It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento Under Alert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
reply to post by idunno12

Ways to reduce exposure:
1) dont come in contact with it in the first place(kinda goes without saying.
2) If you do come in contact with radiation particals wash throughally IN A SHOWER(not a bath) with soap and water, and get tested with a hand held detector.
3) Stay in doors during fallout.Without the oppurtunity to come in contact with radioactive particals, you greatly reduce the chances of picking up particals.
4) For those of you who have to work out doors, shower immediately upon coming inside to lessen the chances of particals remaining on your skin.

Thank you.
This is sound advice and everyone should pay close attention.

Not just from the Japan incidents but because there are hundreds of nuclear facilities worldwide and more disasters are inevitable as the years go on.

Until we can phase out such crude and primitive technology we will always have to take these types of precautions and learn these techniques since our civilization is actually not technologically advanced enough to contain these situations once they get out of control.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Radiation detectors do pick up Cesium...if you're upset at anyone, it shouldn't be at people posting on ATS trying to help others informing them. Get angry at the world governments....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

Radiation detectors do pick up Cesium...if you're upset at anyone, it shouldn't be at people posting on ATS trying to help others informing them. Get angry at the world governments....

Radiation detectors do not pick up Cesium.

They pick up the radiation emitted by decaying cesium.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
reply to post by Kharron

This is just a guess, but it could be inbound planes from the Far East landing in Sacramento with sick folks on them.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

That seems logical. However it would be interesting to find out if similar actions have been taken at Los Angeles or Denver for example, where larger airports exist.

If contamination is to the point of triage I would think they would be landing at a military base for better isolation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Found the article from the first page that had a broken link. Sorry I couldn't get it up earlier.

LA Times EPA

MODS: Can you fix the link on page one? Thanks

edit on 19-3-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There are detectors capable of picking up Cesium. Cesium decay is 30 years.... each radioactive particle has a unique energy signature... depends on the detectors being used..etc

Here is a site with some info on their detectors:
radiationsurveymeters.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, my buddy is out wine tasting with his wife today, so whatever was the deal last night doesn't seem to have been a very big deal.

Thanks everyone, I will add more info if it's news worthy once I catch them tonight.

Khar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

So has anyone actually gone to the hospital yet in Sacramento for radiation poisoning? It's been almost 12 hours since this was posted.

Sorry, but this thread reeks of fear-mongering. Why are you trying to scare everyone? Does it make you feel good?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10
reply to post by Kharron

So has anyone actually gone to the hospital yet in Sacramento for radiation poisoning? It's been almost 12 hours since this was posted.

Sorry, but this thread reeks of fear-mongering. Why are you trying to scare everyone? Does it make you feel good?

Hmm let me see, how would you react if you got woken up late at night by news that your friend got called into the hospital to help out with triage? And isn't this ATS, aren't we supposed to share the news here that media has not gotten to yet or decided not to share with us? And don't we all share news even when we are told we're not really supposed to?

I'm doing my best man, but I'm not gonna pester the man all day long and I already said it didn't seem as dire as it did last night.

But go ahead, keep trolling, I've been on this site for too long to pay attention to your silly attempts.

Khar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

well that is strange haven't heard anything about radiation in that are until now

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
damn...i wish i had a business that sold gieger counters and iodine tablets here in california, i could have made a fortune on the fear. memo to self...watch for more fear-mongering and move fast to get rich off of it. a sucker is born every minute is so true today.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they are just trying to be prepared for a bunch of people hearing that small amounts of radiation has been detected in Sacramento (its a valley with terrible air quality) and freak out and go to the hospital thinking they are going to turn into mutants.

Same ol same ol.
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Look, there are people following readings of beta gamma. Radnet was taken offline on several key ponits when the radiation hit, but San Francisco got a huge dose, over 200, on a scale where 125 is danger. Someone elsewhere noted over 200 the day before, so it hit before too. Now the cloud would go south east then north over canada. So far when radnet came back on the readings seemed to allign, ie. Los Vegas was very high at 187, then dropped overnight and Tuscon was like that, now its under 150 and Idaho had a reading of 190, and now its dropped down.

Now those readings will make people sick, a certain percentage will get the symptoms.

I imagine that thats the real rason for the alert.

www.abovetopsecret.com... From here on I made posts even to the next page. And included the links. The radnet and www.radiationnetwork.com... (seemed to bear up in the readings, ie. Seattle was 18 and Vancouver was 15). So that 125 danger line applies.

Then after I posted it, the Vancouver reading got taken off, its just a black dot. Now
www.blackcatsystems.com... shows the interior, with a similar reading at 15. But I'm furious.

The levels are over the danger line, by a lot and they're lying very much. I'm quite sure hospitals would be on standby.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

What is the name of the hospital and do you know if their helicopter fleet for the hospital has been activated?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I doubt that levels will get high enough on the west coast to be harmful to people, unless of course if you are unlucky enough to inhale a spec of plutonium.
What bothers me is that the crop and pasture lands on the west coast could become contaminated. The food, water and milk in and around Fukishima have already become contaminated. IAEA

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity can someone explain what the hell is going on? I just got on here and you are saying there were readings in tucson yesterday? I have family in tucson can you tell me why I did not pickup anything yesterday off that site you linked to? Also if anyone else or you can explain how to unravel this I need true readings and why are we not being told ??

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Unity if vou are correct I am furious as well!!! I have been making several attempts at preparations but, everyone keeps saying "all is well," readings on that blackcat site what is going on?? Everything showed normal yesterday!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok folks, as far as he knows no one was admitted due to radiation. The hospital was making sure they would be ready and everything was prepped for worst case scenario.

What Unity said really scares me too, how come we didn't catch any of this on radnetwork readings?

Khar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If these radiation levels are true..Then putting the pieces together with a major evacuation of Japan..Then things seem to be a lot worse than reported..and the PTB..will be downplaying everything to maintain a dont panic scenario.You can see the rational.Then again if the Search and rescue teams are coming back they might have got a dose and will require further treatment.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

It's probably people from Japan or in the military suffering from radiation poisoning.

Japan probably doesn't have enough room in hospitals to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join