It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

We dont give a fig for the Libyans either. There are lots of places in the world with violence being perpetrated on innocents by their leadership where we and other nations do nothing.

don't use the word we - you don't speak for everyone

blood for oil has become a mindless, nattering mantra

think Illusions - look at what is directly in front of you - now

don't let your cynicism blind you - occasionally the world gets one right - had it only happened sooner in other conflicts we wouldn't have to argue about how much we don't care afterward

would you be willing to risk that Qaddafi won't sacrifice his own people just for the sake of screwing the TPTB out of their beloved oil?

you think the claims about him are trumped up?

read - go ahead - read

he's as bad as it gets

what happens to Libya after this is anyone's guess - and it's going to be a freaking mess

but right now - as it happens - that's not the problem - the problem is preventing genocide

you only get now once

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah...also interesting how they kinda snuck in on the action through the UN backdoor...goddamn crooks...all of em
edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by blackcat99

If Iran DOESNT jump in, they will be soon. The only chance those nations have/had was to fight as a group. What is happening is they are being picked off one by one, while the others watch and squirm. United you stand, divided you get raped by the west.

link   
"Biggest invasion since Iraq and allowed to use force"
not looking good...

I also find it funny that Libya is the biggest oil risk since Iraq as well
edit on 19-3-2011 by unknOWNmirAGE because: oops

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Right we really give a crap about genocide..... Are we bombing the # out of isreal next then?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i really want to tell Cameron what the British people really think of his endless comments especially when he says that we all need to think about our British service men and women who are putting there lives at risk to save others - but the others aren't British people, they are yet again a foreign country

Sorry if that sounds harsh but our air force is for defending the UK, not to use in endless other wars in far off countries ...

And just has he said that we have news about a young Private that has just passed away after being injured in Afghanistan - this is all completely wrong -

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Pentagon official says U.S. in command and control of operation now, will handover control to coalition forces in coming days
about 1 hour ago via breakingnews.com

Of course we will hand over control. We will just run things from behind the curtain.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Some photos of the first attacks, www.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I wonder if that is why there are reports that Iranian TV has been jammed - from earlier posts on here

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
i really want to tell Cameron what the British people really think of his endless comments especially when he says that we all need to think about our British service men and women who are putting there lives at risk to save others - but the others aren't British people, they are yet again a foreign country

Sorry if that sounds harsh but our air force is for defending the UK, not to use in endless other wars in far off countries ...

And just has he said that we have news about a young Private that has just passed away after being injured in Afghanistan - this is all completely wrong -

Unfortunately war is never good, and not all British people follow your view that this is wrong, so please dont speak for the masses.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbpdfsu
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

yea, how did you know, I joined just to attack you?......dont get all paranoid, I just find it funny that you believe every war the U.S. has been in was over oil....Korean war, vietnam,afghanistan, our civil war, the cold war,.there are others, Oil is not the only reason we go to war...try to google something like " U.S. wars not about oil " , there are plenty of cases that can be made

www.globalresearch.ca...
siberianlight.net...

Oil is not the only reason we go to war

Your right oil isnt the only reason, but its the first thing in Libya why are there no actions taken in Yemen then?
or Bahrain then? i guess the Saudi kingdom has the right to send in forces in killing innocent civilians because they are allies to the united states thus there is no reason to take any military action agaisnt the Saudis or Yemen for that matter.

The reason the usa and her Nazis allies are in Libya is because of Oil, and tell me what was the war about Iraq? The evil buggy men saddam or Oil?

afghanistan

Ya yes afghanistan where is bin laden? his he still hiding in his caves somewhere? nope he died the reason Americans
are still in afghanistan is because of minerals by the way have you heard the news?

www.nytimes.com...

I guess your also proud of how america and NATO are encircling russia

siberianlight.net...

America has around 900 bases around the world yet i wonder how many does russia or china have?

Why were the americans and NATO helping the KLA in kovoso during the Balkan wars? they were further stopping any movements by the russians in the east.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Russia 'regrets' international military action in Libya

wireupdate.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

that's a crippled argument - you can do better

if every time there's a problem in the world you want to claim it's because 'we' don't care, then who is to blame?

like it or not, we are the powers that be - you can either step up or you can whine about what happens when it's over

if what was feared might happen was allowed to happen - then what would your argument be?

we did nothing - as usual?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ha...never thought of it like that...was wondering all this time what TPTB were up to in North Africa...that makes perfect sense...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Another photo - USS Perble

wireupdate.com...

link   
I have not made my mind about this conflict yet, but there's something i don't understand: how can a person be so cold-blooded to a point that hundreds of people are dieing because of you and you still won't give up power.

And there's the other side too. The "not so good at all" countries that are on this coalition. I'm not sure about their intentions.

link   
I would also like to add, this is NOT the start of World War 3, and it would be a very good idea if people wouldn't keep saying this, its just fear mongering, if you insist that this is the start of World War 3 then please post some concrete evidence to back it up, and when i say hard evidence i expect some thread from atleast a country on par with Iran, not some third world country that uses rocket mounted camels as tanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by
Spiramirabilis

Im sure you believe that Spiramirabilis.

But Im not chanting mindlessly. I have looked at whats in front of me. I have just come to a different conclusion.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

We have done nothing about the on-going crisis in Yemen and Bahrain. These are simultaneous events. No one cares because you are not being told to care by media. 50 people gunned down by snipers, my god what a travesty and yet barely a peep from concerned western powers. Put two and two together.

link   
20th march was the date for the 2nd gulf war.

what the hells going on the party has started early this year!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join