It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Libya - Am I the only one thinking this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This whole Libyan situation stinks to high heaven.

At first when we (U.S.) were just advocating him not killing protestors, I was all for it. Now, it just feels like this thing has morphed into something entirely different. It doesn't feel like a protest situation anymore. It feels uncomfortably like the West has manufactured this whole scenario for it's own purposes. Since when does the President have the authority to wage war on another country without Congress' approval? There will be those who say that this is not war but, really, how can a thinking person say that bombing 10s of targets in a foreign country isn't WAR??

edit on 20/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes! At first I thought the U.S. for once was just practicing what they preach. But I think it just may be the military industrial complex wanting to make some money. Or even something else I don't know. But one things for sure things just don't feel right about the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Thanks.. at least I'm not the only one feeling this way. It's almost surreal... I feel like all the adults have disappeared.

What the hell happened?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

my feelings have been at parrallel with yours. This whole mideast things reeks of a psyop against us, from egypt to libya. as if our regime is so desperate that we are throwing haymakers one after the other hoping to knock out an opponent.

is the us economy so freakin bankrupt as to just go full bore all out on all front..OMG- its a blitzkreig-- i just got it.

we are so broke that either we destroy the world or the us corportate enterprise defaults. is china so desperate to get back the money we owe them that they don't care how we get it as long as we pay them back?

is russia just sitting back watching this, knowing that by the us getting stronger they get weaker?
the countries we are messing with have dealings with china and russia, so aren't we threatening there partners?

if russia threatens to intervene, the US is in serious trouble because they will follow it up with action pretty quickly. Or probably they are plotting striking first then making a statement. they are perfect chess masters. within hours we could go from attacking libya to defednding ourselves against russia. stop and consider the old saying "an enemies enemy are your friend".. north korea, iran, russia? those three could notice the us is stretched way thin, unaware of the grave danger they are in, and wammo!!! alot can change in 24 hrs.

how long would america last against russia's tougher troops than ours (soldier to soldier), north korea's tougher than our troops (soldier to soldier) and iran's russian nuke weapons tech (which is nasty stuff). those three alone, without any other help from cuba, venezuela, or other enemies we have made would wax our soldiers butts without a doubt.

Iran has to be fully tired of the zionist regime by now, knowing they will be next after libya.

i am so worrie that ww3 is about to start. if a russian

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Since when did a no fly zone include ground attacks on tanks? Has Libya got flying tanks? We should have not got involved in the issue on the pretense of him killing his own people, Congo had 7 million people killed by it's own government, I did not see any action against that, oh wait, Congo has hardly any oil reserves, silly me.

Thing is though, we were buying his oil anyway, so I cannot see what we can possibly achieve from this, does anybody know anything about who exactly these "rebels" are? From what I have seen, there is not particular structure to them.

Gaddafi has sought help from other Islamic nations now, you watch, this will unfold in to a complete mess, it will be troops on the ground soon. Sometimes I feel it's better the Devil you know, not all this upheaval for little or no gain.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Thanks.. at least I'm not the only one feeling this way. It's almost surreal... I feel like all the adults have disappeared.

What the hell happened?

you feel like all the adults have disappeared ?

how old are you ??

Concerning Libya... the USA wanted this invasion even before 9/11
the Arab league wanted a no fly zone .. they got bombs and missiles instead
since 9/11 everything .. everymove IS a chess move .. until check mate

whos the biggest liar now .. Gadhafi or the coalition against him ?
now Russia and the arab league is angry .. because they didnt want an invasion ... only a no fly zone

something is up .. they wouldnt waste that much for nothing
and ithough that Israel wanted Gadhafi to stay in power at all cost

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
New here, so first off hello! Libya IMO is just a smoke screen for a bigger end to a means. The rats in DC are taking a lot off heat as are other Governmets of the western nations. For mismanagement of just about everything! I believe we all know who pulls the strings on western global leaders. I only wonder why France of all Countries desided to lead the way on this "police action". Nothing is ever as it seems and if there is war (which seems to be the case) you know darn well someone will make a buck. And the Soldiers and Marines will pay the price.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

DAY OF PURIM!!!!! PLEASE WAKE UP!!!!

YOU ARE THE PROPERTY of the Zionists-the synagogue of SATAN!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Op, I agree with your thoughts, but the U.N. has used this tactic since Korea- then onto Vietnam- then onto Iraq, then onto Afganistan- no we are at our present time frame. You still do not see the direct correlation between Lybia and the U.S-U.N

I saw this coming, although the msn pulled this one off like an adult lying about Santa Clause to its child this time around

America is in exact unisom of its late brethren Rome

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

allprowolfy. Interesting insite! Histrory repeating it self! I have always thought this! We are just like old Rome in it's last days.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What the hell happened?

It took me a long time to come to terms with 9/11 and longer still to find out how and why. At the bottom of the rabbit hole I found the Monarch Program, this does help explain why there is so much wrong. For a while I was unsure about Libya with such an intense media blackout, but little by little things did leak through. With the latest report that 1 million guns where handed out it fully confirms where the support from the people is. The UN has no right to intervene in this way, this is war under the sly tactic of a humanitarian flag. It is not just Iran concerned by these developments, but Saudi Arabia as well. As for Russia, China and the others it is too hard to say from here. Maybe they got pressured to vote for it at the UN, maybe they will just wait until America becomes weaker from the fight before stepping in, maybe they have their own reasons or just got sucked in like the majority of the population from watching to much tv.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Yes! At first I thought the U.S. for once was just practicing what they preach. But I think it just may be the military industrial complex wanting to make some money. Or even something else I don't know. But one things for sure things just don't feel right about the whole thing.

hey...if you haven't noticed...america is a war country. christ, we even have a TV channel called the "military channel" we love war, we breath war, we are now actively waring in 3 countries all at one time. don't tell me you buy this crap about america being a peace-loving country?...having said that, 99% of the regular american population want peace, but the 1% who decides this have all the wealth and power. by the way...we are not the only country that thinks like this, we are just the global policeman of this particular historic time frame.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
It feels uncomfortably like the West has manufactured this whole scenario for it's own purposes.

Are you just figurin that out now? I mean Iraq, Afghanistan and all the other manufactured scenarios going back several decades haven't shown you anything and you're still getting sucked in by all their phony hype? I mean no offence to this discussion forum but the vast majority of the posters on ATS seem to be groping around in the same establishment induced trance that you’re just coming out of.

They should change the name of this forum from ATS (Above Top Secret) to UES (Under Establishment Influence).

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Maybe I'm incorrect but the reports I was hearing were that France and Britain were the ones who were first itching to go into Libya with guns blazing, not the U.S.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Where in my post did I say I thought the u.s. is a peace loving country? No, I don't think that, look at this chart and tell me if you think were a peace loving country.

edit on 20-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

OMG, you're right. Why is Congress not screaming bloody murder? (oh what a horrible, accidental pun.) Who re-wrote the definition of fundamental acts which constitute war against another? Whoever wrote this story, it's playing out like a stupid, predictable B movie. Only, it's real. (At least they tell us it is. Who knows... )
Well, who knows anything really, except what we're privy to.

But you're right, in my opinion. He is sending people to a battle. To say it's 'reinforcing a no-fly zone' is semantics-- simple word play-- when it still results in soldiers dropping bombs out of fighter jets. The UN gave its blessing. Did our Congress?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
America is in exact unisom of its late brethren Rome

Sadly, I'm afraid you might be right.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
The UN gave its blessing. Did our Congress?

To be brutally honest, I could not care less if the UN gave it's blessing or not. Congress on the other MUST in order for this to be legal - and they haven't. Therefore...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I agree with you OP. We even have the UAE sending planes toward Libya now, and the UAE, along with Saudi Arabia, sent troops into Bahrain to quash protests there.

There is more going on here than just establishing a no-fly zone over Libya, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
lots of weapons are about to expire , they need to be used as soon as possible , and of course other countries will pay the bill

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join