It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You can use every lie and deceptive nature you can to poison the minds of those carnal christians, but those mature ones in christ, Know him and he knows his lamb, and they thier shepard.

You wolves amongst these sheep, dont you know the shepard will destroy you and send you far away from him?

Another wolf and sheep analogy guy...

I love you guys

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Physics tells a better story for time and matches the Bible. The third dimension exists within the 4th dimension of time. The present now is a choice of potentiality from the 5th dimension. Who chooses, you or God? You think you do, but the obvious answer is different. Are you a bird flying or are you flown? Are you a fish swimming or are you swum? You think you choose, but in reality chance is merely providence. There are only three choices for what happens in this reality: Choice, chance and the actions of others (still choice). God is chance (providence) and choice is between belief and disbelief. All the rest is merely a result of what happens by the Laws of God which operate nature. Since law determines what you reap, God is still making the choice for the result. All you are doing is showing your choice to follow or think you are leading.

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Beautifully said my friend!!

BRAVO!!

Its not really beautiful, Because time does have an end, And a beggining, When God spoke all that there is into existance, And the end when the heavens receed like a scroll and the all that thier is will no longer be?
secondly before the great flood, Man lived up until 900+ years of age, So how could you so could living of the life be true? Life is not an act, Or a stage, its not a game or a story, its reality, Its knowing about God, Finding christ, Realizing what your true destiny is and your purpose in the after life (read revelations), Yes god made adam in his own image, Gods DNA was and is in adam just as much as you and i, but we are all one spirit, Not one human, But one spirit, We are a family of spiritual beings, That were born to live in harmony with each other and love god.
Jesus appeared to bhudda, and told him that we are the temple and christ lives within us if we are born again.
But bhudda misinterpreted this revelation from jesus and said that we are our own GODS, and that we are all christs.
WRONG, If we are all christs, can we not save our selves?, or did we all die on the cross 2000 years ago?
Christ is a man, And he was real, he walked this earth, taught, healed, raised the dead, cast out devils, And forgave our sins, He is GOD in the flesh whether you choose to believe it or not, And When we are born again, The holy spirit comes to live inside us and dwell in our temple.

Life is n ot repetatve, It is not a story, But it does have an end, And a new earth for those who are saved, where the saints will reign with christ forever and ever amen.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

I do, because the bible told me so

Revelation 12:7-12 (King James Version)

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

In short, are you saying everything is out of your control?

link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

You have just stepped into the twilight zone here on ATS with asking these questions about the bible.
The wolves are well fed in these here parts, and can lead one to walk out with barely the clothes on their back.

What you read you don't understand, and that's because you read it with your human limitations of understanding.

Now, there will be many who will say all manner of things on account of what I have just said to you. But I don't really care, and I will not reply, because it is useless to do so. Especially to the rude, and ignorant ones that have nothing better to do than call down, and judge.
But if your seriously interested to understand some scriptures, I will help you.

link   

You can use every lie and deceptive nature you can to poison the minds of those carnal christians, but those mature ones in christ, Know him and he knows his lamb, and they thier shepard.

You wolves amongst these sheep, dont you know the shepard will destroy you and send you far away from him?

I love you guys

I love you too
, You silly deceived idolotrators ^^

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

i wasn't talking to you actually...

sorry

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I love you guys

I love you too
, You silly deceived idolotrators ^^

lol...

here come deh judge...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Physics tells a better story for time and matches the Bible. The third dimension exists within the 4th dimension of time. The present now is a choice of potentiality from the 5th dimension. Who chooses, you or God? You think you do, but the obvious answer is different. Are you a bird flying or are you flown? Are you a fish swimming or are you swum? You think you choose, but in reality chance is merely providence. There are only three choices for what happens in this reality: Choice, chance and the actions of others (still choice). God is chance (providence) and choice is between belief and disbelief. All the rest is merely a result of what happens by the Laws of God which operate nature. Since law determines what you reap, God is still making the choice for the result. All you are doing is showing your choice to follow or think you are leading.

You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.

Beautifully said my friend!!

BRAVO!!

Its not really beautiful, Because time does have an end, And a beggining, When God spoke all that there is into existance, And the end when the heavens receed like a scroll and the all that thier is will no longer be?
secondly before the great flood, Man lived up until 900+ years of age, So how could you so could living of the life be true? Life is not an act, Or a stage, its not a game or a story, its reality, Its knowing about God, Finding christ, Realizing what your true destiny is and your purpose in the after life (read revelations), Yes god made adam in his own image, Gods DNA was and is in adam just as much as you and i, but we are all one spirit, Not one human, But one spirit, We are a family of spiritual beings, That were born to live in harmony with each other and love god.
Jesus appeared to bhudda, and told him that we are the temple and christ lives within us if we are born again.
But bhudda misinterpreted this revelation from jesus and said that we are our own GODS, and that we are all christs.
WRONG, If we are all christs, can we not save our selves?, or did we all die on the cross 2000 years ago?
Christ is a man, And he was real, he walked this earth, taught, healed, raised the dead, cast out devils, And forgave our sins, He is GOD in the flesh whether you choose to believe it or not, And When we are born again, The holy spirit comes to live inside us and dwell in our temple.

Life is n ot repetatve, It is not a story, But it does have an end, And a new earth for those who are saved, where the saints will reign with christ forever and ever amen.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

ED buddy!! Slow down for a sec lol

Question for the teacher *raises his hand*

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

#2 Where does what you just said leave free will?

link   
Dont you know that if you place your trust in men they will surely fail you?
Dont you know that man is imperfect and jesus is the only perfect one.
science will fail you, Maths will fail you, Theories, Deceiving doctrines, All lies in religion and new age beliefs WILL fail you, There is only one who is true and righteouss, And he is exalted above every name that there is.

wait for it!!!!!

HIS NAME IS!!!

JESUS!! ^^)

link   

In short, are you saying everything is out of your control?

Don't listen to that C__p. We have many choices, there are many roads, and the one that leads to life is very narrow.
We were created with free will, that is part of what God meant when He said, "let us create man in Our image".

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Every time I hear about human limitations...

Physical limitations...Indeed.
Mental limitations...Nada.

Tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Not to offend anyone, but some wanted a different storey other than the Greek or Roman Gods, notice the irony of Adams rib and Chronus rib. It is to also give the masses a hope and path, hopefully not a path that is of being the hand of God lol....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

science will fail you, Maths will fail you, Theories, Deceiving doctrines, All lies in religion and new age beliefs WILL fail you, There is only one who is true and righteouss, And he is exalted above every name that there is.

wait for it!!!!!

HIS NAME IS!!!

JESUS!! ^^)

Good fer you man...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

wait for it!!!!!

HIS NAME IS!!!

JESUS!! ^^)

Good fer you man...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Baptism is also a metaphor for falling into the water of the birthed body. You must be born of water and spirit. Flesh is water (mostly). You must be born of this first. But until you are born of water (first) and then reborn into the spirit of Christ, you will not see the kingdom of God. Nothing about reincarnation changes the work of Christ on the cross, nor does my belief in the possibility cancel my salvation. There are many mysteries of Christ or they would be facts and he would not have spoken in parable for everything he ever said. We are expected to see into the image and derive meaning. It's faith, not fact.

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d

Originally posted by Jim Scott
If you believe in reincarnation, you do not believe the Bible when it states "It is appointed unto man once to die..." in Hebrews 9:27-28. I'm not able to understand how you could believe in the Bible and separate one part to disbelieve.
In the case of Nicodemus, let us look at what He is referring to. Water may refer to baptism of the body as in becoming a member of the body of Christ. Many become members, but obviously don't get the truth. Look at all the fallen priests and pastors, for example. Therefore, you must also be born of the spirit, wherein the Holy Spirit testifies to your spirit the truth of the matter and you place your spirit into the hands of the Holy Spirit to guide your life. You "die" to this life and the laws of the commandments, and you are born again without the law but alive in Christ by grace, justified, and serving others with the love that flows from Him through you. This is the essence of the expression, "faith without works is dead". Jesus said you could tell his followers by their having love one for another.

If you read my earlier posts, you will see that I believe in reincarnation. I think that this was what Jesus was telling Nicodemus in John ch. 3. We continue to be born in a water body (material) until we finally see Christ and are then born again into the spirit. It's rather obvious once you see what Christ was trying to say. The only verse that disputes this is the "It's appointed to man once to live and then judgement," which is true. The man lives once but the spirit continues to live on. Read John 3 with an eye for this and you will be amazed. I can't say it's true, but is only what I see as true.

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Pretty heavy stuff, but your assumption does not take into account those humans who have very short lives, such as those who die while 5, 10 or 15 years old and do not have the life to experience all these forms.
Probably might want to use a different theory.

Those that die at an early age were subject to their own Karma my friend

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

Our CURRENT knowledge of mathematics may fail at a point of zero tolerance.

Compare it to imagining a new color, that shared nothing in common with any other base color. Now apply that to mathematics. Imagine if there were a whole new concept, or theory, that completely changed our mathematics?

Numbers and patterns are everywhere. Please, please, PLEASE, read about Sacred Geometry.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by ChaosComplex

You have just stepped into the twilight zone here on ATS with asking these questions about the bible.
The wolves are well fed in these here parts, and can lead one to walk out with barely the clothes on their back.

What you read you don't understand, and that's because you read it with your human limitations of understanding.

Now, there will be many who will say all manner of things on account of what I have just said to you. But I don't really care, and I will not reply, because it is useless to do so. Especially to the rude, and ignorant ones that have nothing better to do than call down, and judge.
But if your seriously interested to understand some scriptures, I will help you.

haha!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Karma does not exist, Its just a belief taken from the term, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=809

Beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join