It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Why should they be banned from selling? Because you don't like their prices?

People like you are dangerous. You want to restrict the freedoms of those you disagree with.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's not NUKEPILLS.com that is doing this. It is the resellers that have the same product.
Look more closely to who is actually selling them.

eBay is another story and yes, those guys are puke for taking advantage.
=====================================================
justacip,
So any chance we can get some free samples

Kidding. But can you tell us one thing. Why in hell does the USPS need 1.6 million tablets !

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

we know SMR, we know..but why the hell are you here to defend a company?

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that.
Are you suggesting I bash him anyway, even though he is not at fault ?

Please try and explain, if you can.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Edit, I read that amazon was the criminal here and not the OP company. sorry.
edit on 16-3-2011 by wiredamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
if some idiot 22,000 miles away from japan thinks he is going to get radiation poisoning, then he deserves to get gouged and pay $600 for a pack of iodide pills.

anyone who pays these prices has to much money and to little brain.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justacip

Thank you for providing us with information on what happened. You indicated that you shipped 50,000 tablets to Japan. Was that to the government of Japan, United Nations, the Red Cross, or a similiar type organization?

Not that you have to verify same to us, but providing some additional details on your donation (which was a good thing in my opinion) here on ATS, which has more than 200,000 members from all over the world, would be helpful.

Edit to add: Ok I found the news article here about your donation:

"MOORESVILLE, N.C., March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Approximately 50,000 potassium iodide tablets have been donated by Nukepills.com to Tokushukai Hospital in Tokyo, Japan for immediate distribution to those affected by Japan's nuclear reactor crisis. This effort was facilitated by Dr. Alisa Suzuki Han, Radiologist at Brigham and Women's Hospital, a teaching facility of Harvard Medical School, in Boston, MA. The radiation-blocking drug, currently en route to Japan, will be distributed by the Tokushukai Medical Aid Team. "We are very pleased that these tablets will be given to people directly affected by the nuclear crisis," stated Troy Jones, President of Nukepills.com."

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 3/16/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Ive seen those advertised by nukepills for years and considered buying again for years, just never had the $ to get for everyone ...

So now I see how much of a JERK that person/company is, they have shown their true colors and I hope this story gets out and they never sell another thing.

They pretended to truly care about the safety of people, but all they care about is profit.

Things are changing and stuff like this is not going to fly.

Loved the noodle story btw.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Euww, leave her alone, who are you the seller on that ad? It is CRIMINAL. And her opinion is valid, this is a discussion about price gouging.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
nukepills is not doing any gouging though, it is simple supply and demand and as such the price will go up right now. I will be buying some and I will pay whatever I have to if I see radiation levels go up along the jet stream, if it does not not then I won't buy any. The cost of living is just that, if you pay before you get what you want cheap but if you wait until after you pay more, it has always been this way.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

For it's 750,000 mail carriers plus office people. Waste of money I think, but it was the Iosat manufacturer, Anbex, that made the sale.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by Givenmay

Why should they be banned from selling? Because you don't like their prices?

People like you are dangerous. You want to restrict the freedoms of those you disagree with.

"Oh, shut your fingers up"...you must be one of the people selling it!

I have no care in the world how much people want to sell any other item, and have bought plenty overpriced items off there...but something that is needed to keep someone from getting radiation injury and raising the prices at a time like this is just ridiculous!
I was'nt looking to buy it myself, just to see how much ignorrent people are wanting to pay for it!
I plan on getting it free from the government if needed!

Thank You Antar!

edit on 3/16/2011 by Givenmay because: addition

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am reposting this information. I found this on another forum. Take it for what it is worth. It is not my opinion. I am merely reposting it so that others can be aware of it and make their own judgment call:

posted by dacrunch on the goldismoney2.com forum
03-12-2011 02:33 PM

Re: Questions re: Potassium Iodide

Back when Chernobyl blew, I was listening to a Radio Talk Show doctor... so long ago I've forgotten his name... but he "taught" me something I haven't forgotten. (Edit: Dr Dean Edell - spelling in question)

Essentially:

1) The thyroid gland is a "sponge" for iodine.

2) "Radiation" exposure from a nuke meltdown is mainly "radioactive iodine".

3) If you're exposed to the radioactive iodine, your thyroid gland will "soak it up" and "store it" in your body, thereby increasing risk of all types of ailments... unless...

4) unless your thyroid gland is already saturated with non-radioactive iodine.

5) By the time any Potassium Iodide pills get distributed, it will most likely occur AFTER your exposure to the radiation, so TOO LATE, SUCKER!

6) You need a prescription for Potassium Iodide in regular times, and have to be careful about overuse and kids' dosage etc.

7) There's a much simpler way to deal with this risk prevention: just buy a little bottle of Tincture of Iodine (plain concentrated Iodine) at your local drug store. A couple of bucks.

DO NOT DRINK - POISON

8) If you hear your local nuke is having problems... or that the fallout cloud from a distance might be headed your way, all you have to do is swab a couple square inches of Iodine on your skin (I do it on the sole of the foot). Your body will absorb whatever it needs, and saturate your thyroid gland with "clean" iodine.

DO NOT DRINK - POISON

9) Risks? a) A few people are allergic to iodine. b) It stains the skin for a couple days, and anything it comes into contact with while wet. Careful of spills, you won't get the stain off a marble sink or a porous ceramic tile floor.

DO NOT DRINK - POISON

So, since the 80s, I've always had a bottle of Iodine in my shaving kit. Use it for cuts, scrapes, blisters as a disinfectant. Lasts forever and never has an expiration date... And won't make the Drug Cartel rich...

Cheers

goldismoney2.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I have been growing non GMO food for sale in the spring to help people be more self sufficient.

When this happened, on the 11th, I upped production and started several hundred more plants for people.

I am not in business to be selling food except a small supply in the spring for people locally.

I sell plants, trees and shrubs.

Yet when something this big which may impact people in my country happens, I do what I can which is nothing really in the larger supply and demand framework.

As for pricing, it is not always about supply and demand, it is about integrity and what my priorities are, and that is helping people to be more self sufficient in an extremely volatile time.
Michio Kaku is on TV right now and giving DIRE and horrible worst case scenario!!! This is close to bigger than Chernobyl he said. Breach of containment, explosion and falls apart, death, lives lost, stop using squirt guns on it! use Japanese Military to dump cement and seal it, we are beyond the point of no return, he went on to say!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Supply and demand.

Basic economics.

Unfortunately.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Stop ranting and read the whole story. You might find yourself typing an apology.
Few others have already said they made a mistake blaming them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I now see what they mean about fear-mongering.
Those prices a false. Yes someone is trying to take advantage but there are plenty of other places to buy the chemical for still around 5 bucks

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its expensive outside of japan..where its not needed, to keep the prices down in japan, where it is needed. That is my take on it.
Any sucker sitting in arkansas with a profoundly ignorant understanding of whats going on should get their money taken from them.
While they are at it, they might want to buy some guns...just in case the libyan army comes to their street.

Pray tell...why do you need Potassium Iodine pills? any sensable reason, or are you just trying to dry up the supply so the people in japan can't have it?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Pray tell...why do you need Potassium Iodine pills? any sensable reason, or are you just trying to dry up the supply so the people in japan can't have it?

I live near a nuclear power plant near a fault line (and yes, I have NO idea why so many are on fault lines..., *goes to skunk works*) and after finding out nukes are no longer "invincible" as I naively believed, I don't want to be caught off guard with my pants down.

I'd rather them be high over here and have people in Japan who actually need it to get it, since I know that if a meltdown occurs near me I can drive away from it and make some fair distance-- as I'm not trapped on an island.

Also I'd like to know the manufacturing cost of KI, may explain high prices (if solution was posted earlier I apologize).
edit on 3/16/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
This is unbelieveable! Whatever you do, don't anyone pay that much! We aren't even in danger yet for anything catastrophic occuring. And using liquid iodine will help moderately as long as you let it absorb (perhaps mix with pure human-grade DMSO for better absorption).

KI only protects the thyroid from radioactive iodine, it is not a cure-all for radiation poisoning. Please be safe and All the Best.

Iodine and DMSO can snuff you.

You won't need the Potassium Iodide and the sellers are getting what they can while the panic is on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join