It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Your reply to #4 bothers me. I bought and started reading Urban Survival Guide by David Morris and he said if people are starting to trickle out, now might be the best time to leave before that option closes down because too many people are leaving and things begin to become chaotic.

If you have any questions, let me know I'll keep my book out here for you. I don't know if any of the advice in this book is helpful but if you have any questions or problems on urban survival let me know. I'll see if I can locate an answer for you.

Waiting until things get out of hand though might not be a good idea, however outside exposure isn't good either. Do you have a support base of people or are you all alone?

When you do go outside cover up as much of your body head, face everything as possible. Maybe a Good thick raincoat if you can find one. Best choice would be if you could find something with lead like a x-ray techs check cover, but that might be hard to come by.

Just throwing ideas out there.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
he's gone again!? what a difference a day makes, i mean seriously....to all member of ATS who've railed and ragged on Silent Thunder, bug off!

while most of you may spend your days praying for a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion or another minutely possible event, there was a person who, for reasons unknown to us, stayed in the "thick" of a real world disaster and saw fit to report to this site with the goings ons from his own perspective,. and for a 2nd time he was ran away by silly bickering.

i'm inclined to think that if a similar situation occurred in your backyard, those that were railing on ST would not have the fortitude to inform the masses in whatever fashion of what was occurring, through your perspective. instead choosing to disappear amongst the masses and leave possibly concerned people to guess and theorize as to what happened.

i mean the pics were enough proof of where he was, how is it that a city of 30million+ people looks deserted?! a long time buddy of mine and Marine, was stationed in Okinawa and whenever he called me from tokyo, regardless of the hour, he said the city was extremely lively....even @ the oddest hours. call that 2nd hand experience, but for em to see photos of the districts ST went to sparcely(sp) populated was very telling.

either way, my blabbings over, but in the future, please learn to listen more and talk less.

edit on 18-3-2011 by ahmonrarh because: i can never seem to get vids right....gargh!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

You don't say it outright, but these two sentences taken together indicate that you think he owes this to us, which he does not. He's dealing with the Japan situation as best he can, he has enjoyed ATS in the past and thought he would come here and share some information (on his own volition) and he was chased off by a bunch of Nancies.

Well I don't believe he owes us anything. He's already shown us what his true intentions were by starting the two threads that he did. He waited for a nitwit reply from someone that he could hang his little tantrum on and storm out. I believe he likes being begged to come back and what not. This is my own opinion.

If I were in the situation that he was in, there would be no stopping me from reporting everything and I mean everything right here on ATS. I would care less about what someone says, I would get the information out. That's just me though, maybe his feelings are hurt. So sensitive for a wealthy man. That's par for the course.

I now offer silent thunder a musical intermission from all of his pouting. Your so vain friend.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Straw that broke the camel's back. You win. I apologize for offending you, and all the rest of humanity, with my very presence.

You do realize the importance of the material that you are offering us don't you? You do realize that it trumps your feelings and emotions don't you?

Hang on a sec don't you think you should be aiming that at the people that once again derailed his thread with nitpicking?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Better watch it. You'll be attacked by the liberal hounds of hell.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
While I don't think ST should have been attacked, and I am sorry that he was, I am also extremely puzzled at his attitude and decision. It strikes me as simply bizarre for someone to be so melodramatic about some internet trolls at a time like this, and withholding crucially valuable inside information out of petty spite is hard to justify.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wish I didn't have to wade through all the useless fan-boy posts in this thread to get useful info.

Second

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Hang on a sec don't you think you should be aiming that at the people that once again derailed his thread with nitpicking?

Not at all, he knows what he did and it is blatantly obvious. He is trying to make us believe that the nitpicking is bad enough to keep him from letting the outside world know what is going on in the most devastated country that we have ever seen to date. He is trying to make us believe that it was all the fault of some nitpicking comments that he wants to leave ATS forever.

What a tool. I'd hate to have to interact with this guy on a professional level in the real world. I'd hate to have to interact with him on any level actually because you never know what might set him off. He is a tool of epic proportions for not being the bigger person. Yeah, he let the nitwits win. How easy was that for the nitwits? It really never was a fair fight, the nitwits had it in the bag from the get go.

What does that tell us about the champagne sipping, private luxury hotel staying, many amenities and money having silent thunder? Don't be afraid because his feelings are already hurt to the point that he wants nothing to do with this site anymore. It's all very telling if you read his posts.

Really, taking pictures of scraps of paper with silent thunder written on them to prove he is where he says he is. If he was really interested in showing us something he would've. Believe me, he has nothing to offer us here because he cannot get over himself. Its all about silent thunder you see not the tragedy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I was chewed out for pointing out what I saw to be insensitive behavior in his original post of his original thread.

I'm all for valuable information. Threaten to leave over some words but not showing sadness over 11,000 deaths seems strange to me. Especially when they live right where it happened.Maybe he's desensitized like many of us.
edit on 18-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: edited for content

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Silent Thunder.

Just on the off-chance you might see this, I'd like to say I'd be honoured if you decided to take a bit of a break and have some tea with me here in Amami, Kagoshima. I've got a nice sofa and my wife and four kids would be thrilled. - But you won't HAVE to put up with the kids.

I've lived here for nearly two decades and I've become part of the furniture around here. It's a really nice small island. The weather's warm and I've got a workshop where I try to invent stuff and make things. Great fishing here as well.

I mean if you are going to leave Japan and you have a few days to kill then please consider having a break here.

I've only recently joined ATS. I joined because about a couple of weeks ago something big like this happening seemd to be on the cards. Send a pm if you're interested. Or email to maelstrom (at mark) po2.synpse.ne.jp

Either way I'm not going there! I hope things are OK with you. Thank you for the info you provided.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Finalized

You don't say it outright, but these two sentences taken together indicate that you think he owes this to us, which he does not. He's dealing with the Japan situation as best he can, he has enjoyed ATS in the past and thought he would come here and share some information (on his own volition) and he was chased off by a bunch of Nancies.

Well I don't believe he owes us anything. He's already shown us what his true intentions were by starting the two threads that he did. He waited for a nitwit reply from someone that he could hang his little tantrum on and storm out. I believe he likes being begged to come back and what not. This is my own opinion.

If I were in the situation that he was in, there would be no stopping me from reporting everything and I mean everything right here on ATS. I would care less about what someone says, I would get the information out. That's just me though, maybe his feelings are hurt. So sensitive for a wealthy man. That's par for the course.

I now offer silent thunder a musical intermission from all of his pouting. Your so vain friend.

Does your commentary contribute to this thread in a positive way? In my opinion, no.

It strikes me that, with such a holier-than-thou attitude, perhaps such a "musical intermission" would be more appropriately directed inward. This is, again, my own opinion.

ST - Thank you for the information. We know you weren't obligated to do anything. Be well, friend.

TPTB will always be TPTB if we all continue to engage in petty bickering amongst ourselves. It's how they win. But that's a topic for a seperate thread. A thread likely riddled with petty bickering. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Silent Thunder,

I hope this link can help, i found it searching other forums and found another geiger counter for tokyo

Tokyo Geiger Counter

It's on a translation link so it can be read in both english and japanese.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but i skipped a few pages due to not having much time to read through before i have to go out.

Stay safe, your in mine and my families thoughts in such a horrible time.

Hope it helps

Craig

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by manicmaniac

Does your commentary contribute to this thread in a positive way? In my opinion, no.

I believe it does. I am letting everyone in on a big secret kept by silent thunder. He really doesn't care about the tragedy or the truth. He just wants people to grovel over him.

So go ahead and grovel and apologize for the comments of a few posters that really know no better because he loves it. It is what he wants so please do appease the master, silent thunder. Who knows, all your groveling and pointing out how people shouldn't insult others may win him back.

He may once again grace this thread with his almighty presence. Try try again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For the love of... do trolls run ATS now? It's getting to a point where open baiting is seen but no action is taken..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I believe it does. I am letting everyone in on a big secret kept by silent thunder. He really doesn't care about the tragedy or the truth. He just wants people to grovel over him.

So go ahead and grovel and apologize for the comments of a few posters that really know no better because he loves it. It is what he wants so please do appease the master, silent thunder. Who knows, all your groveling and pointing out how people shouldn't insult others may win him back.

He may once again grace this thread with his almighty presence. Try try again.

Kindly cite sources of information to back up you claims of a big secret kept by Silent Thunder. But do so in a U2U where such a discussion belongs.

And if you intend to use quotes from either this thread or ST's previous thread on the subject as evidence of your "big secret theory", don't bother. I've followed both threads closely and I see ST as a human being who is trying to give us ATSers a bit of unfiltered, first-hand info while being in a stressful situation. He has a right to feel and react however he chooses. That's neither yours nor my business.

I await your U2U response.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
your whole post starts off by insulting everyone, you say nothing about the situation in tokyo, the mood or anything else relevant, then you chastise everyone else for not contributing anything useful.

i look forward to part 3, in 24rs, of your series. maybe you'll actually talk about tokyo.

as a matter of fact, i don't even think you're in tokyo and you're trolling hard. this thread belongs in the hoax bin.
edit on 18-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
For the love of... do trolls run ATS now? It's getting to a point where open baiting is seen but no action is taken..

Ain't that the truth, especially since a Mod came on here and said it wasn't going to happen this time, and then it happened. Someone should have been patrolling this thread.

I can kind of see the point that silent thunder took offense too easily, and I also think there was way too much, "Ohhhh! Stay safe!" kind of posting, which really offered nothing to the thread, but the fact is that the same trolls, by and large, derailed the thread again, and were allowed to. That they are self-righteous about it makes it even more disgusting.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I already told everyone the big secret, are you oblivious? No, I will not U2U you or entertain your groveling or your attempts at justifying what silent thunder has done to everyone here. The big secret has already been posted my friend. You just didn't see it because you were busy trying to come to the defense of a cry baby.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
your whole post starts off by insulting everyone, you say nothing about the situation in tokyo, the mood or anything else relevant, then you chastise everyone else for not contributing anything useful.

i look forward to part 3, in 24rs, of your series. maybe you'll actually talk about tokyo.

as a matter of fact, i don't even think you're in tokyo and you're trolling hard. this thread belongs in the hoax bin.
edit on 18-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

oh for goodness sake, he provided 100% EVIDENCE that he was in Tokyo right at the start of his initial thread...... He also asked us to as him questions so that he could provide us with the information we were after..... You might of got some answers to any intelligent questions you had if you'd thought about it for a second.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
randomname

hmmmm.. apparently you have not read the whole thread...if you did you would know that this statement is "ignorant" :the state or fact of being ignorant, the lack of knowledge or awareness, unaware or uninformed

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join