It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thank you for coming back! I appreciate the first person perspective you are giving to us members.

Please stay safe.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ST, not cool to accuse me of endangering lives by posting on your thread. Good to know you are able to respond to every post here on ATS at a moments notice.

I think about the well being of everyone in Japan all day, every day. God bless and protect you all!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
ST, not cool to accuse me of endangering lives by posting on your thread. Good to know you are able to respond to every post here on ATS at a moments notice.

I think about the well being of everyone in Japan all day, every day. God bless and protect you all!

Straw that broke the camel's back. You win. I apologize for offending you, and all the rest of humanity, with my very presence.

Maybe I shouldn't take this $&+) as personally as I do, but its kind of hard to separate emotions from reality at this point.

I'm leaving ATS.

Forever.

Mods, I would respectfully ask you to scrub this thread, and the other one. Please. It has been very painful for me personally.

Bye ATS.
edit on 3/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Edit to add: I will check my U2Us for a few days to see if anyone is looking for specific loved ones in Japan or Tokyo. I will try to help you if I can, but I can gaurentee nothing. I will not respond to or read other U2Us. This will be for emergency and life-and-death issues only, please. Please don't abuse this.

Well, after three years, you've finally driven old silent thunder off ATS, at the point of his greatest need. I know I am overreacting but I'm not exactly in a normal frame of mind.

It's funny, eathquakes and approching radiation won't make me budge, but toxic words will drive me away. There is a message in that, somewhere..

A disaster is always a turning point, and a good time to make big life changes. This really is my last ATS post, people. I honestly thought I knew this board and what it was better than I did, and I honestly thought it was capable of better. If I live through this tragedy, it will also be remembered as the occcasion of a far, far lesser but still personally unpleasent negative event: The day I lost faith in ATS.

To my friends on ATS: Bye. I really will miss you. Thank you for three wonderful and fascinating years.

edit on 3/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by silent thunder

Man, I went out on St. Patricks w/ my friends, and I told you not to feed the trolls! You will be missed here bro, but I wish you much success in all your adventures!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL!

Let's stay focused on the topic and NOT the poster. ANY further off-topic posts will result in post removal and a posting ban of at least 3 days.

Courtesy is mandatory
Civility and decorum are expected
No more scoffing and ridicule

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
removed comments sorry.

keep up the great work mate
edit on 18-3-2011 by thedevos1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I would ask you not to leave. You have provided the information you can, nothing more nothing less. From your stats I can tell you have alot of interaction here, and it is for the most part warmly excepted.
Of course some people will have their doubts on your validity, some our trolls, some I think (as sick as it sounds) jealous that you are actively involved whilst they hide behind their computers.

Now I am going to go get a little less creeped out, that second picture of TOKYO frightened the living crap out of me, like a zombie scene , or a scene from gamer!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Silent , great post by the way its good to see photo journal of this from a member of the public !

Can you confirm that japanese tv is playing game shows and there is a media blackout , shown by the french man video on youtube !

thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Dear ST,
Well what can I say that hasn't been said. Firstly thank you for coming back and secondly.. sigh for leaving again but I totally understand why you chose to.

I have had a hard time understanding the differences between information provided by the UK news networks and information readily available from Japanese news networks. It seems there is a veil being woven and i'm not sure which side is weaving it quicker.

As a personal note, I truly appreciated you coming here to post and give us whatever information you could.

I again find it deplorable that some people have such a self centered and rude attitude. Honestly to those who can't find anything but negativity at a moment like this and towards this OP, you're just beyond comprehension. Could you not find any other way to spend your time but to be haters? What is wrong with your programming?

I, like ST, am seriously considering leaving this "so called" community because all I see is an overwhelming display of the worst characteristics of humanity being thrown in people's faces day after day.

ST, I wish you the best, I don't know if you will read this post but my thoughts and "prayers" are with you.

Regards,
T
edit on 18-3-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well thank you for the work you have done to this point, it's quite sad to see a valuable member leave because of a few unneeded comments. The rest of us appreciate what you have done and I really do hope you continue updating and posting pictures, even if you just post the pictures to the media portal and be done with them.

We're not really getting much useful information from the ground there and having an ATS member present, and posting, is quite important as you'll be able to share information you receive that we might not get access to.

I disagree with the complaints, I do believe you've provided insight into what's happening in Tokyo and it's much appreciated.

A before and after thread for pictures would be a good idea, it's easy to let the nuclear situation overshadow the true nature of the disaster there, but the real amazing part is how the people are dealing with it. I honestly don't think you would have level headed calm people on the streets helping each other if this happened in a western country. People get killed over parking spaces on a good day here, if they need to wait for a phone call or loaf of bred for get it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
SilentThunder - Don't let the trolls and geeks in their parents basement get to you man - feed them silence... These are people you would not give a second thought to if you met them in real life. And more importantly for most of ATS, don't let these idiots ruin a unique information source for the rest of us. I think your posts are very valuable. The MSM is now downplaying the problem, here we have an ATS'er who is giving us direct information. Come on people...

These negative posts are mostly about jealousy.

V

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Business goes on, and very amazing, very critical things happen in the business world at times like this.

Soooo ... sounds like you stand to make a good buck out of all of this.
I had that thought all along while pondering your motivation for hanging around.

Enjoy your profits man. (Of course I know you didn't need my permission as you have made that clear from the get-go.)

An added question: There are reports that there is a serious fuel shortage up North. Part of the problem in getting supplies to people and hospitals is that delivery trucks don't have enough fuel to complete their runs. I take it this is not a problem for you in Tokyo as you seem to be able to go out on your "drives" with no problem?
edit on 3/18/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Silent Thunder will surely return to ATS once he gets out of Japan and settles down to some sort of normality. Being there and being torn between fear for your life and the possibility of reaping huge sums of money out of a disaster would be a real challenge for some people. I am frankly encouraged if he sees this as possibly life changing. Hopefully a reassessment of what is really important in life will bear fruit for him.

My impression is that he has a lot of talent with which to make a significant contribution to the world, if it is directed in the right way. Get out of there to a safer place, Silent Thunder, and regroup.

Will be watching for you on the other side of this.
edit on 3/18/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by lonegurkha
As for me, I make my own luck...

edit on 3/17/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

If half a city block explodes in green flame we all know who to blame

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
SilentThunder - Don't let the trolls and geeks in their parents basement get to you man - feed them silence... These are people you would not give a second thought to if you met them in real life. And more importantly for most of ATS, don't let these idiots ruin a unique information source for the rest of us. I think your posts are very valuable. The MSM is now downplaying the problem, here we have an ATS'er who is giving us direct information. Come on people...

These negative posts are mostly about jealousy.

V

Another possibility is that the trolls are paid disinfo creeps. Whilst I can understand how the champers and whores coping mechanism may appear distasteful to some, it is in fact a perfect tool for any entity that wants to ensure the Thread/OP is discredited, derailed or closed down.

ST, thanks for your honesty regarding over reaction to the creeps; please don't let them win!

ATS, can we please have the ignore button back? In a Thread of this nature, it would be very helpful if members could filter and block ass-like comments that only detract and subvert.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

relax brother. stupid people will remain that way and unfortunately we cannot change that. Stay safe and don't be a hero. Please at least let us know you made it back since an overwhelming portion of this site is behind you and cares that you stay safe. Travel light.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

Well, aren't you the bearer of great empathy? What are you doing, specifically, to help the people of Japan besides "thinking about their well being"?

All you did was drive out someone that was providing on the ground updates and answering questions, you sir, are a bully.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I suppose it's just a reflection of society as a whole - you'll get people who will always see the negative side to something everywhere. It's must be really hard to not let them get to you in a situation like ST is in, I sometimes get wound up by such people on an average day. It's such a shame that they have driven ST away. I've been trawling ATS for information for the last week and have found it to be the best place to find information about Japan (as well as other subjects), so to lose such a valuable resource is very sad. I'm probably like lots of others who come to the site but don't post but this situation has motivated me to do so.

Please ST, if you read this, your threads have brought us a great insight into what's going on in Tokyo right now, don't let a small minority ruin this for the rest of us and yourself. But most of all; take care.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join