It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I apologize for leaving yesterday's thread in a snit. I am happy to report I am calm, rested, and ready to start over.

I am still in Central Tokyo and am taking it day to day. My decision for today was to stay another 24 hours at least. When those hours are up, I'll reevaluate and make another decision.

I hope to post more pictures later today, within say 20 hours. I will not be jousting with trolls.

This thread will be about Tokyo, not about me as a person or a poster. This is in line with the ATS ethos, and I would ask the mods particular help in keeping it that way.

To my many well wishers: thank you so very much

To those of you who have issues with my ethics, my taste, my religious proclivities, what I do with the money I have literally bled out on the ground to earn all across the globe in places that most of you never want to think about much less visit, who I spend my time with, the decor of my suite, or any other such fripperies: You are cordially invited to place your pudgy, cheetoh-dust-stained fingers on your mouse and click the "x" in the upper-right-hand corner of your browser. The rest of us are trying to get stuff done here.

Go big or go home, my dad always said.

I do want to address one point and then I'll drop the whole thing: I don't usually let stuff on ATS get to me, but this board is important to me, and I was surprised by how hurt I was by those who think I'm "not doing enough" or acting as some sort of ghoulish doom tourist. Let me say one thing: I have put almost 20 years of my life into this city. It is one of my several homes in Asia. I have invested not only money, effort, and time, but I have formed countless very real non-facebook friendships and associations here.  I  have responsibilities to people here on both business and personal levels, and I'm not going to turn tail and run easily on people here who are counting on me. Things that those of you who don't live in basements might have some understanding of.

I realize this is an anon messageboard and you are not expected to know that, but still, be careful not to make quick assumptions about strangers on the net. They are real people, after all. Shame on you. 

The other thread is dead to me, I won't look at it. In fact, if the mods would close it, I'd be much obliged.

This is a difficult time for all, and we should all look to the attitude of the people of Japan, who continue to demonstrate  their singular and inspiring dignity, consideration for others, quiet forbearance, and patience.

More to follow within the next 15-20 hours. Still looking for another Geiger counter. 

Out for now.

edit on 3/17/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Welcome back. I was enjoying your previous thread.

I am looking forward to more of your observations.

Best Regards.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nice absolutely great to see you back....

The other thread got derailed..

I told them I don't care if your drinking and doing hookers
none of my business if your going to bring us first hand accounts.

I'm glad you not dead of radiation poison.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Silent Thunder, don't talk to these little guys, and don't feed them WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!

(topsecretus trollius)

Welcome back and it's so important to have a fellow ATS'r posting from deep inside the disaster zone!
edit on 17-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
welcome back dude.
did you manage to find this bunker hidden in tokyo somewhere
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Great stuff brother......I think you summed all that up very well.

Look forward to the update and pics.

stay safe champ

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Stay safe

and thanks for coming back and contributing your information.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Didn't see your other thread unfortunately but I'm going to follow you on this one, stay safe and thanks for your updates you can provide.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS TO YOUR TASK.

I enjoyed the first thread and admire your pluck.

The trolls and whiney naysayers on ATS are a major reason I don't spend more time here. It gets to be like wading through black swam mud up to one's waste with alligators nipping all the way. Sheesh. Who needs it.

That you are where you love and making what sense you can of your situation . . . and informing us of your efforts and environment--is, I think, a great service to your friends and home folks there as well as to Japan and ATS.

Those carping probably eat, sleep, breathe and orgasm over whining and carping. bleagch! Rain on em.

PLEASE carry on in your usual style and I'll continue to glean a lot of interesting and some potentially valuable insights and info from your efforts. I believe thousands or more will.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Glad to see you back silent thunder, I for one appreciate any information you can give us..also glad to hear that you take your obligations and responsibilities seriously, it would be easy to run and hide but it is obvious you are not that kind of person. Your father is a very wise man.

Bless you and stay safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You.

Are.

Still.

Awesome!

Thank you for coming back.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was just telling my neighbour to check out "Silent Thunder's" thread on ATS and here you are with a new one.
I am very glad that you are a persistent person and not easily deterred.
Let this thread go to the max and ignore the "Trolls" god I hate that word but it does have it's applications.
Myself and the wife will be following this thread all the way.
Do what you can for your friends in Japan and please if its possible, keep us informed.
Regards, Iwinder & wife

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Okay, I can't wait any longer - please post pictures!!!
That was really cool that you found somebody who has a Geiger counter - that confirms what you said about having a lot of trusted connections in Tokyo.

My question to you: How have people's views about the diaster changed in the last day or so? More concerned, less concerned?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can you please let us know how the local television stations are responding to the events? Is coverage wall-to-wall, spotty, or nonexistent? I'm very intrested in this information and if your opinion is that the government is minimizing the events or responding/reporting appropriately.

Please be safe!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'll concider your new post week 2 then perhaps next week start 3 to kind of give it a point of reference. Just a thought it's your story,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Outstanding

Thank you for doing this and I look forward to your next update.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Silent Thunder, don't talk to these little guys, and don't feed them WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!

(topsecretus trollius)

Welcome back and it's so important to have a fellow ATS'r posting from deep inside the disaster zone!

And just exactly where did you get a photo of my motherinlaw?

Glad you're back ST, looking forward to your updates.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive responses.

An interesting piece of info somebody might be able to make some use of: I have unconfirmed reports from somebody closer to the industry that TEPCO or the Japanese Govt. is getting supplies of Boron from the South Korea Nuclear Agency. If that is the case, they are using it to cool the reactor down, as it is a neutron absorber. Anyone know about this?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
welcome back dude.
did you manage to find this bunker hidden in tokyo somewhere
www.youtube.com...

No luck with the hidden bunker.

As a dedicated tinfoil hatter, I did take a drive yesterday to look for the Trilateral Comission HQ in Tokyo but it was sort of out of the way and we got sidetracked.

I also went to Akihabara to look for a geiger counter with zero luck. I'm currently using this one (online) but I don't know how trustworthy it is:.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Glad to see you back even so I dont know who you are here but I like your style of writing that Ive come across while reading older threads. I also read your "other" thread and was disturbed by the naysayers. So Im glad to see you are back and doing well. By the way I dreamed of your avatar last night.. "the many all seeing eyes of Silent Thunder"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join