexual attraction
edit on 22/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

edit on 22/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: slight fix

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
GOD- "I gave you free will......... so use it EXACTLY AS I COMMAND YOU TO!"

GOD- Children Eat an Apple.....4,000 year old grudge.

GOD- Demand Adam and Eve follow a rule that requires the understanding of right and wrong.
DON'T give Adam and Eve the knowledge of right and wrong.

GOD- "WRATH IS A SIN!"
"I blow up cities to show who's Boss"

GOD- AIDS is killing millions
"NO CONDOMS!"

GOD- "Destroy Satan?"
"Nah...were cool now"

GOD- Give Humans impure thoughts
FORBID THEM FROM HAVING THEM!

Come on now really. If you are religious and use your religion as a means to promote an anti-homosexual agenda shouldn't you at least try to understand that eating shellfish is JUST as sinful as acting on homosexual impulses? Isn't that just SILLY? To think that god purposefully creates homosexuals only to ban them? That makes about as much sense as being punished for eating Red Lobster. Yet both of these things are in the Bible.

This app is nothing but a religious extremist attempt to extend the hate agenda. Fundamentalist religions should be considered nothing more than our ancestors, stuck in a time warp where they cannot make progress with the rest of us.

Moderate religion is AWESOME! Moderate religion is basically saying

"Yeah we think the majority of the stuff written in the religious books is garbage. But we want to use the word 'interpretation' instead of 'discarded'."

Bros you can use the word Fistandandalus if will make you feel any better as long as you stop following ridiculously obscure strange superstitions of desert people from pre Scientific civilizations.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Actually it does not. I am In the medical field and know that all of these complications happen in 12% of heterosexual sex, in gay sex 63% suffer disease and medical complications. Are you in the medical field or do you just google?

Do you have a link to support these stats?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's seems to me Apple exercised their freedom of speech to offer the app. It also seems like those people that do or may patronize Apple complained, as is their right. It also seems that supporters of both stands on this site exercised their individual freedom of expression. All in all I would say this has been one of the few viable exercises of our constitutional rights I've seen in while. Play on!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
*SPEECH*..... Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural and we would see it as natural. Nature didn't intend it, nor did god. Fat people don't whine with weight loss apps or commercials, so why do the gays?? Not really sure but, I have noticed a trend in homosexuality; they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc. I have not seen, heard of, or met a homosexual with a good clean back round. Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing.

What an absolute load of rubbish, how ignorant you are..... I wouldn't expect you would meet anyone with a clean background given your outlook......

[I however am very educated in the medical field.

Your educated in the medical field? I'm going to assume your pushing illicit drugs.....

Back to the originaly topic, I believe this is a smart marketing move made by apple... look at the all the free publicity they will get, good or bad.

edit on 22-3-2011 by downunder666 because: .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Because it does not happen in just about every animal species. Get an education and do some research on the people and groups putting out these statistics. SNIFF SNIFF,,, yep I smell an agenda brewing. Humans have sex for pleasure. Animals act on instinct. It's all hormones and instinct. Whenever "homosexuality" is observed in nature it is a show of dominance or when a female in heat is near. It is very unnatural and a choice plain and simple. Nothing wrong with the app. If gays do not like it then noone is forcing them to download it.

Dolphins, pigs, bonobos, and I'm sure there are others have sex for pleasure. Also, 2 gay penguins in the New York zoo have been a couple for 6yrs...

back to topic, I see nothing wrong with the app. it is quite silly, but free speach is free speach. I should make an app on "how to be cured of your down-syndrome" or "how to cure your level IV pancreatic cancer !"

I own these app rights... so no stealing!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by baboo
It's seems to me Apple exercised their freedom of speech to offer the app. It also seems like those people that do or may patronize Apple complained, as is their right. It also seems that supporters of both stands on this site exercised their individual freedom of expression. All in all I would say this has been one of the few viable exercises of our constitutional rights I've seen in while. Play on!

Here Here!

Im violently opposed to the decision Apple made here. I feel that they often make very strategic decisions, and because of that, this reeks of a strategic decision, and thus it means more to me as a consumer of Apple products, than if say it was Amazon.

However, I recognize, and would fight to defend their right to make whatever decision they make. As much as I would fight for anyones right to cry out against this and even boycott Apple.... This is the beauty of our land, that is so seldom recognized... And I believe some of my philosophical enemies on this thread would probably agree
edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
[

Because being homosexual isn't a condition or sickness to be cured. These "treatment" camps that try to change sexual orientation have been shown to increase depression and suicide in the people that undergo it. I'm not gay, but have family members who are and I find this repulsive. An app that helps you lose weight, that's to improve your health as being genetically predisposed to obescence makes you more suceptable to heart attack, diabetes, and other health risks. Being gay does not harm your health and people who are able to come out in an accepting environment register more satisfaction with their lives than when they were living in the closet.

Now tell me, you really think this is something that should be out there for teens confused about their sexual orientation? This is complete rubish and should be removed from the app store before anymore bible thumpers try to stuff it down other's throats!
edit on 3/21/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

Perfectly said. People have been treating homosexuality as if it is a cure. While I completely and utterly support the idea of free speech, this is a bit wicked. And who is to stop parents forcing this down their kid's throats? That certainly isn't 'free' speech, and I'm sure the Westboro Baptist Church is going to jump all over this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by codenameotacon89

Children don't have rights, they are owned by their parents.
I would suspect this app to be a big hit though, people that camp in line in order to pay 500 bucks to get the latest apple Iphone don't strike me as the most intelligent of our species

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is my first post, and I am sad to say that you guys have made a thread over twenty pages about....nothing.

t's an app. I'm gay and you don't see me getting pissed off, You have have to download it... And I'd be very surprised if you would even have known had the OP not made a thread about it,

It's just an app, guys. Free speech! In fact it is "selected" free speech because you don't have to see it unless you choose to!
edit on 22-3-2011 by Spencer1989 because: Edit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

i don't think it should be illegal for apple to offer this app, i just think its ignorant and in very poor taste.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Is there footage for it out yet? I need a good laugh.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Serves him right for choosing to be gay. Being gay is a defense mechanism for overpopulation. Nature is taking unnatural measures to keep the population under control.

Nature is taking unnatural measures?? Did you mean to put a rolly eye in there??!!

So which is it - choice, or nature? Cant' be both.....

Hopefully your brother will be cured soon.

Except you don't cure choice, and you don't cure nature....
edit on 22-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello! This is my first post also.
They are reporting at towleroad.com that tha app ahs been pulled.

And then there's this...........www.startribune.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It is a choice. Nature what I mean is that your environment and hormones, nothing else. Yes it is still a choice. It is a disease which there is no cure yet, but in time medicine will advance and cure this psychiatric disorder. It was in the DSM-IV and the only reason it was removed was because of political reasons, not medical.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer1989

Hi Spencer,

Welcome to ATS!

I agree with your first line, the matter originally was about the apple app, and its spiraled a little out of control, that said I also think its good to discuss a few of the perspectives some have on this forum (even though some will never get it)

Although I do agree with freedom of speech, I'm not so sure this is freedom of speech, IMO.
Yes you have the choice to download this app, but the idea behind it is a little concerning, to me, its an app that tells you how NOT to live your life, which I think is very prehistoric. Its almost like telling a culture to live a certain way.

For sure everyone is entitled to their opinion its just about how 'they' go about doing it.... I think the app is wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by codenameotacon89

Children don't have rights, they are owned by their parents.
I would suspect this app to be a big hit though, people that camp in line in order to pay 500 bucks to get the latest apple Iphone don't strike me as the most intelligent of our species

Good points.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join