It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Granted, that is nuts.

On the other hand, amazon has a few others are normal price. I just googled PI pills and they havent went up to anything unreasonable.

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Ha! Thats who I bough mine from on Amazon when it was cheap!

that replacement is iodine and NOT iodide. It is NOT the same at all.
edit on 16-3-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

I think that it is close tho, see :tahomaclinicblog.com...

IODINE, IODIDE, WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? Iodine is a basic element, as are calcium, zinc, oxygen and other elements. The word “iodine” usually refers to two iodine molecules chemically “stuck together” (I2), just as the word “oxygen” usually refers to two oxygen molecules “stuck together” (O2). Since iodine is more reactive, and therefore more likely to cause problems, iodine is usually used as “iodide”, a word which refers to one iodine molecule combined with another molecule such as potassium (KI) or sodium (NaI). In chemical terms, such molecules are called “salts”; the best known salt is sodium chloride (NaCl), a “salt” of chlorine (Cl2).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Whats the big uproar?

People can sell their PI for whatever amount they wish. As for Ebay sales, the one posted on page 2 was an AUCTION.

Nothing criminal nor is there anything wrong with it.

Supply and demand.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

True, nothing "wrong" with KI pills being sold for insane prices to people who are insane enough to buy them. Same people believe they need something that they self-prescribe after reading conspiracy or doom web sites (not this one, I'm thinking of say the crazies who prescribe to the 7 of 10 stuff).

In the USA, we have had above-ground nuclear testing for years in the 40s and 50s. There were some health by-product problems there but the radition released by the above ground tests were far greater than what has left the Japan seaboard. We have nothing to worry about here at this point. If one of the plant's reactors melts down, you get something like Chernobl. There is danger in the 50-mile range around the plant for living conditions following that if it does happen but experts say it is doubtful.

Like someone else here stated, if you want to ward off health effects - get healthy. Stop eating crap, stop smoking and drinking, stop living it up. A daily walk of a few miles can do wonders for your health and life. Eat vegetables, fruits and foods that we naturally ate before the "big conglomerates" came along (like Kraft, Monsanto and others). If you strengthen your body and live like a human and not like a victim - you will have happiness.
edit on 16-3-2011 by bonaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nukepills.com here. First of all, we are NOT selling any product on Amazon OR eBay ANYMORE. So we are not price gouging. Those that are are low-class opportunists praying on the stupid. Attached below is an email received from Amazon (italicized), and our response to them (in bold). After a few back and forth emails (I believe with their automated computer) and unanswered voice messages we had no choice but to cancel pending orders with Amazon. Once we get Iosat back in stock on our website it will sell for $9.99 ea. Like it has for the past 12 years. The following, underlined, is the response we are giving former Amazon customers who email us.

Amazon.com has just put a 30-day suspension/hold on our funds account and our selling ability because they said they need to "investigate" why we all of a sudden have so many orders to fill. They can't seem to grasp that potassium iodide is a hot seller right now and that we are the country’s largest seller. They are refusing to pay us any funds in our seller account, including those from your order. We cannot ship products when Amazon refuses to pay us the money you paid when you placed your order. Unfortunately, this means we have had to cancel your order and all others that Amazon will not pay on. We are sorry this happened. We don't understand Amazon's reasoning in preventing these orders from being completed. Product was in stock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello from Amazon.com.

As part of our ongoing commitment to improving the customer experience on Amazon.com, we are conducting a review of your Amazon.com selling account. During this review your selling privileges will be suspended and your funds will be reserved in your Amazon Payments account for up to 30 days.

Please know this is not necessarily a negative reflection of your selling history. This action is taken regularly on marketplace selling accounts across the Amazon platform, particularly where sales volumes or inventory levels are not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or established sales history. Account reviews may also be the result of increases in negative feedback, chargebacks or A-to-z Guarantee claims received.

During this review we will be evaluating the performance of your account, including customer feedback and A-to-z Guarantee claims received. It is important that you continue to fulfill any orders completed before the removal of your listings, as we will use buyer feedback from your orders as part of the review.

While our review can take as many as 30 days to complete, you may be able to expedite the release of your funds by providing us with the following information:

1. Tracking numbers of items shipped with corresponding Amazon.com order numbers
2. Current retail or online sales channels including links to selling pages
3. Detailed explanation of your business including your source of inventory
4. Amount of inventory you plan to list for sale on Amazon.com and availability of items for delivery

Please e-mail us at [email protected] to provide us with information regarding your seller account. Amazon sellers can confirm shipments in Seller Central or seller account by clicking the "Orders" tab and then clicking "Confirm Shipment" for the orders.

We will evaluate the information that you provide to us and respond accordingly.

You will be notified via e-mail when our account review is complete.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon,

You are withholding our funds because we are doing so much business at the moment. I am the world’s largest retailer of potassium iodide, the radiation drug that everyone is buying because of the Japanese nuclear crisis. I have been in business for 12 years and always have product in stock to fill orders, including that which ships from Amazon sales. If you withhold my funds for any length of time beyond the norm (you state that you will hold for up to 30 days) I will not be able to fill the orders or continue to replenish my stock. NONE of my customers with Amazon at this moment are experiencing “late” shipments. I am making sure of that. I cannot possibly provide you tracking numbers of so many orders nor the other information you demand at such short notice. It is not a requirement of Amazon to do so in the past and I am too busy filling orders to do it now. This is a natural (and man-made) disaster of epic proportions and you are preventing me from getting needed drugs to those in the path of radiation.

If you want to punish retailers of potassium iodide why don’t you suspend the account of sellers that sell ILLEGAL NON-FDA Approved potassium iodide or potassium iodATE on your site (anything that is not Iosat, ThyroShield or ThyroSafe is illegal to sell for radiation exposure. Many of your sellers have received cease and desist letters from the FDA. I can forward those to you). It is against federal law yet you blatantly allow it to happen. I have sent you repeated requests to stop that illegal practice, yet you continue to do so.

Want to see who I am? www.nukepills.com... <www.nukepills.com...>
Or read about me on all the major news sites:
www.msnbc.msn.com...
edition.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.cnbc.com...

Thank you,

Troy Jones

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I reported cgi.ebay.com... to ebay because the seller does not list the uses of the pills or that fact that they can kill you. Got to love ebay...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So in another thread I mentioned how I accidentally bought 14 lbs of organic kelp powder a few months back.

I paid approximately $4 a pound. I just checked Amazon for the same item.....It is now $27.99 a pound!!!!!

edit on 16-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

I just realized that I should stock up on my Aji Nori Furikake (I put it on everything) and dried seaweed I use in my Miso soup. So I beg to question, from now on are we to second guess and be suspicious of any food products that come from Japan? Nuclear meltdowns suck!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good! Glad to see a thread on this!..... everyone should post a link to those price gouging criminals, maybe post their real names too.... The world needs to know who, and what these scum bags are doing...
edit on 16-3-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
reply to post by justacip

just a cip,
you registered to post this?
snip you and your company, your potasium selling vampire company is only thinking about your snip business. I hope you will snip to the hell where true radiation without your snip potasium surrounds all your snip body and mind.

edit on 16-3-2011 by deccal because: (no reason given)

A quick look at their site tells me they are not the problem and the prices look normal.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This what they call... "economy"...pfffff

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Troy,

Welcome to ATS and thank you for posting your situation.

It appears from what you have written that the people selling your product, or resellers have price gouged and not your company.

You have to understand people on ATS will follow up to see exactly who is gouging and report back on ATS, because our motto on ATS is to "Deny Ignorance".

If it should turn out that it was Amazon allowing secondary resellers to gouge, then your company will hold allot of credibility, in many ATS members eyes.

Sincerely,

RT

Originally posted by justacip
Nukepills.com here. First of all, we are NOT selling any product on Amazon OR eBay ANYMORE. So we are not price gouging. Those that are are low-class opportunists praying on the stupid. Attached below is an email received from Amazon (italicized), and our response to them (in bold). After a few back and forth emails (I believe with their automated computer) and unanswered voice messages we had no choice but to cancel pending orders with Amazon. Once we get Iosat back in stock on our website it will sell for $9.99 ea. Like it has for the past 12 years. The following, underlined, is the response we are giving former Amazon customers who email us.

Thank you,

Troy Jones

edit on 16-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
meh

for $600

I'll just go into the hospital and pay my deductible

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

sorry but i dont care,
should i care? no..
i think they are one of the companies who wants to benefit from all spreading blood. i know this is the way of our times, true age of vampires.
sorry i will go know and let you alone in your harmonious blood sucking society..
but till the sun rises..till the sun rises...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This makes me totally sick, saw on Ebay lastnight how high it was and thought this should be reported!
I would rather die, then pay that amount to people who are so selfish and inconsiderate, they should all be banned from selling again!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
meh

for $600

I'll just go into the hospital and pay my deductible

Wow $600 deductibles still exist, mine is $6000, no lie.

I think if think if the prices remain reasonable, and around $9.99 then people will gladly pay for some peace of mind, but I feel what your saying. when it gets into the hundreds of dollars, then many people won't be able to afford them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Supply and demand at it's finest.

The best part of it all, however, is the pills aren't even gonna do anything.
It's the modern day version of "duck and cover."
I guess technically, if you use them immediately after receiving radiation,
your chances of survival will increase by like .000001%,
so hey if you have the money to spend, go for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for your response. It should be known that I don't own the Iosat or ThyroShield brand. I am just a distributor like everyone else. The difference is that for the past 12 years I have been willing to buy $100,000 of potassium iodide at a time in order to get the absolute best price on the product. Then I wholesale it and retail with a fair mark-up. I certainly wouldn't have canceled 880 PAID-FOR guaranteed Amazon orders (worth tens of thousands of dollars - multi pack orders) in order to find a person stupid enough to spend $400 on a pack of pills. Why would I give up thousands to make a few hundred? Makes no sense. If you go on Amazon you WILL see an image of Nukepills.com superimposed one of the packs. But that image was just snatched off my website. I hope your readers will do the research to find and OUT the companies who are price gouging. After all, why would I donate and ship 50,000 tabs ($35,000 retail value) to Japan on Monday and then try to gouge anyone. See story here: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a fascinating thread!!!!!

Not because of the subject matter found within, but because it's so instructive concerning how humans will interact with one another under certain conditions.

ATS is such an AMAZING petri dish!

edit on 16-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Seriously man?

"Elementary, my dear Watson. Elementary."

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join