It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento Under Alert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hi folks,

I just got a phone call from a friend who works at a hospital in Sacramento that staff was being called in tonight to prepare for triage due to radiation poisoning. I don't know what do with these news, especially since I've been keeping an eye on the www.radiationnetwork.com... for levels and they seem completely normal.

He said that this was happening for sure at two downtown hospitals tonight (I will not name them since I am not suppose to be telling this to anyone but my wife, but I'm sure they can be looked up easily), and staff are being called in to set up for triage were his exact words.

Is this a drill? Or is it possible there's more to it? If I hear any more I will add it to here but chances are we won't talk again until tomorrow. If anyone has any similar news, would you please contribute?

Sincerely,

Khar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
EPA says it's been detected.......doesn't pose a threat. Who knows.

www.latimes.com... d/la-fgw-japan-quake-sacramento-20110319,0,2453591.story
edit on 19-3-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

This is just a guess, but it could be inbound planes from the Far East landing in Sacramento with sick folks on them.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Must be Mercy Hospital and Sutter Hospital...those are the two major hospitals in downtown Sacto.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks for that link, eased my mind a bit.

Khar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Sounds like a very serious conversation took place.

Did you ask him if this was just practice or if he knew for sure that this was because radiation poisoning was imminent?
Either way, sounds very scary.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

I think this is the most logical answer. There are so many people out on the west coast with there own radiation detectors that if any major amount of radiation were out there, there would be so much panic in the streets that it would be all over the news.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Weird I just clicked on that link and it said page not found.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Sounds like everything else i hear from everyone else about everything else,

total bs.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I have no way of checking how many they have on staff, but I can say for a fact that as of right now there doesn't seem to be anything unusual going as far as medical reports coming out of mentioned hospitals. There are confidentiality issues and I'm not 100% clear on how much I'm allowed to say before I lose my job, but the workload seems entirely normal as of right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yep it's down now

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
High quality geiger counters are relatively cheap, and there are tons of people out here on the west coast with them who also have internet access, etc. Believe me, if there were high levels of radiation present, it would be posted all over the place.

My guess is that there may have been some other, completely unrelated local incident involving nuclear materials and radiation exposure???

link   
reply to post by csulli456

Well, actually a brief conversation since my wife and I were watching a movie and falling asleep on the couch. We only talked for a couple of minutes as he was getting ready to leave the house and head out to the hospital, and had no details besides getting called in to help out.

I'm just sort of wondering if anyone else from the region has got any more info or had received similar phone calls.

Khar

link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

you have to copy and paste the rest of the link that is just text so it forms the word "world" with the rest of it.

edit on 19-3-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: looked at a map answered my own question so removed the question.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well I know a few people in the med business I have already put the feelers out i'll post if I hear back about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Being a paramedic i know all about it. Just stay within HIPAA guidlines and you should be fine. No names no info that could lead to a persons identity. Just use your judgement.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
reply to post by Kharron

This is just a guess, but it could be inbound planes from the Far East landing in Sacramento with sick folks on them.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

But wouldn't they go to Hawaii or even Australia as they are.....closer?
From Japan to California has a stop in Hawaii for refueling anyway unless military transport capable for in air refueling (most likely a C-17 as they are more set up inside for medivac plus can land on shorter runways)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I keep trying to get the li k to refresh but its not working for me either.......can anyone else pull it up.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Don't forget Kaiser Hospital.

Everything is ok in Chico so far.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Yeah, I figured I would be fine with what I posted, just more of a disclaimer that I wouldn't be able to put out too much information.

I work nights so I'll be up a while yet. I'll keep checking my end and if I see an odd increase in emergency room visits, etc, I'll say something...though it will be extremely general information as I can't risk losing my job. They're pretty strict with the HIPAA, make a mistake there and bye, bye job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join