It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS member reports from central Tokyo: Part 2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's a loss to ATS that you are leaving Silent Thunder. Thank you for your contributions, you will be missed. If I may request one more thread - please let us know about your safe return from Japan.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Centur1on

Nobody "drove" him away. ST was obviously in a state to begin with, which he readily admitted to. Sitting there and posting on ATS in the midst of a crisis may seem like a good mental "escape" but it probably wasn't his best option. Denial of what is happening in the country is not good for his health.

Getting out of there, as many have suggested is. I personally don't need his pictures as interesting as they are, or his pros as poetic as they may be, as much as he needs to get to hell out of there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by Centur1on

Nobody "drove" him away. ST was obviously in a state to begin with, which he readily admitted to. Sitting there and posting on ATS in the midst of a crisis may seem like a good mental "escape" but it probably wasn't his best option. Denial of what is happening in the country is not good for his health.

Getting out of there, as many have suggested is. I personally don't need his pictures as interesting as they are, or his pros as poetic as they may be, as much as he needs to get to hell out of there.

- Your personal opinions and beliefs. Why impose them on others if they are negative towards them? Surely it would be better for all concerned if those who have such an attitude towards a thread / forum member just avoid the thread altogether?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What you have mentioned in your thread, that is exactly what you have to do, take it day by day. Is it true that Japanese television is playing really stupid shows rather than currently updating what's going on and revealing the situation to the public? I'm just really curious about it, anyhow I hope all is well and you're safe out there, make sure to stay calm and know that you will end up getting through it. I read that very limited amounts of radiation has reached Tokyo but not to toxic levels. Hope all is well.

- Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
ST don't leave! What are you doing? Live your life, hope you will be back, I hope all goes well for you and you come back to the other side!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I hope he returns to ATS. I have followed both threads and feel very sad that ST felt the need to leave.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

reply to post by wayno

reply to post by wayno

Wow, you are clearly the most insightful poster in this thread in terms of understanding the inner aspects of what was probabaly going on. Hats off, I'm impressed. Although your fine analysis will probably be lost on most.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
All pics from within the last 2 hours.

The Shakaden, headquarters of the Reiyukai Buddhist organization, remains shuttered and impassive.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/651f5e7558f7.jpg[/atsimg]

I just want to say, this picture is EPOCHAL.

What the **** is that thing? It looks like a space ship. Or some kind of Escher drawing. I can't get my head around it. At first I thought I was looking down, then up...that thing must be HUGE, too.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow another thread where you actually had a person here that you could question and find out truths from and you all drove that person away again. Some people should really reveiw whether they are the owner or not of ATS, and re evaluate why they started coming here?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarnished Templar

Well, thanks to snide speculations, like the ones you felt were so "insightful", you'll have to research that all on your own; as silent thunder will not be returning to the thread to address any further questions.

edit on 3/18/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like it just might be the OP is gone; maybe not forever, who knows. But let's get over it. He gave us some really good, fresh pictures from right on the ground taken today and yesterday, not filtered through the MSM. That in itself makes this thread liquid gold. Lets look at those pictures.

He posted pictures in:
This post
and
This post
and
This post

There are some more photos on the other thread he made, too, but I don't know the URL.

He also answered some questions very sharply a few pages back, about food and stuff like that, so we have that work with:
Strong information on Tokyo conditions in the OP's several posts following this post.

So looking at that stuff, does anyone else reading this know about Japan and Tokyo? Some of you seem to. When you see the pictures or read his discription of the food, city atmosphere, does it seem different from the normal Japan to you? I am really surprised the city isn't in worse shape. His photos show people walking around pretty normally. No crumbling buildings, no zombies. It doesn't seem that "empty" and "deserted" to me, but what do I know. Does the city as you who know it remember it look changed to you when you see these pics?

Also, when you read is stuff about food and traffic and those posts, does this seem really different? If so, what if anything do you think? Can we find something of note in any of this stuff? We might as well use what we have.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hey glad I found your posting again, "live from Tokyo"
and doing a great job!

Any countdown clock on your exit from the area?

Stay safe!

edit on 3/18/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

and u will still be a bunghole.

sorry to insult a commie guy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarnished Templar

Yes, the Buddhist's sects headquarters is massive. You're looking at the front entrance. It does feel like an alien spaceship when you're inside. I discovered the temple by accident when I walked around my hotel one month ago.

Not sure why the OP left. There is always the ignore button ... ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Another possibility is that the trolls are paid disinfo creeps. Whilst I can understand how the champers and whores coping mechanism may appear distasteful to some, it is in fact a perfect tool for any entity that wants to ensure the Thread/OP is discredited, derailed or closed down.

ST, thanks for your honesty regarding over reaction to the creeps; please don't let them win!

ATS, can we please have the ignore button back? In a Thread of this nature, it would be very helpful if members could filter and block ass-like comments that only detract and subvert.

I tend to think this is what's really going on, too. The lefties/ Zeitgeisters/ chaos junkies feel an urgent need to silence anyone who dilutes the "opportunity" they're trying to gin up. I am furious that Silent Thunder has been, literally, silenced and all we have left is the media blather, hype, and hysteria. Who benefits?
Springer has a point that quality posts like ST's are an effective antidote, but nobody needs this bs. Life's too short. It's messing up ATS bigtime.

PLEASE bring back the ignore button! How many threads do people blow off entirely because of stuff like this? To the point that this board becomes just another ludicrous cartoon?

Silent Thunder, IF you're still looking in (which I do doubt), thanks again. Another stand up thread from you! Stay safe and Rock On!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Very sad to see you go, ST. God Bless your soul.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hmm my post get whacked for being "off topic" and every post after is off topic but allowed to stay, along with all kinds of name calling. I still havn't seen a mod verify this guy's IP. I guess I'm just suspicious. You sheep continue without me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Hmm my post get whacked for being "off topic" and every post after is off topic but allowed to stay, along with all kinds of name calling. I still havn't seen a mod verify this guy's IP. I guess I'm just suspicious. You sheep continue without me.

From this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/18/2011 by Finalized because: Added pictures

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Welcome back... Im a new member here.. since yesterday.. so i dontknow that you are talking about.. threats and stuff.. i just wish you good luck if you are in japon! stay safe!! God bless! Xoxo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I'm leaving ATS.

Forever.

and there goes another one of the great ATS senior contributers. A sad day indeed

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join