It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
People are paying because they are afraid. I think you should definitely report this where ever that will listen. Look what I found on ebay--ONE pack:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57301dd9ed92.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 16-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That's Beyond price gouging, its crimInal!!!
Find a little town Pharmacy tucked away somewhere even if you have to drive a distamce.

As far as what was done to the OP, if you keep all the information see if a letter from an attorney won't straighten them out. The price you viewed plus tax, IS the one that applies under any state law.

Also, for the most part, an attorney in your town might be willinhg to help. For nothing or next to nothing. OR go to legal ser
Vices. Also call the bank you did the transaction with and report that company for Fraud.
Or all the above. You will get COMPLIMENTARY pills.
GRATIS

I worked for an ambulance chaser

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What's equally reprehensible are those people in USA who are ordering this stuff when they don't actually need it at all, thereby driving up the price & restricting availability for those people who do genuinely need it.

The OP's supplier, Nukepills, has sold 250,000 of these tablets in the last few days. The order's been cancelled not because they're price gouging, it's because their stocks have been totally exhausted by scaredy cat Americans who honestly seem to think this catastrophe is somehow going to imperil their own health.

Nukepills, to their credit, have donated 50,000 tablets free of charge to the Japanese authorities.

U.S. Drug Stores Report Sudden Increase in Potassium Iodide Sales

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Same thing, they have not sent me my order on Amazon either. I paid 8 dollars total. Same company selling bottles on ebay for 250. Says out of stock now. They have not charged me. Iw ish they would have canceled it rite away, and I could have got it from another seller , who would have sent it already. I really did not forsee
a run on these pills. Now I will have none because of greed.

Those of us in the west coast MAY need it. I have the rite to try to save my life if I have to.
I bought one bottle. I bought it while it was still cheap before ANYONE was even talking about it.

Now I dont get my order and this is from an actual company. Not a private seller that is gouging people .

Urks my hide like no tomorrow.

If my neighbor had no water, I would not charge him 200 bucks a glass, I would GIVE him a glass.
People raising those prices like that is CAUSING panic buying . Kinda like the housing boom. The prices go up,
better get them while you can mentality.

BTW, my supplier was not the same as OP> Mine was a health store.

edit on 16-3-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That is ridiculous, but not totally unexpected. When the "swine flu" scare was going on, people were selling preparedness kits on eBay for hundreds of dollars. They usually just included some N95 masks, hand sanatizer and gloves. Still to change an order after you have placed it seems totally unprofessional, yet maybe there is a clause in the fine print that allows them to do so. I would do as others suggested and contact your local news station, they love stories like this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by billxam

I've seen this first-hand also. Amazon's price, on Friday, was very low. Now it's over $300.

SO,

Not just Amazon, but Ebay too.

I was sick to my stomach when I saw it, in fact liquid kelp bottles went from $8 a bottle to $50 in one day.

Sickening.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here is what is funny, people can actually by it by the pound for much less, on Ebay.

When people find out they are not going to need this, i'll wager the companies that are gouging are going to have some people to answer to.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That's what happens when people panic buy.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So in another thread I mentioned how I accidentally bought 14 lbs of organic kelp powder a few months back.

I paid approximately $4 a pound. I just checked Amazon for the same item.....It is now $27.99 a pound!!!!!

edit on 16-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Capitalism at it's finest is all.

You have the option of never using amazon again.
I ordered a solar panel from them a bit back for $400 and they cancelled my order, i went back to look for the item and it was $700, so much for getting it on sale.
I immediately ordered a comparable one from another vendor, i'm done with amazon...unless it benefits me.
Seriously though, folks in the US shouldn't need tabs.
If ANY radiation gets to the west coast red wine will do more than enough.
There is allot of filtration between Japan and the US.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Wondering why people are buying this crap when it is not needed.
Oh wells

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's ridiculous, but really it's not Amazon's fault as these pills were sold by a 3rd party seller and Amazon bends to the whim of these guys on stuff like this. Frequent deal sites like Slickdeals and you'll see this is nothing new, I still hope it hits the news or someone on Reddit runs with it or something.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
so what - look you obviously don't know what your doing so let me help you. if your really worried about cancer, go to the gym, get a colon cleansing and do a simple liquid diet detox and you'll be a million times better off than ingesting poison.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I to bought 60 Tabs of Potassium Iodide by Source Naturals on Ebay Saturday. They sent me the following email, I have cut and pasted below: I replied that their substitution was unacceptable and if they didn't deliver the product I ordered I would complain to Ebay.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing an order xxxxxx with us.

We are writing to let you know that due to a sudden surge in demand for Potassium Iodide from Source Natural, we and the manufacturer have run out of stock on the product. We currently do not have any ETA for the product you ordered. However, fortunately we have the same product with a similar potency and ingredients with the same effect from a very well known brand (Now foods). We can replace that with your current product, which is out of stock. Any difference in the price will be refunded

Please find the product details for comparison below for both the product.

Ingredients for the Product you ordered from Source Naturals - Serving size- 1 Tablet contains 32.5 mg of Potassium Iodide

Ingredients for the product available from Now foods (180 caps) - Serving size- 1 Tablet contains 99 Mg of Potassium, 5 mg Sodium, 225 mcg of Iodine

Please feel free to email or call us in case of any further questions or concerns. We would really appreciate your prompt response and look forward to fulfill your current needs.

Regards
Customer Service Team
Herbspro
Ph: 510-324-2900
Toll Free: 1-866-915-5300
Fax: 510-324-5300

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ha! Thats who I bough mine from on Amazon when it was cheap!

that replacement is iodine and NOT iodide. It is NOT the same at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I just posted it on my FB to get the word out

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Now please forgive my ignorance, but wont kelp extract tablets be just as effective?. They contain Iodiene in concentrated ammounts. Here in the uk Holland and barret health food supplies sell them cheaply if indeed they do work?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I purchased some Isosat Potassium Iodine pills from CVS on last SATURDAY and got an email yesterday that it was canceled because they ran out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Welcome to supply and demand.

Hopefully it's not a new concept to some.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There's a big difference between [mg] and [mcg] people need to be paying attention to what "recommendations" and "alternative options" they are giving/taking, as If hoarding and price gouging aren't enough of a problem... but hey, panic buying at it's finest.

edit on 16-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join