It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
THE FOLLOWING ARE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS GIVEN ABOVE, CONTINUED FROM LAST POST.

These were excellent questions, thank you.

Allow me to thank YOU, silent thunder for those very informative answers and I'm sure I speak on the behalf of many ATS'ers that we now have a much better idea of how Tokyo is coping with it's share of this disaster.
Your information gives us a very valuable alternative viewpoint from someone actually on the spot as opposed to having to rely entirely on what the MSM chooses (or not) to tell us, based on their personal agendas.

So again, thank you and I sincerely hope you'll be able to find the time to provide more of the same.

Keep safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Heard on MSM tonight (Fox) that the French are flying in a huge quantity of Boron and 10K suits and boots.

So glad that you are back. I stopped reading the other thread when some folks were showing their ignorance. Your pictures and commentary touched me deeply and I feel very enriched by your journal. You are obviously an intelligent man of means so I trust you will keep yourself safe and have your contingency plans A, B, C.....in line.

Thank you for taking the time to post your honest, unique perspective.

robyn

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
All a mod has to do is track this guy's IP to see where he's at and verify it. Until then I could be posting the same generic things and acting like I was in Tokyo and pull some pic's off the web to post. Thats what they look like anyway. Just a little verification would be nice. Until then not sold. Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on 3/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

He's posted pictures with his screen name the date and ATS written on a placard in them.
What more proof do you need?

edit on 17-3-2011 by Flighty because: Because the way I phrased it wasn't correct.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Thank you for posting ..honestly i'm little jealous on you ....i want to be in Tokyo now

Not me, I like my hair, and eye balls in their sockets....

Braver one then I...

(radiation is the new boogy man for now i can't help it)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

He's holding up pictures with his screen name the date and ATS written on a placard.

That would work too I guess. We shall see.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I was cynical too. But, check out the original pictures accompanying the original thread and I'm pretty sure silent thunder is where he says he is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by Flighty

He's holding up pictures with his screen name the date and ATS written on a placard.

That would work too I guess. We shall see.

Go check his profile and click on "threads" once you're there click on his earlier thread titled the same thing minus "part 2" There, you will see pictures from him in Tokyo with signs that say HI ATS etc.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
]Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

I think for many, the way you started this thing was in extremely poor taste. At a time when thousands were killed and hundreds of thousands thrown into chaos and dispair, you boasted that you had few issues and you would ride it out with champagne and whores. That's if you really are in the situation you say you are.

Flame away ATS, but that was my first impression, and it hasn't gotten a lot better

I think you should check the MOD notes and recognize what happened in the last thread. You just gave a nearly perfect summary of what happened there. Discuss the thread content NOT the user, sheesh!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

I think for many, the way you started this thing was in extremely poor taste. At a time when thousands were killed and hundreds of thousands thrown into chaos and dispair, you boasted that you had few issues and you would ride it out with champagne and whores. That's if you really are in the situation you say you are.

Flame away ATS, but that was my first impression, and it hasn't gotten a lot better

It is none of anyones business (although which OP did not have to divulge that personal information)
either way if OP is getting drunk doing hookers..

What can you the OP or I really do anything about the situation.
Maybe give our prayers, donate what money we could, ect.
Other then that drinking and banging hookers sounds like freaking fun!!!
With or without the quake OP would be doing the same they are doing now...

At least here we get a bit of a perspective of some dude that was in tokyo when all
this crap went down...
edit on 18-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
All pics from within the last 2 hours.

The Shakaden, headquarters of the Reiyukai Buddhist organization, remains shuttered and impassive.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/651f5e7558f7.jpg[/atsimg]

Life goes on: A woman sells a bento to a passer-by. There seems to be plenty of food.
(For my "pics or it didn't happen" friends: Note the scrap of paper in the corner: "Hi ATS, March 18, 2011, Tokyo")
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6665a2b3af7.jpg[/atsimg]

Roppongi crossing, about 30 min. past noon. Quieter than usual, but the big stores and offices are open. Lots of people were wearing cotton masks, which is not uncommon in Tokyo anyway, but it made me wonder about the public mood.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fa586f7f951.jpg[/atsimg]

Tokyo's finest. The police can stretch the accordian barrier across the road to shut off traffic if need be. This particular unit is often posted at that particular corner in times of unease because of its proximity to the Russian embassy, a favorite target of Far-Right Japanese groups.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/336a721696bd.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wow this is cool man it's like our own ats reporter, best of luck to everyone in japan including you!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am now moving to a different location in the city, leaving the hotel forever. It's been real.

I will still be within the city for the time being, as stated, but at a different location. Will report back later.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thank you, OP, for taking the time to post,read and answer, I have been lurking the last while and have brought up your thread as a source of info...actually, this whole site has been the best source I have found online so far.Kudos to many here in this community. Hope you stay safe and sane!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

"Ahh, so are you saying it's cool for me to respond to you now (not discussing the topic) and tell you that I think that you're being totally heartless and careless, and drink to much and shouldn't watch American Idol and smoke cigars, because that's what I think you're doing? "

I have only discussed the topic, which, last time I checked was "An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2". Heartless and careless? American Idol? Cigars?

Please let's get back on topic

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join