It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We need to pick this up and run with it. I find this past unacceptable. I ordered two Potassium Iodide packets last Saturday. Price has gone from 9.99 per packet to $349.00. Per packet! That's $24.02 per Potassium Iodide pill

Here is my order details:

Order Summary:
Shipping Details : Nukepills
Order #: 002-3793899-7397037
Shipping Method: Standard
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $19.98
Shipping & Handling: $4.95
------
Total for this Order: $24.93

Delivery estimate: March 17, 2011 - March 22, 2011
Shipping estimate for these items: March 14, 2011 - March 15, 2011 2 "losat Potassium Iodide | FDA approved | 14 130mg tablets"
Health and Beauty; $9.99

Here is the email I got this afternoon:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order 002-3793899-7397037 from Nukepills has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

2 of losat Potassium Iodide | FDA approved | 14 130mg tablets
(www.amazon.com...)

New price details

Price at a Glance
List Price: $12.99
New: from $349.00

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They cancelled your order cause they wanted to raise the prices and hoped you'd re-order at the new ones???
Wth is wrong with those people.. sheeesh!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i think that is pure discusting!!!! talk about exploiting!! if the government done that now the very people who are putting up the price will be the very one complaining! it really makes me sick, the people over in japan NEED it, usa and elsewhere DONT need it, the levels are so low it poses no risk to them yet they would rather buy it up and weather they really think it or not they are saying f**k you japan were taking them screw you people.

anyway rant over,
here is a link for you JAPANESE people who cant get anything and please dont waste your money on people exploiting your missfortune, here is a link for some for in around $10....

shop.ebay.ie... ium+Iodide+tablets&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 16/3/11 by scoobyrob because: double post

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just fired off the appropriate literate conversation to Amazon, the FDA our state AG and the BBB.

Oh, this just frosts my butt, it does. 9.99 to 349. And people wonder why I'm so pissed off all the time. The good part is that Nukepills is getting a great mention on the show tonight.

We need more pissed off looking smilies for this one.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You should send those details to a couple of news agencies. They will certainly highlight such gross corporate greed.

That is shocking!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Excellent idea.

I gotta make some calls, send emails.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

this is ridiculous
it's the American way to price gouge when the SHTF.
on the other hand we have Japanese store owners cutting prices so that everyone could afford to try and survive.
a tale of two cultures.

i saw a report of a man in japan who went to buy the last ten bottles of water at a convenience store.
after realizing that by him purchasing all of them, it would not allow other to have water...he put 8 bottles back.

hero

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

I've seen this first-hand also. Amazon's price, on Friday, was very low. Now it's over $300.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Psychology of Fear meets the Economics of Demand....
producing an Inelastic Demand Curve.
edit on 16-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
You should send those details to a couple of news agencies. They will certainly highlight such gross corporate greed.

That is shocking!

Yea what he said that's a great idea!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is ironic that the price gouging is taking place in America where it is not yet needed (hence speculative at the current time even tho the need will be probable) and not in Japan (to my knowledge) where it is definitely needed ASAP.
What does this say about our respective cultures (rhetorical ?)?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What about this jerk on eBay - with a "But it Now!" price of $1299.00/pk!!
eBay - iOSAT - $1299.00/pk

I know eBay is an auction site, but setting the "buy it now" price is so scummy.
edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: 00

link   
I know this might seem a little off topic. Most people here don't condone violence, but this would be the perfect time to start. People that do things like this need to be beaten beyond recognition. It would only have to happen a couple of times before 'they' got the point.

MOTF!

link   
This is unbelieveable! Whatever you do, don't anyone pay that much! We aren't even in danger yet for anything catastrophic occuring. And using liquid iodine will help moderately as long as you let it absorb (perhaps mix with pure human-grade DMSO for better absorption).

KI only protects the thyroid from radioactive iodine, it is not a cure-all for radiation poisoning. Please be safe and All the Best.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

There was a story on CNN about a noodle restaurant owner giving free noodles to all his customers. That is how it should be done, not taking advantage of a disaster.

Though I do think it's unnecessary for people in North America to be buying these pills.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
What about this jerk on eBay - with a "But it Now!" price of $1299.00/pk!!
eBay - iOSAT - $1299.00/pk

I know eBay is an auction site, but setting the "buy it now" price is so scummy.
edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: 00

It's not $1299.99/pack, it's that price for 560 tablets or -40 packs-. Still expensive. $32.50 a pack @_@

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is not a rare supplement. The price will come down when supply channels can get caught up. Once people who are panicking have their supply then the demand will drop precipitously and price levels will readjust, Demand wont go to pre-panic levels tho as people (having seen prices skyrocket) will want to buy some to stock up for possible future use (assuming that we dont need KI in the US any time soon).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by slowisfast

There was a story on CNN about a noodle restaurant owner giving free noodles to all his customers. That is how it should be done, not taking advantage of a disaster.

Though I do think it's unnecessary for people in North America to be buying these pills.

humanity vs. greed.

i'll side with humanity.
thanks for referencing that story.
it's nice to read in times like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join