It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

It could be. fear-mongering? The fear mongers are the allied delegates at the UN. UN sanction of interference in domestic conflicts is a serious matter and usually leads to poor consequences, the Korea's are still a divided nation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Ok, maybe not World War 3, but could it be? You're telling me whats been going on over there and who's involved doesn't concern you? Or the attack on Israel? Pretty hectic and better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wasn't the whole 'get rid of the mad dictator' reason for Saddam too? Now that he's long dead and buried, the country is still occupied by the most part with a puppet government in control. I suspect in another decade Libya will too still be occupied, although not under the same caliber.

History is repeating itself, friends.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The way history has played out, is it's a big game of Monopoly, and resources are the reason. Let them fight their own war. The United States is too busy playing world police instead of taking care of its own country. I wonder why that is, considering we are in substantial debt and have horrible unemployment rates. Makes sense war is the only answer apparently since it brings in jobs.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

it's not what I believe Illusions - it's what I know

there's a difference

it's not a conclusion

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by Itop1

Ok, maybe not World War 3, but could it be? You're telling me whats been going on over there and who's involved doesn't concern you? Or the attack on Israel? Pretty hectic and better to be safe than sorry.

100% honest with you it doesnt concearn me one bit.... on the other hand if you told me Russia or China were going to kick off then i could be concearned... the countrys we are talking about in the middle east are not capable of launching an assault to warrent it being called a "World War"... They would have to contend with NATO, countrys like US, France, UK.... etc, only a country like china or russia could pull something like that off.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
I would also like to add, this is NOT the start of World War 3, and it would be a very good idea if people wouldn't keep saying this, its just fear mongering, if you insist that this is the start of World War 3 then please post some concrete evidence to back it up, and when i say hard evidence i expect some thread from atleast a country on par with Iran, not some third world country that uses rocket mounted camels as tanks.

I know it's prisonplanet, but nonetheless, it presents some great points. Your hard concrete proof will be realized when you understand just how unstable the middle east is. WW3 is starting right here, right now, there is absolutely zero doubt in my mind. You set ablaze a weapons depot (the world) and expect it not to explode (war).

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Wasn't the whole 'get rid of the mad dictator' reason for Saddam too? Now that he's long dead and buried, the country is still occupied by the most part with a puppet government in control. I suspect in another decade Libya will too still be occupied, although not under the same caliber.

History is repeating itself, friends.

Yup.......history is repeating itself allright. We are Germany 1939-1940 and are being sacrificed to acheive an agenda.

I don't think that China and Russia sleep as we pounce around the planet.

link   
reply to post by Canslli

"I have not made my mind about this conflict yet, but there's something i don't understand: how can a person be so cold-blooded to a point that hundreds of people are dieing because of you and you still won't give up power. "

Ask bush, obumba and dear leaders of the GOP & DNC why they don't give up power to stop needless killing?

.. they've slaughtered more people and caused more suffering than BOTH gaddafi & saddam.

If gaddafi has done what he's accused of, let TPTB prove it in court with evidence we can all see... oh thats right, the US doesn't bother with that pre-911 virtue of "innocent until proven guilty".. if professional liars say gaddafi is guilty.. "so be it".

link   
reply to post by Itop1

Well...Iran's allies include Russia, China...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Russia's Zhirinovsky urges Muslim world to support Gaddafi
en.rian.ru...

"LDPR turns to all the people of the Muslim countries and urges them to unite and show solidarity with Muammar Gaddafi. The leadership of these countries should make a joint stand against NATO's military efforts in Libya," a statement by Zhirinovsky said. "Do not ditch Libya face to face with the juggernaut of the North Atlantic bloc. Do not allow NATO to crush the democracy in Libya, especially with regard to the fact, that this country does not threaten anybody. Do not do the short-sighted oversea politicians' bidding," the LDPR leader said.

I only post the above Zhirinovsky quote from today because I believe he may one day become the President of Russia to the detriment of the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I agree, if a larger country with a substantial military was involved, it would be time to worry. But that doesn't mean that the United States sticking it's nose in Libya at this time wouldn't spawn some places like Iran, or North Korea to join in and back them. Besides, they aren't with mounted guns on camels, they are on jeeps
and they have shot down a plane if I wasn't mistaken.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Originally posted by Itop1
I would also like to add, this is NOT the start of World War 3, and it would be a very good idea if people wouldn't keep saying this, its just fear mongering, if you insist that this is the start of World War 3 then please post some concrete evidence to back it up, and when i say hard evidence i expect some thread from atleast a country on par with Iran, not some third world country that uses rocket mounted camels as tanks.

I know it's prisonplanet, but nonetheless, it presents some great points. Your hard concrete proof will be realized when you understand just how unstable the middle east is. WW3 is starting right here, right now, there is absolutely zero doubt in my mind. You set ablaze a weapons depot (the world) and expect it not to explode (war).

www.prisonplanet.com...

The middle east is full of countrys with small military power and old equiptment, no country in the middle east could possibly stand up to the power of an alliance such as NATO, and the middle east are hardly united.... and the arab league are working with us... i really fail to see any danger of a world war, all i see is fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This action is to soak the earth in blood at Ostara, same as Iraq was.
This is occult based.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deutschbag

We have done nothing about the on-going crisis in Yemen and Bahrain. These are simultaneous events. No one cares because you are not being told to care by media. 50 people gunned down by snipers, my god what a travesty and yet barely a peep from concerned western powers. Put two and two together.

put two and two together? I could suggest the same to you

think

are there any differences between one event and the next?

besides time - and feasibility?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by Itop1

Well...Iran's allies include Russia, China...

I would not bank on that. Russia has shown a few times recently they are prepared to make concessions against Iran and have softened their stance a little. China has too much to lose economically to be involved in a conflict unless it is in their benefit or absolute need. The unknown quantity is actually Turkey!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't think it should be called fear-mongering, but be called prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

I also am pretty skeptical of prophets/psychics but:

"There is a possibility of a World War III
Cayce foresaw the possibility of a third world war. He spoke of strife arising near the Davis Straits, and in Libya, and in Egypt, in Ankara, and in Syria; through the straits around those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf."

Sound familiar to what is going on?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
What are the odds of ground troops being sent in?

Depends on the definition of "ground troops." Because I can assure you that its extremely likely there is some allied special forces in Libya. I wouldn't expect to see any ground forces conducting operations unless another nation intervened.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealJayZ
Just a strange coincidence. Or the most blatant case of history repeating itself.

The 2003 invasion of Iraq (March 19–May 1, 2003), was the start of the conflict known as the Iraq War or Operation Iraqi Freedom

Wikipedia

I'm not crazy, right? Today is March 19th?

Obama=Bush

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Won't Get Fooled Again
The Who

Interesting date 19th march, some more to ponder...

19th march 1969 Brittish invade Anguila,
19th march 1982, Argentinians invade Falklands,
19th March 2002 US invade Afghanistan ( Now I thought it was 2nd March, but dates in history list it as 19th ?),
Iraq you mentioned.

A quote from Wiki:

The Babylonians additionally celebrated the 19th as a special "evil day", the "day of anger", because it was roughly the 49th day of the (preceding) month, completing a "week of weeks". Sacrifices were offered to Ninurta and the day dedicated to Gula, and it may be supposed that prohibitions were strengthened.

Source

en.wikipedia.org...

An interesting date indeed.......Respects

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
First Video of missile launch from a ship

www.twitvid.com...

And VIA the BBC news stream:

United Arab Emirates pledges 24 aircraft to Libya operation, Qatar between 4 and 6 - AFP via BBC

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join