It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My user name comes from the book I wrote called, "The Superior Educator." I used Confucius and, "The Superior Man" concept to denote what it takes to be a Superior Educator. It's all about the life you live as a teacher. The better you are as a person, the better your students will reflect your character back to you. Classroom management is just like what God does for us. He treats us by reaping and sowing from our behavior through loving-kindness. That's all my username means. Semantics I suppose. Life is what you choose to make it, just like words.

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by SuperiorEd

It's all the misuse of knowledge from pride.

It's hard to take you seriously. Have you looked at your user name lately?

link   
reply to post by Akragon

The majority.

link   
If you believe in reincarnation, you do not believe the Bible when it states "It is appointed unto man once to die..." in Hebrews 9:27-28. I'm not able to understand how you could believe in the Bible and separate one part to disbelieve.
In the case of Nicodemus, let us look at what He is referring to. Water may refer to baptism of the body as in becoming a member of the body of Christ. Many become members, but obviously don't get the truth. Look at all the fallen priests and pastors, for example. Therefore, you must also be born of the spirit, wherein the Holy Spirit testifies to your spirit the truth of the matter and you place your spirit into the hands of the Holy Spirit to guide your life. You "die" to this life and the laws of the commandments, and you are born again without the law but alive in Christ by grace, justified, and serving others with the love that flows from Him through you. This is the essence of the expression, "faith without works is dead". Jesus said you could tell his followers by their having love one for another.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

If you read my earlier posts, you will see that I believe in reincarnation. I think that this was what Jesus was telling Nicodemus in John ch. 3. We continue to be born in a water body (material) until we finally see Christ and are then born again into the spirit. It's rather obvious once you see what Christ was trying to say. The only verse that disputes this is the "It's appointed to man once to live and then judgement," which is true. The man lives once but the spirit continues to live on. Read John 3 with an eye for this and you will be amazed. I can't say it's true, but is only what I see as true.

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Jim Scott

You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Pretty heavy stuff, but your assumption does not take into account those humans who have very short lives, such as those who die while 5, 10 or 15 years old and do not have the life to experience all these forms.
Probably might want to use a different theory.

Those that die at an early age were subject to their own Karma my friend

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

My user name comes from the book I wrote called, "The Superior Educator." I used Confucius and, "The Superior Man" concept to denote what it takes to be a Superior Educator. It's all about the life you live as a teacher. The better you are as a person, the better your students will reflect your character back to you. Classroom management is just like what God does for us. He treats us by reaping and sowing from our behavior through loving-kindness. That's all my username means. Semantics I suppose. Life is what you choose to make it, just like words.

Originally posted by AllIsOne

It's all the misuse of knowledge from pride.

It's hard to take you seriously. Have you looked at your user name lately?

I'd like to be the first to thank you for your service as a teacher.
second line

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

so the sheeple?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You are a teacher?

what did you teach?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

How did the various versions of the Bible come about (King James Version, NKJV, etc.)?
Was it really EDITED by...a king? Of men?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

it was edited by many...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That doesn't bother you?

link   
Was Hell actually added to the New Testament?

link   

You will live out all the stories of the Bible in your life. Time is an illusion. There is no future or past. There is only the continuing creation of now within eternity. You are given approx. 80 years of life. The first six are living followed by your day of rest (70-80). It's all a picture of you, me, we, us, Christ, Adam. You are Adam. You are a branch from the same tree. The root is from God. All life is a story that points to the same thing, again and again and again. A mirror cannot see itself. It can only reflect what it sees. We are an image, in an imperfect reflection. If we were a perfect reflection, we would be the reflection. Since we are only like a mirror, we can only reflect what we see. This is the perfect education. God does not just read us a story, we LIVE within the story and have a part to play. AMAZING! As you wake up to the truth, it becomes the most amazing story ever told. One day we will all tell the story. That's our job. We are not the judge. We are only the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the adversary. All actors in the play called life.

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.

Beautifully said my friend!!

BRAVO!!

Its not really beautiful, Because time does have an end, And a beggining, When God spoke all that there is into existance, And the end when the heavens receed like a scroll and the all that thier is will no longer be?
secondly before the great flood, Man lived up until 900+ years of age, So how could you so could living of the life be true? Life is not an act, Or a stage, its not a game or a story, its reality, Its knowing about God, Finding christ, Realizing what your true destiny is and your purpose in the after life (read revelations), Yes god made adam in his own image, Gods DNA was and is in adam just as much as you and i, but we are all one spirit, Not one human, But one spirit, We are a family of spiritual beings, That were born to live in harmony with each other and love god.
Jesus appeared to bhudda, and told him that we are the temple and christ lives within us if we are born again.
But bhudda misinterpreted this revelation from jesus and said that we are our own GODS, and that we are all christs.
WRONG, If we are all christs, can we not save our selves?, or did we all die on the cross 2000 years ago?
Christ is a man, And he was real, he walked this earth, taught, healed, raised the dead, cast out devils, And forgave our sins, He is GOD in the flesh whether you choose to believe it or not, And When we are born again, The holy spirit comes to live inside us and dwell in our temple.

Life is n ot repetatve, It is not a story, But it does have an end, And a new earth for those who are saved, where the saints will reign with christ forever and ever amen.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

not at all...

God told us the true teachings are there, this is why Jesus spoke in parables...because only people that understand the way can understand the parables...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Was Hell actually added to the New Testament?

Of course it was this hell is a fear tactic to make you believe...OR ELSE!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

...and for us unsaved heathens?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You can use every lie and deceptive nature you can to poison the minds of those carnal christians, but those mature ones in christ, Know him and he knows his lamb, and they thier shepard.

You wolves amongst these sheep, dont you know the shepard will destroy you and send you far away from him?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Beautifully said my friend!!

BRAVO!!

Its not really beautiful, Because time does have an end, And a beggining, When God spoke all that there is into existance, And the end when the heavens receed like a scroll and the all that thier is will no longer be?
secondly before the great flood, Man lived up until 900+ years of age, So how could you so could living of the life be true? Life is not an act, Or a stage, its not a game or a story, its reality, Its knowing about God, Finding christ, Realizing what your true destiny is and your purpose in the after life (read revelations), Yes god made adam in his own image, Gods DNA was and is in adam just as much as you and i, but we are all one spirit, Not one human, But one spirit, We are a family of spiritual beings, That were born to live in harmony with each other and love god.
Jesus appeared to bhudda, and told him that we are the temple and christ lives within us if we are born again.
But bhudda misinterpreted this revelation from jesus and said that we are our own GODS, and that we are all christs.
WRONG, If we are all christs, can we not save our selves?, or did we all die on the cross 2000 years ago?
Christ is a man, And he was real, he walked this earth, taught, healed, raised the dead, cast out devils, And forgave our sins, He is GOD in the flesh whether you choose to believe it or not, And When we are born again, The holy spirit comes to live inside us and dwell in our temple.

Life is n ot repetatve, It is not a story, But it does have an end, And a new earth for those who are saved, where the saints will reign with christ forever and ever amen.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

see what i mean, people love to preach...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Actually Hell is real, And if you truly dont believe it, Then your are deceived.
If you dont believe it what about the countless life after death expierences?
People who have come back from visions of hell only to tell thier story's to people telling that there really is a hell and that its not a place of fun and excitement

If you really want to understand Why hell exists, Why people go thier and if it does Read this book.
otherwise perish?
www.spiritlessons.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Everyone will recognize _________ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

This is exactly what I would love to be around to see.

Something that no one can question. Something that will cause everyone to understand whatever there is to understand...if that makes any sense at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join