It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Not at all. I'm just finding little spots of mold that tell me that "God" may not be the way others have interpreted.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Interesting...

was your family into church of any denomination?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

It's all the misuse of knowledge from pride.

It's hard to take you seriously. Have you looked at your user name lately?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Firstly, Does everyone have to see you pic your nose ?!! (all class dude)

Chaoscomplex, just from your few minutes of reading you have found that the bible is a lie and was written by an atheist.

Moral of the story, Do not trust Atheists.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.

Beautifully said my friend!!

BRAVO!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My immediate family, no.
My grandparents are very religious (Christian), they used to relate every situation to something in the Bible. It never bothered me really.
I have always understood that there is no way that any group of people could sort through all the available information concerning religion, therefore no one religion would ever prove more true than another.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou

Chaoscomplex, just from your few minutes of reading you have found that the bible is a lie and was written by an atheist.

Written by an Atheist?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

You're waking up and starting to see for yourself. Good for you! Your world will crumble, and the pillars of lies will be exposed. Be strong.

Best,

AllIsOne

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

God created man in OUR image is from the old testament, so how do you arrive at the conclusion that this means the Holy Trinity of the Lord, his Son, and the Holy Ghost, if Jesus hadn't been born yet nor would be for many generations?

Easy one. Please refer to John 1.
second line

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou

I love picking my nose, thank you. Avert your eyes if needed.

As for the rest of that...Not even close...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

My immediate family, no.
My grandparents are very religious (Christian), they used to relate every situation to something in the Bible. It never bothered me really.
I have always understood that there is no way that any group of people could sort through all the available information concerning religion, therefore no one religion would ever prove more true than another.

See the problem is people like to preach yet they don't understand... They preach to be "more right" then someone because if they can quote the bible that must be right to many christians. This is especially true when it comes to authority figures. Churches preach what they do not know, thus the blind leading the blind.

IF you look at the texts that wern't included in the bible you'll see a different perspective, but also the same as the bible, many truths, many stories...

What you can always realy on assuming the words wern't altered (who knows) is the teachings of Christ.... I've read them all, there is no fault in what i've read... in any scripture that is "his words"

Read the gospel of Thomas for a great example

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Pretty heavy stuff, but your assumption does not take into account those humans who have very short lives, such as those who die while 5, 10 or 15 years old and do not have the life to experience all these forms.
Probably might want to use a different theory.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Pretty heavy stuff, but your assumption does not take into account those humans who have very short lives, such as those who die while 5, 10 or 15 years old and do not have the life to experience all these forms.

Those that die at an early age were subject to their own Karma my friend

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That's a great point. If it were fact, faith would have no part to play. It can only be faith. Just when you think you know, you know nothing. Faith is the ever-present tipping point of the pendulum. It swings from faith to doubt, good to evil, darkness to light. Good and evil in Genesis 3 only represents a degree that depicts the rest of the image of nature. Like hot and cold, it's a point of reference on a scale of one thing--degree. Education by degree is the point of life. Atonement, or At-One-Ment, is taking all the degrees and moving the pendulum to its resting position with God.

The struggles and searchings of this life arise from two becoming one. The sun and the moon come together to make life on earth. The sperm and egg come together to make you. The feet come together to walk. Ears, hands, arms, and so on. The Emerald Tablet calls it the miracle of one thing. Life is alchemy. As above, so below.

reply to post by Akragon

How can I explain this better...

Let's say you believe in something like...Santa Clause. You believe in him through faith alone. You know that he puts presents under the tree and eats your cookies, but you NEVER see him. One morning you see your parents placing your gifts under the tree. That event is like the mold. Now you have to tear down your belief, re-evaluate, and re-build accordingly...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you read my earlier posts, you will see that I believe in reincarnation. I think that this was what Jesus was telling Nicodemus in John ch. 3. We continue to be born in a water body (material) until we finally see Christ and are then born again into the spirit. It's rather obvious once you see what Christ was trying to say. The only verse that disputes this is the "It's appointed to man once to live and then judgement," which is true. The man lives once but the spirit continues to live on. Read John 3 with an eye for this and you will be amazed. I can't say it's true, but is only what I see as true.

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Those that die at an early age were subject to their own Karma my friend

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

My immediate family, no.

See the problem is people like to preach yet they don't understand... They preach to be "more right" then someone because if they can quote the bible that must be right to many christians. This is especially true when it comes to authority figures. Churches preach what they do not know, thus the blind leading the blind.

IF you look at the texts that wern't included in the bible you'll see a different perspective, but also the same as the bible, many truths, many stories...

What you can always realy on assuming the words wern't altered (who knows) is the teachings of Christ.... I've read them all, there is no fault in what i've read... in any scripture that is "his words"

Read the gospel of Thomas for a great example

There is a reason these texts are not included in the Bible. They are not inspired texts. Please refer to Google to find how the texts were selected. To put it in modern day parable, let's make a story:
A man tells his neighbors that there is a man who lives down the street that is running a crack house. Let's pretend that is true. Another neighbor, who is friends with the guy who is running the crack house and makes a profit from it with him, tells the neighbors that the guy is not really running a crack house, but is running a holistic therapy center. Who would you believe? In the days of Jesus and after, the Christian church was a growing threat to other religions. The members of those other religions created false doctrines to act like a "computer virus" to deceive people away from Christianity. Heck, it still happens today. However, just because the texts are old, people accept them as gospel today. Would you get your news from, for example, the Globe or the Christian Science Monitor? I suggest you stick to the accepted texts, especially the KJV, and I don't mean the NKJV.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Easy the bible has an awnser for everything

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jesus existed before the earth. Jesus is the WORD

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I suggest you stick to the accepted texts, especially the KJV, and I don't mean the NKJV.

Accepted by who...?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join