It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Libya - Am I the only one thinking this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OIL fairly good for us but we are learning to live without it, Technology would be nowhere to be seen in these countries so if they pay in oil for our ipods/pad and other such technological gadgetry then whats the problem at the end of the day we've intervened to stop some rtard killing his muslim brothers. Wheres the thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think the reason for attacking is that large companies want to reach the oil, which obviously Libya has in abundance... I heared that people from Libya lived pretty good till now... Why would they ruin their lives with sanctions and war ? To me all this seems like someone powerfull bribed small group of people to revolt against Gaddafi... And tell me how do unarmed rebels have fighter plane for god's sake ?!?

Conspiracy theorists this time certainly have evidence that they are right...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by op0sum

Theyve milked our technology for years so time to get something in return without us theyre the flintstones

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If the western powers set up the chain reaction revolutions in the mid-east, then it makes perfect sense. Last time they did something like this, they put together 9/11. Now, they put together revolutions to have an excuse to overthrow these dictators. It's always about excuses. For once, they should just go and start a war without any excuse. America especially is so ignorant most of us won't have anything to say about it. Or, they'll just complain about it but then sit back and watch the world crumble. God knows they've been planning this attack for a while. They probabaly planned Obama's presidency just as they planned Bush's presidency. So how is any of this really new or surprising? Personally, I'm waiting for a new trick. All they are doing is repeating history. Make an elaborate plan to invade another country and then use some other media tactic (in this case-Japan and if you really want to get shallow all of the Charlie Sheen stuff-I'm sorry, that whole controversy was planned and he's getting paid big time to distract the shallow minds of ignorant americans from the REAL issues) to cover it up. I'm waiting for something new...and I have a feeling like they're going to give it to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by destroydemonocracyx21

Damn your right charlie sheen is a NWO agent hellbent on distracting us from the real agenda?????
Your missing one fact CHARLIE SHEEN IS A LEGEND !!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Since when does the President have the authority to wage war on another country without Congress' approval?

Oh but it's not war... We are just supporting our allies by launching missiles at Libya.... Right? Anyone believe that? Anyone? *crickets chirping*

Just yesterday morning I was thinking, hey, cool, the US is actually not going to get involved. They are going to respect the wishes of other countries and offer only support... Two hours later they launched missiles at Libya... and there are reports that the majority of planes out there are American...

Yep, Obama swore there would be no ground troops... But he never said anything about navy and Airforce, Ships, planes and weapons, did he? I wonder if anyone actually realizes how stupid they must think we are to sit there and point out that they wont send ground troops, all while sending jets, ships and weapons... :/

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought i heard that Obama said the would take a back step in this and let France and the UK lead the way?

Firstly, France never gets involved with things so why now ??

Secondly, if were going on conspiracy theories.....Remember way back when the Rothchilds and his clan used to encourage countries to go into war...?

Maybe they just want some more cash for the federal bank...?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

And good on obama finally showing some spine this guy is killing his supposed muslim brothers if it were th us instigating you'd have muslim communities sounding like pop corn.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
WE as in singular (USA) are not going to war. WE (USA) are playing a supporting role in a coalition action that is sanctioned, supported, and ratified by multiple international organizations that include the UN, NATO, and the Arab League. The US portion of the operation should be over within the next few days. France, the UK, Canada, Italy, and a few Middle Eastern countries have taken the initiative in this operation. This exact situation is the reason why organizations like NATO and the UN even exist. They gave Gaddafi ultimatums which he chose to ignore.

The US is finally taking action in an appropriate way with international approval and there are members here getting heated over it. The Libyan rebels have been pleading for assistance for the past month and they're finally getting in. The right way. This is not the 2003 invasion all over again. Everything was done right this time. We (a collective international federation of countries) are assisting a rebel movement to oust a dictator that has killed thousands of civilians in the weeks leading up to the operation.

Think of it this way, a hypothetical of course. Say there was a revolution or an uprising in your country of residence against your current form of government. The rebel faction in your country is fighting a David vs Goliath battle. That faction asks for assistance from outside sources to support the uprising. Would you be upset if aid came if you were in their situation??

Turning a blind eye to blatant tyranny and oppression just leads to more of the same. To answer your question, Why are we going to war with Libya?

We're going to war with Libya to assist an oppressed people in overthrowing a tyrannical dictator who would rather machine-gun protesters rather than listening to the voice of the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I am not saying C.S. is part of the NWO
Sorry, you're right, I should have specified. But I do think that somebody is paying him to prolong what is happening to him. I mean what's more distracting than a crack-addict celebrity who loses his child. It's just weird that he's the only thing I hear about oh so convienantly when all of this happens.

Anyway, back on topic: I agree with other people on here. The weird thing isn't the U.S. (I mean they've always been hypocritical and they've always never revealed their true agenda) but it's France. When I heard they were 'leading' I just sat there dumb-founded. When has France REALLY done anything since the Renaissance?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I see your point, but when has humanity (especially THAT part of humanity) ever done anything to satisfy somebody else's interests. I refuse to believe that the allies are not over there for their own personal agendas. I mean that never happens, even with smaller situations. Everybody is essentially selfish; especially when it comes to the world elite. Could they be interested in helping a nation crying out for help? Absolutely. Is something in it for them? Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

France has done loads recently mostly retreating but still theyve been consistent, With CS everyones invited this coverage in buying news papers to read on celebs, back in the good old days they were jesters and were killed if they didnt please now they are treated as gods and when they fall we all want a taste.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What a horribly backwards world we live in..and all we can do is discuss it on ATS? To be honest i cant see a way to break humanity free of this type of deception. It will all happen under our noses and in 12 months time we will be still in the same place discussing it on ATS. I just wish we could all awaken at once and remove these twats from power. But then how do we know that us rioting isn't also part of their plan? Uh.

ive had enough of this #e. 2012 comet might be just what the earth needs. I've made my peace with it if it does.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Well France hasn't really done anything productive. Nothing of this caliber in recent history, if I'm not mistaken. It's just weird. Why now? They've always hated Gadaffi though, right?
And okay. I see your point, but I still think it's a bit fishy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

the short man is up for re-election soon

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I feel the same way. Part of me believes that just spreading the word and discussing this stuff on ATS or anywhere is really all we can and SHOULD do. At least we know that SOME percent of humanity is informed. And as long as we can continue to look past the blinds they don't want us to see through then we'll always be one more person who wasn't manipulated by the system. And then there's the other part of me that wants to set up a giant protest (I don't believe in violence. I couldn't kill somebody, even David Rockefeller.) just to get the word out and tell the government that WE KNOW. And we're going to try to take everything from you. The only thing they have over us at the end of the day is our minds. If all of us could see that they are binding it, then maybe things could change. But humanity has always remained constant. I've really never witnessed or researched true change occuring. Especially since the world decided to believe in 'chaos creates evolution' but the choas constantly creates the same evolution; manipulation, destruction, and over all just a pile of debts. And if the system has changed, it will soon become just the same, if not worse, than the old one. But I refuse to say that there's nothing we can do. The most we can say now, however, is just influence others around us to see the truth. I can't believe how hard that is. I realize in my public schools that most of what we learn in history is a joke. It's such a suppressed version of what really happened. And then when I bring up what REALLY happened people turn to me and call me crazy. And it just makes me sad.

So, I see what you mean by saying that the world ending in 2012 would be a good thing. Change has never existed, so why keep going? That's what I'm saying with this whole libya thing. It's happened before a million times, just the players are now slightly different. Though the west contiunes to strive for what they always have; power and greed.

And then I look at what I just wrote and think to myself...who the hell really cares? At the end of the day, all we are is the human race. What's so special about that?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Citizens United vs FEC.

Your government can be flat out bought and paid for now with almost NO pretense.

They dont need to pretend as much. Plus, I think Wikileaks forced them to expedite plans they had hoped to unveil more slowly, and so its sloppy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think its time we split the world once more and remove developing nations from being able to purchase advanced technology and let them grow on their own

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Still after several months of being "awake" I'm starting to go round in circles. Why are our parents and grandparents generations so conformist? Why is it so hopelessly difficult to convey what is happening to people around us, our friends and family? How did they let the world get in this shape? Part of me is angry at their generation for allowing such things to happen, and for such people to have this much power.

But something is different this time. I think the internet is the wildcard. And i think people like us are the gamechanger. We are getting too smart to let these type of things happen anymore. Our fathers were simple minded and could have easily been mislead. Our generation wont be quite so easy to dupe.

But still I stand in the shower and soak in fluoride every morning before work and fail to do anything to stop it.

Is it better to be ignorant and happy? or awake and miserable?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I don't think it was our parents generation. They didn't help it at all, but humanity has never been in good shape. I don't think it's ever supposed to be. I agree about the internet, though, and I've contemplated the same thing. The internet is kind of like a balancing act. One part of it is another way to enslave us, this time to technology. It's also a way to implant more lies and manipulation into our brains, especially since our generation mostly uses it. It's a way to control our generation. And then there are sites like this that do the one thing that the government fears. This being said, I think it is far better to be aware and miserable. I've noticed that too, actually. Ever since I realized who all of the mass manipulators were and that everything you are told is a complete lie, I've felt like there is no where to run. It's all just a constant vicious cycle. But then, when I see everybody who doesn't know and is presented with the clear evidence and STILL turns their nose up at it, it kills me. I can't even imagine going back to being that ignorant.

I've heard little things about the fluoride but I've never really gotten the whole story on that. I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but do you care to explain that? I'm curious. Or point me to another thread that has discussed this?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join