Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 7
47
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Has anyone considered the theory that evil and good are man made concepts?


Yes, I would consider that idea in the beginning of my search for the truth. However, I am no longer at that point along the road.




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne
 


Right.....i can show you tons of Inspired messages my friend, even recent ones...

The fact is the bible was written by man...Inspired yes...but not written by.




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by Akragon
Has anyone considered the theory that evil and good are man made concepts?


Yes, I would consider that idea in the beginning of my search for the truth. However, I am no longer at that point along the road.


Thats good to hear...




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Okay welcome to sunday school 101

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell


May I offer a suggestion here. This appears to contain an assumption. I do not know a place in the Bible where it says they became flesh after they fell. I tend to believe they are still spirits, like in evil spirits or demons. These entities will never inherit bodies permanently, as in the bodies belong to them. They will, however, possess those who are not in Christ on occasion.

I tend to believe that there is a second chance after death for those who are not familiar with these choices, as Jesus preached to the spirits in prison from the days of Noah as seen in I Peter.



Exactly satan and his fallen angels are still spirits!, But when man saw them, They appeared in the physical right? I know spiritual beings can make themself visable, But the angels actually lost thier beauty and honour when they fell, And the breeded with the woman and took unto them wives, So These demons planted thier spiritual seed into the woman to create halfings, Im sorry i should i corrected that assumptions, No the spirits did not become flesh when they fell, But they appeared as flesh, And mated with woman



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Jim Scott
 


Im sorry but yeah lucifer is satan, He is the brightest morning star? he was the light bearer on gods behalf before he tried to destroy dethrone God? and jesus Is now the only way to the father, he is our high priest.

Satan is refered to as many things, serpant, Devil, Prince of darkness, Prince of persia, Prince of the air, Lucifer ect.......Lol look at the apple logo
, on the back of an ipod or on your imac rofl


Sorry to offend you, but I think you will find that Lucifer is only mentioned as the king in Isaiah. en.wikipedia.org... Additionally, probably not a good idea to use the back of the ipod for theological "facts"
Good reading, though, and keep it up.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Lucifer is a mistranslation of Hebrew by Jerome. Lucifer is a Latin word used to translate a Hebrew word which is a bright King from Babylon. Christ is the true bright and morning star which rises in our hearts. This is mentioned in 2 Peter 1:19 and and Revelation 22:16. If anything, Lucifer is a better word for Christ, but we can't use it since Jerome has it fixed in our mind that it means Satan. This was an incorrect translation. Semantics. Satan is the false Lucifer.


Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Jim Scott
 


Im sorry but yeah lucifer is satan, He is the brightest morning star? he was the light bearer on gods behalf before he tried to destroy dethrone God? and jesus Is now the only way to the father, he is our high priest.

Satan is refered to as many things, serpant, Devil, Prince of darkness, Prince of persia, Prince of the air, Lucifer ect.......Lol look at the apple logo
, on the back of an ipod or on your imac rofl



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Since this topic keeps coming up perhaps some of you might like to read this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by InnerstellarOne
 


Right.....i can show you tons of Inspired messages my friend, even recent ones...

The fact is the bible was written by man...Inspired yes...but not written by.



It was written by man because God spoke it and man scribed it? of course god didnt write his own book and gave it to man straight away, Man had to live his life seeking god and to live a holy life after the fall in eden, God told man to write down these things, so man did, That we could have the knowledge and existance of God today.

Its not called the Word Of God for nothing now is it>:?



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Okay welcome to sunday school 101

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell


May I offer a suggestion here. This appears to contain an assumption. I do not know a place in the Bible where it says they became flesh after they fell. I tend to believe they are still spirits, like in evil spirits or demons. These entities will never inherit bodies permanently, as in the bodies belong to them. They will, however, possess those who are not in Christ on occasion.

I tend to believe that there is a second chance after death for those who are not familiar with these choices, as Jesus preached to the spirits in prison from the days of Noah as seen in I Peter.



Exactly satan and his fallen angels are still spirits!, But when man saw them, They appeared in the physical right? I know spiritual beings can make themself visable, But the angels actually lost thier beauty and honour when they fell, And the breeded with the woman and took unto them wives, So These demons planted thier spiritual seed into the woman to create halfings, Im sorry i should i corrected that assumptions, No the spirits did not become flesh when they fell, But they appeared as flesh, And mated with woman


I apologize if I am wrong, but to my way of understanding these fallen angels are created by God, making them creatures, as you and I. We, like they, cannot change our state of being from spirit to flesh at will, without death as an interim condition. Such abilities would be confined to God himself, as when Jesus does so. Perhaps you are referring to when Jacob wrestled with the angel all night. It is reasonable to assume this was Jesus, as no other body would have been resurrected to do so, and only God can become a body at will. On the other hand, perhaps God gave the angel a body just for the task, and then took it back later. Who knows. I don't. Not worried about it.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Just expanding on "triune" some believe the trinity to be the father, the son and the holy spirit
42



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Lucifer is a mistranslation of Hebrew by Jerome. Lucifer is a Latin word used to translate a Hebrew word which is a bright King from Babylon. Christ is the true bright and morning star which rises in our hearts. This is mentioned in 2 Peter 1:19 and and Revelation 22:16. If anything, Lucifer is a better word for Christ, but we can't use it since Jerome has it fixed in our mind that it means Satan. This was an incorrect translation. Semantics. Satan is the false Lucifer.


Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Jim Scott
 


Im sorry but yeah lucifer is satan, He is the brightest morning star? he was the light bearer on gods behalf before he tried to destroy dethrone God? and jesus Is now the only way to the father, he is our high priest.

Satan is refered to as many things, serpant, Devil, Prince of darkness, Prince of persia, Prince of the air, Lucifer ect.......Lol look at the apple logo
, on the back of an ipod or on your imac rofl



The word “Lucifer” is used in the King James Version only once, in Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!” The Hebrew word translated “Lucifer” is helel (or heylel), from the root, hâlâl, meaning “to shine” or “to bear light.” Keil and Delitzsch noted that “t derives its name in other ancient languages also from its striking brilliancy, and is here called ben-shachar (son of the dawn).. Jesus is never once refered to as lucifer or should he ever be.

Jesus is GOD in the flesh, His is the image of the first born over all creation, He is the truth and the LIGHT, satan lost that right when he tried to dethrone GOD, you got to realise this



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Faith, Hope and Love. Faith in God and the Hope that is in Christ. It's all God's bestowal of his Love to you. Live in loving-kindness to others because of what Christ did for you by example. The point of this reality is contained in 1 Corinthians 13. The process is in John ch 1. It ends with Revelation when our walking alone comes to an end, literally. Walk with Christ. Walk as Christ, but knowing you are incapable apart from Grace. Disbelief is the way to separation, which is walking on your own. Faith, hope and love. God does the rest.


Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



Live with God, not against.


how?




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by InnerstellarOne
 


Right.....i can show you tons of Inspired messages my friend, even recent ones...

The fact is the bible was written by man...Inspired yes...but not written by.



It was written by man because God spoke it and man scribed it? of course god didnt write his own book and gave it to man straight away, Man had to live his life seeking god and to live a holy life after the fall in eden, God told man to write down these things, so man did, That we could have the knowledge and existance of God today.

Its not called the Word Of God for nothing now is it>:?


Ok, we're getting on the same page a lot better now. Thanks. By the way, do recall that God did write the Ten Commandments with his finger into the stone (figuratively, of course). Probably the one instance where God wrote the book himself. Good grammer, too.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne
 


The koran is called the word of God as well, so is the bhagavad gita... But they were all written by man...

If you consider God to be in all of us, then yes you could say it was written by God.

But again, writen by man none the less. Theres only one mans words that matter in the whole of the bible..




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Okay welcome to sunday school 101

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell


May I offer a suggestion here. This appears to contain an assumption. I do not know a place in the Bible where it says they became flesh after they fell. I tend to believe they are still spirits, like in evil spirits or demons. These entities will never inherit bodies permanently, as in the bodies belong to them. They will, however, possess those who are not in Christ on occasion.

I tend to believe that there is a second chance after death for those who are not familiar with these choices, as Jesus preached to the spirits in prison from the days of Noah as seen in I Peter.



Exactly satan and his fallen angels are still spirits!, But when man saw them, They appeared in the physical right? I know spiritual beings can make themself visable, But the angels actually lost thier beauty and honour when they fell, And the breeded with the woman and took unto them wives, So These demons planted thier spiritual seed into the woman to create halfings, Im sorry i should i corrected that assumptions, No the spirits did not become flesh when they fell, But they appeared as flesh, And mated with woman


I apologize if I am wrong, but to my way of understanding these fallen angels are created by God, making them creatures, as you and I. We, like they, cannot change our state of being from spirit to flesh at will, without death as an interim condition. Such abilities would be confined to God himself, as when Jesus does so. Perhaps you are referring to when Jacob wrestled with the angel all night. It is reasonable to assume this was Jesus, as no other body would have been resurrected to do so, and only God can become a body at will. On the other hand, perhaps God gave the angel a body just for the task, and then took it back later. Who knows. I don't. Not worried about it.


The parable of the wheat and tares is the only true explanation of this.

How ever God can do all things, Jesus was flesh, And spirit, But he still appears as flesh when he comes to people on earth, people have even reported they have touched his hands where the holes are and felt this injury.

I dont believe satan or demons can take on pure flesh formation, Without planting his seed into a woman, Just as satan bore a child of spirit, So was jesus born of GODS spirit, and his seed, But jesus was born of virgin miraculate birth, Which makes him perfect and sinless, The demons that breeded spirit with flesh however sinned and lusted, creating evil and wicked giants
Jesus was born pure, Gods son, holy and without blemish
, So here we can understand that thought a spirit being cannot become flesh unless its seed mingles with flesh.

Just incase you didnt know lol



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Since this topic keeps coming up perhaps some of you might like to read this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...


You make some good points. You probably should have mentioned the beginning of Job, too, or other scriptures where we are "turned over to the buffetings of Satan." There is a refiners fire for those who rebel against God, apparently, for those whom God loves and wants to correct, like a good father. If you see those who are doing evil and not getting corrected, I suppose there is a place for them later. Who knows what God will do. He might let everyone off. After all, He paid for everyone to go to heaven, and He said "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott
 


Yah but notice you're not allowed to look at the actual stone....its stashed away and only one man is holy enough to even be in the same room




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by Akragon
Since this topic keeps coming up perhaps some of you might like to read this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...


You make some good points. You probably should have mentioned the beginning of Job, too, or other scriptures where we are "turned over to the buffetings of Satan." There is a refiners fire for those who rebel against God, apparently, for those whom God loves and wants to correct, like a good father. If you see those who are doing evil and not getting corrected, I suppose there is a place for them later. Who knows what God will do. He might let everyone off. After all, He paid for everyone to go to heaven, and He said "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".


thank you...its just a logical theory of mine.

I don't see how an angel would even consider disagreeing with God....makes no sence to me, thank you for reading it




posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Holy Trinity.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex
 


Okay welcome to sunday school 101

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell


May I offer a suggestion here. This appears to contain an assumption. I do not know a place in the Bible where it says they became flesh after they fell. I tend to believe they are still spirits, like in evil spirits or demons. These entities will never inherit bodies permanently, as in the bodies belong to them. They will, however, possess those who are not in Christ on occasion.

I tend to believe that there is a second chance after death for those who are not familiar with these choices, as Jesus preached to the spirits in prison from the days of Noah as seen in I Peter.



Exactly satan and his fallen angels are still spirits!, But when man saw them, They appeared in the physical right? I know spiritual beings can make themself visable, But the angels actually lost thier beauty and honour when they fell, And the breeded with the woman and took unto them wives, So These demons planted thier spiritual seed into the woman to create halfings, Im sorry i should i corrected that assumptions, No the spirits did not become flesh when they fell, But they appeared as flesh, And mated with woman


I apologize if I am wrong, but to my way of understanding these fallen angels are created by God, making them creatures, as you and I. We, like they, cannot change our state of being from spirit to flesh at will, without death as an interim condition. Such abilities would be confined to God himself, as when Jesus does so. Perhaps you are referring to when Jacob wrestled with the angel all night. It is reasonable to assume this was Jesus, as no other body would have been resurrected to do so, and only God can become a body at will. On the other hand, perhaps God gave the angel a body just for the task, and then took it back later. Who knows. I don't. Not worried about it.


The parable of the wheat and tares is the only true explanation of this.

How ever God can do all things, Jesus was flesh, And spirit, But he still appears as flesh when he comes to people on earth, people have even reported they have touched his hands where the holes are and felt this injury.

I dont believe satan or demons can take on pure flesh formation, Without planting his seed into a woman, Just as satan bore a child of spirit, So was jesus born of GODS spirit, and his seed, But jesus was born of virgin miraculate birth, Which makes him perfect and sinless, The demons that breeded spirit with flesh however sinned and lusted, creating evil and wicked giants
Jesus was born pure, Gods son, holy and without blemish
, So here we can understand that thought a spirit being cannot become flesh unless its seed mingles with flesh.

Just incase you didnt know lol

I think I understand your point, however I don't see how the angels could get their seed before getting a body. Which came first, the body or the seed? Had to be body, but according to your logical explanation, they couldn't have the body until they produced the seed, right?





new topics




 
47
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join