It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Libya - Am I the only one thinking this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by destroydemonocracyx21

we've always been human expect nothing less and you wont be disappointed and we always will be

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Exactly, i guess all we can do is chip away. But who's to say that the alternative will be better than what we have now. As long as there are humans, there will always be greed.

(I live in Tasmania in Australia, and our water supply has been heavily fluoridated since the 1950's. It was put there originally under the pretense that it was good for our teeth, but recent studies have shown that fluoride is a carcinogen and the list of long term damages are endless including lowering IQ, speeding up the ageing process, killing the pineal gland (which is the gland which is also refered to as our 3rd eye). The fluoride is a by-product of the fertilizer industry and saves the government millions in disposal costs as this is a deadly toxin.

This is relevant to this thread as it is how TPTB keep us under control. This isn't a conspiracy theory. This is real in my town. MY girlfriends mother died of unknown cancer. As have some of my friends. A recenmt study has sown that boiling tap water doesnt remove the fluoride either, it concentrates it, so coffee is a killer.

I have recently been making dvd's about this in my town and plan to drop one in everyones letter box.

Sorry i havent read any good fluoride threads on ATS. Here's part one of the vid on youtube that ill be delivering to every house in Tasmania.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry this was so off topic, but it all ties in to the greater deception..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Oh wow. I was completely unaware of that. Thank you. Jesus, what is right? I was always told that fluoride was a good thing! Then again, I was told a lot of things were good things so people could make/save money, so never mind that makes sense

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'd almost prefer not knowing, it ruins every bloody shower!! And thats almost worth rioting over

Does anyone know where the reset button is? IS there a hole in earth that we can stick a mega huge pen into?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My thoughts?

We are watching the creation of a puppet democracy; another nation where corporate/global-ism can bankroll candidate A and candidate B... giving the masses a choice between one of two NWO overlords. Another nation soon to be run by corporately funded lobbying and campaign finance. All in the name of "liberation" and "democracy". Another nation soon to watch its resources exploited for globalist bottom lines.

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I just did some research and here in NJ they don't put fluoride in the water, so my sympathies to you.

The only chance for a reset button we have is a revolution, which usually leads to even worse things (perfect example: Libya!)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by new_here
The UN gave its blessing. Did our Congress?

To be brutally honest, I could not care less if the UN gave it's blessing or not. Congress on the other MUST in order for this to be legal - and they haven't. Therefore...

I'm pretty sure I learned in government class that a law put on the books in the 70's allows the president to authorize a military engagement for up to 10 or 14 days (something like that) without calling it war, thus circumventing the constitutional need for congressional approval. While we've been looking the other way (of course at that time I had yet to be born.) our government has been neutering our constitution piece by piece.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its okay UK /european new typhoon aircraft in italy being deployed,anyone wanting to buy one can now get the records of their affectivness via libya BS.
Russia,china ,india, anybody want one,their cool,look at this .....yeahooo,just to remind everybody !

I want one ,yahooooo !
Joking,gringo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I have a better Idea. What if we wrote a new constitution. Then had it ratifide by a 3/4's vote in all the states. We could legally do this because of our right to amend the constitution by a direct democratic vote. We amend it by replacing it, thereby chartering a completely new government. All current officials would be stripped of any legitimate power they have (of course the executive branch would still maintain a great degree of defacto power, in other words might is right). And we would have to re-elect, and reconstruct a government from the ground up according to the rules set forth in our newly rattified (please forgive my spelling, I've always had a weakness for it) constitution.

Of course, this would effectively be a declaration of war against the existing government. Legally they should be expected to hand over power without complaint. However, this would almost certainly not be the case. They might not try to stop us from doing the paperwork, but I think they would respond with force to any attempt to actually form this new government. There is a bright side to this however. I think this show of force would be a clear, and undeniable overstepping of their bounds. The puplic would no longer be able to content themselves with waiting for someone else to fix it, and would have to face the fact that their goverment is breaking it's contract... and they would have to retaliate.

Or at least one can hope.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, this country makes money off war and the UN does too, they all jumped in to help and capitalize, anytime this happens, it fuels the economy, inputs democracy in an area as well as embassies, our country is getting a bad rep. for these efforts and it could eventually lead our homeland to become a target.... LordofHades

LordofHades www.wix.com... New site is up! @LordofHades (twitter)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Let me state that I do not support killing human or animals.

However having said this Gadaffi stated quite publicly that he would show the rebels no mercy. Personally I think someone had to step up even if the whole thing has been machinized to get control of a resource.

If the UN had not stepped in he would have happily massacred all those people and those with the power to do something would have been guilty as such. Ie Looking the other way when the massacres happened in Germany. Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Maybe thats our way out of this? We demand a government kill switch. When a petition is signed by a certain percentage of the people we have the right to dismantle the government from the inside out. We always see the government writing laws to suit an agenda. How bout we write a new amendment? Not limited to government entities but also private corporations. Bout time the people realised the world is theirs.

Once the people initiate the gov kill switch, a random group of people will be assembled for the people and by the people, to rectify any issues between the people and the government. Full power should be given to this body to redistribute wealth and profits from an entire corporation if found to be breaking any code of ethics. This is the only way the people can regain the control of a nation. Instead of being talked down to by pig polititians they would instead talk to us with fear and respect.

Humans safeguarding humans. This would potentially rid the world of corruption from the inside out. They say im a dreamer, but im not....the only one.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Finally someone with some sense!
This thing got pretty ugly in a few short weeks.
What's next? Some kind of invasion? I guarantee that american ground operations in Libya have a big red BLACK-OP stamp on it!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
are they calling this a "police action"? like vietnam? an undeclared war? how convenient. i'm curious is this the hope or the change part?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How in the hell could it stink more than the 8+ years in both Iraq and Afghanistan?

Nothing stinks worse than over 100,000 civilian deaths based on a hunch...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately the presidet does have the authority to do so. Prior to the invasion he called for a state of emergency over Libya, giving him authority to use the U.S military for 90 days without congress approval(please correct me if I am wrong).
Trust me, there are alot of us here that believe this situation smells of corruption, just like you.
Obama declares a national state of emergency over Libya - ATS article
Obama declares a national state of emergency over Libya - News article

"I have determined that the actions of Colonel Muammar Qaddafi, his government, and close associates, including extreme measures against the people of Libya, constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. The order declares a national emergency to deal with this threat," Obama wrote in the letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).

edit on 21-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Just wanted to let you know Russia and China along with a few others abstained...meaning they neither supported nor blocked it they just didn't vote in all reality. And China is head of the UN security counsel right now you'd think they'd have an opinion. Like I heard in another thread maybe they just want they're money from us so they're gonna sit back and let us get it. Russia however I'd think would be threatened cause as we get stronger in places like this they get weaker and these have been Russian strongholds for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mizd18

Damn.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There is something else...what do you think would happen if the West decides to go in with Ground Troops? The Arab Nations won´t be too happy about this,neither would China and Russia. This could lead to them cutting us off from their Oil...

Now,America has apparently alot of Oil under their Feet right? And i doubt all those Gas Wells in the US are just to get Gas out of the Ground...

Think about it,with America (which is on the Brink of Collapse right now btw) dragging the rest of the World into a War with the Arab/African Countrys,they could profit immensly: War and the selling of Oil...

China and Russia could be a Problem though (with Russia beeing a huge Oil and Gas Exporter)...but doesn´t really matter if they decide to join in on the War on Lybia...why do you think the US is desperatly trying to give the Leadership of this Operation to the NATO?

Edit: Just for clarification: If the NATO is deciding to lead this Operation,Germany would have to join in,no excuses.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Maybe I'm incorrect but the reports I was hearing were that France and Britain were the ones who were first itching to go into Libya with guns blazing, not the U.S.....

this is entirely correct. As for this being a US lead mission, that's just not the case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join