It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geiger Counter readings - Updated: Radioactive fallout wave travelling across U.S?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by condition9

It doesn't. That's just the regular radiation we live with every day. The stuff coming from the sky above our heads and the rocks under our feet. They're all radioactive to varying degrees... Hell, bananas are radioactive...

Have you checked to see if any of those spikes before or after correlate with any solar flares or CME'S? It's worth a look. That could be where the natural spikes are coming from.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Japanese Newspaper Story

Japanse media saying that radioactive material was brought over on the jet stream and it has been confirmed by detecters in the nuclear stations.
This is one of Japans 3 major newspapers... so this is MSM report.

Here is a translation by my girlfriend:
"U.S. media reported that radiation particles from Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan were detected on East Cost of America, North Carolina and Florida on 26th of March. It took about a week since the first detection in California on the 18th. The radioactive material are thought to be brought by Jet Stream.

An environmental protecting organization first obtained information that the radiation monitoring facility of a nuclear power plant in the U.S. detected radioactive materials and reported to media. U.S. media confirmed the detection of radioactive materials with the power company: the power plant’s monitoring equipment is much sensitive than regular equipment. However, EPA which controls all of monitoring facilities in the U.S. has not announced the reach of radioactive materials yet."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Is this a normal level for Harrisonburg, VA. ?

Monitor Information: Fixed Monitor Location: VA: HARRISONBURG
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/29/2011 11:22:22 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/29/2011 12:22:29 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 135
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 2181
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1650
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 495
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 317
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 160
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 201
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 122
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 58
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 62

edit on 29-3-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You aren't crazy
. My detector has seen a few big spikes that matched readings from 2 other geiger counters in Southern California and the same spikes showed up in Arizona within 12 hours of mine.

my online geiger counter

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

levels are one thing, and yes, I think they are low but how about the cumulative effect? Will our background radiation levels rise, and if so for how long?

Right now, I'm far more interested in how the plumes move and spread gamma producing particles. We need more historical location based data.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XPLodER

Fallout from Chernobyl made it all over the planet. But not at dangerous levels.
Nor has the Japanese situation gotten anywhere close to the emissions of Chernobyl.

Oh yes there were dangerous levels maybe not all over the planet but hell yes untold thousands died and who is to say when somebody in any country gets cancer it was not from Chernobyl?
The Japanese situation has not gotten anywhere close to the emissions of Chernobyl.........Yet and I mean Yet this is what this thread is all about.
You yourself called it a crisis in an earlier post, so lets keep on track here and not suggest this is a minor incident.
Because we all know its bad now, the question is how bad is it going to get, because I sure do not see a parade scheduled to celebrate the shut down of 4 maybe 6 possible melt down reactors.
Regards, Iwinder
Phage I enjoy your input in every thread I read but this time I think you are borderline casual to say the least.

Interesting times and interesting to go back almost a month in time reading this thread.
Well they are at a level 7 now in Japan and according to that this is as bad as it gets.
Now today they are saying it will take 9 months to shut these bloody reactors down.
Good times ahead for us all here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JRCrowley

It was not at dangerous levels "all over the world". Of course fallout occurred at dangerous levels within about 1,000 miles of Chernobyl. It occurred at levels of concern further than that. But not in New Zealand, which was the point of the post I was replying to. And not in the US. And not at distances of 5,000 miles.

edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well it sure looks like it is here now and here to stay and here to come around the globe and do it again.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 17-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join