It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Without getting off too far off topic, I visited the link and was appalled. 12 pages of 'armchair experts' declaring the whole tsunami was fake because the shadows aren't right and the water is CGI etc. The idiots are claiming all the images we are seeing are computer simulations

Grrr sorry...back to topic

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by billxam
I ordered two Potassium Iodide packets last Saturday. Price has gone from 9.99 per packet to $349.00.

Anyone silly enough to run out to buy it deserves to be ripped off. Just what did you intend to do with it?

They're gonna try to thwart radioactive iodine accumulation in their thyroids from a radiation that originated 4000 miles away that crossed and diffused throughout the entire Pacific Ocean, and probably give themselves hypothyroidism.

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Just what did you intend to do with it?

What do you think he intended to do with it ... draw smiley faces on them and enter an art contest

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hi!

In my country you can buy this substance in powder form in a pharmacy. I'm not sure I can send it by mail though...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
what gets me is that the government will pay for an unwanted HDTV converter box, they will subsidize vaccines for our kids, they will foot the bill for fluoride, but if something risks keeping your thyroid from absorbing radiation, they don't. it's a wicked world, almost make you at peace with the idea of leaving it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Unless you live within 200 miles of the reactors in Japan using the pills do you no good. They can cause problems such as Hypothyroidism, nausea, vomiting, etc. The pills should only be used when in direct contact with large amounts of radiation. They fill the Throid full of Iodine which leaves no room for Radioactive Iodine to be absorbed by the Thyroid. If the radiation reaches the United States or Hawaii it will be very diluted and not even close to enough of a large dose to cause any health problems. People from the Western U.S. who are ordering these pills are going to end up costing lives in Japan because there will be none available for them. Please don't listen to media hype and fearmongering and do the research and get the proper facts.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
what gets me is that the government will pay for an unwanted HDTV converter box, they will subsidize vaccines for our kids, they will foot the bill for fluoride, but if something risks keeping your thyroid from absorbing radiation, they don't. it's a wicked world, almost make you at peace with the idea of leaving it.

My thoughts as well. I would almost welcome the idea. Just refuse to make it easy for TPTB.

Dictating from that frame of mind. I will fight until I begin to decay.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Very true. Good post.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzGuy
reply to post by pshea38

Without getting off too far off topic, I visited the link and was appalled. 12 pages of 'armchair experts' declaring the whole tsunami was fake because the shadows aren't right and the water is CGI etc. The idiots are claiming all the images we are seeing are computer simulations

Grrr sorry...back to topic

This is not the claim. Critical analysis is made of many of the images released and most are deemed to have been faked. This is not to say that there wasn't an earthquake or subsequent tsunami, just that for whatever reason proven faked images are being broadcast to the public. Maybe the whole situation isn't as bad as the powers that be want us to believe it is. Their terrorism card is wearing very thin on most people and maybe a change of emphasis will snap us back into blind submission. It seems to be working.....
I can assure you that these people are not idiots, quite the opposite in fact. They would rightly give you and your mis-representating kind short shrift. But you carry on regardless.

For Others, please go through the link and come to your own conclusions

www.cluesforum.info...
edit on 17-3-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I thought this might help anyone in the states that is unable to get these tablets...

The daily dose of potassium iodide (KI) for thyroid blocking is 130 mg per day for up to two weeks. This equates to 96 mg of iodine (I). Iodized salt contains about 0.085 mg of KI per gram of salt (according to the Morton Salt Company). To get the I equivalent of a 130 mg KI pill would require the ingestion of 1,529 grams of salt which would most likely be fatal. According to research by Health Physicist Ken Miller, Hershey Medical Center, a person can get a blocking dose of iodine by painting 8 ml of either tincture of iodine or providone iodine (betadine) scrub on the forearm daily.

William Kirk, PhD, CHP
Pennsylvania Bureau of Radiation Protection

www.hps.org...

Im not very good at finding things in the US as I am based in the UK but over here tincture of iodine is around a £1 per 25ml and betadine is around £5 per 100ml. It can be bought off the shelve of any UK pharmacy so I would expect this to be available elsewhere as well.

Hope this helps.

edit on 17-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Hold on there just a minute. I live 36 miles away from Fermi 2. It was a case of "while I'm thinking about it" for our trauma bag. Anyways, I ranted about it on the show for 10 minutes or so before I lost it and called an end to the travesty.

As I said during my monologue, the people of Japan have showed their class by not rioting, price gouging and/or beating each other up for a bottle of water. They put it back on the shelf for another to buy. I doubt that the people that actually need the Iodide tablets are paying 2,694% over list. The Michigan AG office agreed with me and took the complaint that I filed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This makes me sick. When the killer virus strikes, I will have the antidote and I will specifically screen for these price gougers. They will die the death they deserve. Bunch of bastards. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now we see it happen on a small scale, imagine if corporations did it on a large scale, and they do!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If you feel the need to have KI, then buy Morton's iodized salt. They have plenty of potassium iodide in it. make a large soup and eat it once a day if you feel the need to. Don't fall for the tricks of these nasty price gougers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I know this might seem a little off topic. Most people here don't condone violence, but this would be the perfect time to start. People that do things like this need to be beaten beyond recognition. It would only have to happen a couple of times before 'they' got the point.

MOTF!

there would be another to replace the sleez ball, its the culture ....... its in every aspect of american culture and others ...... TH with the guy next door mentalaty..........

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm no expert here , but isn't just rolling up a peice of bread into a dough ball and dipping it in regular Iodine fro the chemist or supermarket just as efective?

If it comes to the point where the US needs protection , I'd go with that rather than make some greedy sod wealthy beyond comprehension. Odds are, if it dose get bad, the guy seling it will be just as likely to die as the rest of you, so all that $$ vwill do him no good anyway.

He should be linched!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Freak 'em out and call in some martial law?? I am wrecked about the price of these pills ... I'm not planning on purchasing any ... I made it through a 1966 Chinese nuclear explosion accident, Three Mile Island and Gernobyl. Radioactive clouds from Gernobyl circled the globe 3 times ... well, we're still here and healthy.

These pills only protect against ONE of the radioactive materials ... I guess 1 out of 4 protection is better than none, huh?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
And we wonder why our Planet is in such a sorry state !!

Fear has caused the masses to purchase Potassium Iodide whether they need it or not, and suppliers are seeing an opportunity to create wealth.....Greed !

Greed has created more fear and a snow ball effect which has made something which can be so naturally and easily available to become such a highly sought after commodity..... creating more fear and greed from the masses !

Even when the most horrible catastrophes we can imagine are in our face, many of our species only think of themselves and or their glorious golden bank accounts !

What about those that really need these tablets and can't get any because some have them that don't need them because their fearful ?

And what about the others that need them and wont be able to afford them because there is profit to be made from the Greedy souls who don;t care about anyone but their bank account and the suffering of others ?

I so wish these people would wake the hell up and realise that without a planet their money is nothing but the ash which will be left behind from their fear mongering and greed.

Reading this post makes me almost as sick as all the SHTF ATM barf:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join