It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Perhaps the Chinese satellites, Fengyun 1 C DEB’s are creating magnetic disruptions. I incorporate the AGI software in Goggle Earth. You can turn it off and on by going to the places tab.

“This KML network link visualizes all earth orbiting objects tracked by the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) using the satellite database processed by Analytical Graphics, Inc. www.agi.com
using the Dynamic Geometry Library. All satellites are tracked in real-time and updated every 30 seconds.”
Currently, there are 8 of these satellites above the Eastern US alone.

If anyone in the world that is currently beneath a Fengyun 1C DEB, check you compass and see if it is misreading mag. North.

link   
I checked three times today on my droid compass before posting, and all three times north has varied about 1-3 degrees to the east or west of due north, so I will chalk that up to it being a phone app compass. There have been times over the last 3 months though that I have checked my compass and north was actually pointing to slightly east of north, about a 5 degree shift. Also, off topic but not sure of the relevance, there have been many times during the winter months when I have spotted huge flocks of migrating canadian geese flying towards the northeast into the horrendous winter conditions that had been occuring. Just thought I would include that information for what it's worth.

link   

Originally posted by Straynger

I traveled to a nearby high school field to get accurate readings earlier, numbers were adjusted for 11"6'W declination. I was a waterman on the Chesapeake for over 10 years and I have been using the same Waltham SOG lensatic compass for over 20 without fail.

The fact is I got a reading of 29.5" off kilter, plus or minus .5, eyes arent what the used to be.

Im not saying the pole shifted or even moved more than normal, just that something WAS funky this morning and you have some reliable readings from Baltimore now for your map.

Thank you for the educated reading. Mine is reading almost identical to yours in northern PA.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mr. toddly

Nah, I'm getting reports from Denmark, Germany and UK areas that are off the same amount. Added a blue and green line for Europe. Need some reports from Africa (like that's likely right now) and the Asian area. Two reports, one from India, one from Oz. Both report normal there.

Several in the UK, east, report normal. West is off. Denmark, northern point is off.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic
I'm geting a weird reading on my thermometer, it says humidity is 33% PSI.

I am an expert on everything, and based on my expert experience, this simply due to surrounding neutrinos passing through the tachyon field. If you don't understand this, that's because you're a non-expert. I suggest you guys study more cutting edge sciency stuff like algebraic vulcanology, which I am an expert on.

Before you make claims, do the proper geolo-algebraic computations. You'll find out that this is nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of pseudo-intellectuals on ATS pretend they know how to calculate the eigenvecting-integro-phase graphs we experts use on a daily basis. I've studied this phenomenon for 10 years and I know what I'm talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm busy terrorizing my PhD students.

The fact that you had to state what you are brings red flags to mind. Geology is not an "exact science" being that there are soooo many unstable variables to consider. You sir to me are suspect and marked as a "simpleton" with that type of response.

Tell us another one around bedtime will you dude?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article about this subject....www.compassdude.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Originally posted by Gab1159

Originally posted by cushycrux
The whole idea is rubbish. Without (relative) stable poles we would be roasted by the sun wind within seconds. And as you can see here, all is normal.

Source:
www2.nict.go.jp...

Phages very nice Explanation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How can so much people believe such things?! Remembers me to the "Australia is out of place" Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please people, try to think. I see far too much absolute silly stuff on ATS.
edit on 20-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

Hmmm, look at the date it was posted. It was normal back then, but seeing no updates have been posted since a week or so is NOT normal for this website. It stopped updating on March 14th.

I wonder why...

While this Domain ends with JP, - what happened again at that time? Just forgot the quake? LOL

No, I knew someone would bring that up. The quake occurred on the 10th of March, this website stopped updating its data on the 14th of March. I don't believe the quake damaged the host. And even if it did, this website is automatically updated by online and automation systems, no need of manual intervention.

+

You can't try to debunk this present issue with outdated data. It's just illogical.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

Can we also mention the location when we provide a reading? Just an approximation, at least the state/country so we can preserve our privacy. I tested my N-S reading several times today, all good here.Located in the South-West of England at the moment.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey look call me crazy - I don't know anything about the poles etc apart from the very minimum. I also always learned that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. When we came to live in NZ from UK I half expected it to be the other way around lol lol that's how much I know.
Now he is my worry - I got up this morning and the east is a bit cloudy with patches of blue where the sun normally is and I looked to the west and found sunshine coming from behind the cloudes lighting up all the edges of the clouds.
Please someone tell me I am Mad afterall.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

i like your post - it is scientifically erudite.

just as sun spots are reflective of "gravity quakes/ disturbances" so too our earthquakes a

reflection of any disturbances in the gravity field induced by the spinning ferromagnetic molten iron core.

I will try to live up to your standards with a nice magnetometer reading or 2, but am only

a lowly neuroradiologist who works with high field strength magnets, and not used to the very low field

of the earth! (nor all the variables i should be accounting for - but hey, if the comparison to older

strip recordings looks significantly different, then mad dog hunter from PA (where I grew up!) may be

right on).

edit on 3/20/2011 by drphilxr because: more intelligible

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am an expert on everything, and based on my expert experience, this simply due to surrounding neutrinos passing through the tachyon field. If you don't understand this, that's because you're a non-expert. I suggest you guys study more cutting edge sciency stuff like algebraic vulcanology, which I am an expert on.

Before you make claims, do the proper geolo-algebraic computations. You'll find out that this is nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of pseudo-intellectuals on ATS pretend they know how to calculate the eigenvecting-integro-phase graphs we experts use on a daily basis. I've studied this phenomenon for 10 years and I know what I'm talking about.

Wow man. Lay off the ego. You're not an expert on everything, this kind of post suggests me you're either a wanna-be or a troll. Talking about pseudo-intellectual...

Nice ego man!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
Just for fun i made a compass out of a needle and cork like the video and it matches up to my compass perfectly. Both facing north . I'm in Nebraska.

sry but when was your last North reading before this one?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Ummm.......My Lensatic compass (pin-mount), my survival knife with the compass in the hilt (mineral oil filled pin-mount) and my i-4 iphone all read 13 degrees north "west" magnetic of "true north", or at least the "true" north on my i-4, iphone. The app that comes with the phone allowes you to switch from magnetic to true north which is a gps based triangulated feature as opposed to a magnetic north reading.

location.....northwest, upstate New York.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

Please pay no mind to the pseudo-intellectuals trying to derail this thread!

So the people who think that the North Magnetic pole has shifted to the North Atlantic are "intellectuals"?

How so?

The OP posted a link to a NASA article that details how the pole is shifting to Siberia. That would make North American compasses point Northwest to West. The OP still maintains it is shifting Northeast to East though.

So your lead "intellectual", the OP, cannot even remain consistent.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am glad that some members have taken the time to explain things regarding declination etc. Yes, we geographic north and magnetic north. Two north poles.

I have always like this site for explaining the mysteries of the compass and how to properly use one.

www.compassdude.com...

Anyone who has done a little backpacking and navigating with topo map and compass will understand what is going on.. I would not rely on an I phone App. for navigating purposes!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

The fact that you had to state what you are brings red flags to mind. Geology is not an "exact science" being that there are soooo many unstable variables to consider. You sir to me are suspect and marked as a "simpleton" with that type of response.

Tell us another one around bedtime will you dude?

I hope you were joking. That guy posted a load of gobbledigook as a joke. I hope you didn't just take him seriously! Please let me know if you did though. I need a good ROFL.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I live in Ireland and have a good accurate hiking compass. I can't believe it, It's definitely changed - magnetic North that is. Its now reading about 40 degrees off and thats no exaggeration. Magnetic North has know taken on a very noticeable shift to the West. Magnetic North according to my compass is now pointing to the physical North west, about 5 degrees shy of it actually. Quite shocked actually

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

LOL....I just posted that link too.....from everything I have read so far, this kind of thing happens from time to time.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To me happened the opposite.
I had 20-30 degree off last night and today it shifted to normal.
Together with the mixed reportings this looks like there are lots
of strong local magnetic anomalies.

Originally posted by darrman

i checked when i first read this thread, and posted.. "i found no difference here near seattle..
but to my suprise and ALARM. right now the same compass if off by 30 deg from north..

what would change magnetic north over the course of a few hours ???

why did i get a "normal" reading this morning???

wacky!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well, if you knew anything at all about modern aircraft (obviously you don't, among other topics), you would know that most use digital compasses now, which are constantly updated and reconfigured from satellite and ground facilities. Sure, some use magnetic compasses too. But modern craft also use the digital variety. Ya think maybe thats why a fluctuation in earths magnetic poles/field doesn't wreck modern aircraft? Yup, I believe thats the reason.

Not all craft have digital compasses.

So again I ask, where are all the reports of a sudden rash of missing planes?
Missing hikers?
Missing boats?

What does this mean? That you're a troll trying to railroad a legit thread. Go back under your bridge troll, we have real research to discuss here.

No, it means that you don't want to admit that you are wrong.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Byteman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join