It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geiger Counter readings - Updated: Radioactive fallout wave travelling across U.S?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes. The readings in Texas are rather high too, close to 100. But it just got high just south of the interior of BC, and I wish we had a monitor system like this across Canada.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Yes. The readings in Texas are rather high too, close to 100. But it just got high just south of the interior of BC, and I wish we had a monitor system like this across Canada.

You Canucks are always jealous of the Americans.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Not generally acutally, LOL. Just blame the leaders not the people for the unsettling differences.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks to the two posters who took the time to let me know what "LDS" meant.
I wish we had a few here for neighbours so we could keep an eye on them. Maybe even tag along when they go on an extended shopping trip.
Those "waves" of possible radiation on that one map are quite worrisome to look at....perhaps better than a solid non stopping wall.
Either way not good In our opinion. This thread is great for a lot of information we would never have obtained from our local news sources.
Thanks to all here.
Regards, iwinder and wife ( YogaGinns )

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.irsn.fr...

Just for an indication that this will encompass the world. This and whatever background glows started just prior to Japan that is. In addition, its still spewing out this deadly rads and the situation is not under control.

We could far greater readings. But this is all adding up by the minute, the day, the week, and with time, year after year with re-disbursement of the particles which will become a part of our soil and ecosystem.

So, what we're doing here is what the Gov should be doing, basic preliminary precautions. ie stay inside and wash up. Its some protection, just not enough.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
to find out a good source of radiation to test radiation meters I would recommend putting the meter near a smoke alarm in your house. Many smoke alarms now days use radioactive material to find smoke in the air in your home. Hold the meter up close and it should be much more stronger than if you went into your back yard.

And yes it is ironic that most households have a source of radiation that is constantly radiating families 24/7 in order to alarm in the case of a house fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Sorry but I thought I was the only ignorant one here, so i did a quick goggle, before posting on them having internet access in their bunkers. I'd heard the term but couldn't rember what it meant, but I assumed everyone else knew.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
To MuzzleFlash..........is there anyway to look back say 4 weeks or so on those maps you posted and see what sites are under review and what the readings are?
just wondering ..........hoping actually that it is a fluke but my gut tells me it is real.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 19-3-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Amarillo reading is at 325 now.

Crazy....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
To MuzzleFlash..........is there anyway to look back say 4 weeks or so on those maps you posted and see what sites are under review and what the readings are?
just wondering ..........hoping actually that it is a fluke but my gut tells me it is real.
Regards, Iwinder

I have no idea, I just found this site today.

I have been looking through all of the places giving readings, and the only places that are "hot" are in a straight north to south line (give or take a little).

This honestly looks like the first "wave" of the fallout.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
let me know when the counts per minute hit 3000 then i will worry.

most people have know idea how to use a Geiger Counter to check for radiation.

you can get up to 240 counts per minute just by taking your reading next to a granite counter top.

concrete walls or slabs if made with granite agragate can also read high.

you also can get very high reading from smoke detectors with some Geiger counters

all readings of background radiation should be done in the open and from the same point every time.

I use to prospect for uranium back in the 1970s.

The highest reading i ever got in a home was a old grandfather clock.

The clock face was over 1000 counts per minutes.

But it was over 3000 counts per minutes down near the base of the clock.

When we opened the grandfather clock up we found a tiny bottle of radium 226 paint for repainting the clock hands.
Other people have found the same thing in old clocks.
www.scienceforums.net...

NCRP Report 56 indicated that the estimated average dose equivalent to the gonads of an individual wearing a radium-containing watch was approximately 3 mrem per year. The estimated dose from a watch containing 4.5 uCi of radium, a very large amount, would be 310 mrem per year to the gonads.

Even today, tritium (H-3) and promethium-147 (Pm-147) are used on instrument dials and gun sights.
both will show a high counts per minute.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If we ignore the disinfo in this article about the amount of radiation which I know is significantly higher, this more or less tells us this cloud already blanketed North America and where it is now, according to estimations in France and the meterology service:

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

"As of yesterday, the cloud covered most of North America and northeastern Siberia. It is currently passing over the North Atlantic," it said, naming French terroritories in the Caribbean and off Canada's eastern coast.
The cloud has been progressively thinning as it heads eastwards around the northern hemisphere at high altitude and will reach mainland Europe on Wednesday or Thursday, it said, citing a computer model jointly compiled with the French weather service, Meteo France.

So its passing over the NorthAtlantic and also Canada's east coast. They gave a date that was far too late, Friday, when Wednesday during a downpour in the car, i smelt this odd heavy, pool smell, like chlorine.

When I think of everyone going about their business, shopping, kids with sleepovers. Its spring break here. I am appalled at the Leaders. Shame on them they are heartless juvenile delinquents.

Must have been quite radiactive despite their nonsense because the stuff that fell out and got caught up in our weather systems is blowing all over the place and its giving danger ratings.

Boy that cloud was de bomb! Huge radiation. Yeah, reactor 3, the mushroom.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It looks like the EPA is ignoring this. According to muzz's findings I believe there is a radiation wave passing over the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

There is fallout. And significant fallout, which is caugth up in our systems, that makes the huge cloud very radioactive because the readings have been quite high.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

No. Looks pretty normal.

Colorado Springs:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4c6f41677ba.png[/atsimg]

Billings:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caba7acd4901.png[/atsimg]

Just to be sure, Amarillo from 2009:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18f9cd3eede2.png[/atsimg]

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

edit on 3/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Phage, I'm having difficulty reading the graphs. Is that CPM data or a different meassurement? Because I'm seeing conflicting data between Muzz's pictures and yours.
edit on 19-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A few questions if you don't mind. Since I only know small amounts about this.

#1 = How did you create those charts? Your link gave me a set of options, and I cannot seem to create a chart like that.

#2 = Are you saying that Amarillo is constantly having really high radiation meters? I mean I have visited there before and knew they were kinda weird but I didn't know they were "hot" lol...

Any clarification to calm us down is accepted and appreciated but it has to make sense and match up.

If you are sure that my random sample of readings is not a fallout cloud - than you gotta admit it's quite the coincidence that the only hot counters on the whole USA are in a straight north to south line.

Also do you think a fallout cloud will hit North America or are you saying it will be undetectable or something? Because I am like 100% certain fallout will occur and will be detectable through the use of radiation detection equipment.
edit on 19-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe the radiation is just normal? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't know if you read the whole thread or not, but earlier I asked posters to include the cliff notes for us non scientific people here. The reason I asked is because no matter if your a scientist or a laymen (Like me) its all still important to everyone on this thread and this planet.

I cannot make heads or tails out of those graphs and the site you linked does not like my computer at all.
I appreciate the information but I don't know what the hell it is.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Portland levels... interesting?

www.epa.gov...

These levels are thousands of times below any conservative level of concern.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join