It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communicating with a 'Shadow Person'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mertez
reply to post by shamaniski

I didn't invite anything in, in fact, I want to be rid of it. And since when is meditation New Age?

Tell it to go away, and it should leave you alone, but its probably there for the same reason you are meditating, experimenting.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
STOP MEDITATING YOU IDIOT!! You are being possessed by evil spirits. Stop inviting them in. Fool. You really think they want to help you? Stupid new age garbage.... I blame Mr. Crowley.

Couldnt have said it any better.

Yes! Run! Be afraid of the unknown! Live in the darkness your entire life. Good plan *Thumbs up*.

*Thumbs down*.

These people speak as if they know everything about the other side. Well, I don't say anything with %100 validity, but, I can %100 promise you, they don't know sh*t. Nobody does. Explore. Pass on any information you gather

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I would think that you wanting to learn more about it, is the invitation it needs..

I get a sense it is toying with you and maybe feeding from your energy..

although It hasn't injured you yet in any known way, so far...

I have seen the hooded figures before when waking up in sleep paralysis.. It always made me force myself to wake up.. It rarely happens these days, but I have been able to see my room with my eyes completely closed many times.. I have never liked the experiences and felt they were not going to be good, so I have sort of self hypnotized a suggestion to myself to "wake up quickly" when the process starts, or waking up in the middle of a sleep paralysis situation..

Now when it happens I can snap out of it within 5 seconds or so. Waking up then feels like it has turned off and all is normal again..

I also get the distinct feeling that because I can shut down the whole thing, that I am not a good choice for being targeted.. As if there really is something observing and trying to "make stuff happen" as if it is making something mad...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I would think that you wanting to learn more about it, is the invitation it needs..

I get a sense it is toying with you and maybe feeding from your energy..

although It hasn't injured you yet in any known way, so far...

I have seen the hooded figures before when waking up in sleep paralysis.. It always made me force myself to wake up.. It rarely happens these days, but I have been able to see my room with my eyes completely closed many times.. I have never liked the experiences and felt they were not going to be good, so I have sort of self hypnotized a suggestion to myself to "wake up quickly" when the process starts, or waking up in the middle of a sleep paralysis situation..

Now when it happens I can snap out of it within 5 seconds or so. Waking up then feels like it has turned off and all is normal again..

I also get the distinct feeling that because I can shut down the whole thing, that I am not a good choice for being targeted.. As if there really is something observing and trying to "make stuff happen" as if it is making something mad...

You should entertain the idea that maybe what makes the feeling that things "are not going to be good", is your fear of the unknown. I'm not saying thats what it is, but people jump to the assumption much too quickly that being from "the other side" are here to hurt us.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I totally agree,

The feeling I get is definitely some fear of the unknown.. I can't seem to shake this.. I have tried to just relax and see what happens, but all that happens is my heart rate suddenly jumps way up and I feel adrenaline, My only choice then is to break out of it.

When I was in my teens in the '70's these episodes happened a lot more and I can remember being pulled from my body just a few feet and then pinned to the floor very strongly by something.. I think this is what got me conditioned to the fear response.. It only lasted until I force myself awake. But I remember fully like it was an obe.

I have also been physically pulled off the bed, sheets, blankets and all once.. And another time I awoke in that paralysis mode and felt like I was on a merry-go-round with a lot of centrifugal force and then the force actually threw me off the bed and accross the room while still firmly clutching the bed covers..

I just laughed at whatever it was and said "get out" just in case, but I have no real knowledge of anything being there and causing it..I didn't feel an immediate close proximity entity or anything.. It felt like whatever it was was behind some barriers, but I of course don't know for sure..

Nothing like that has happened in 35+ years, (thankfully)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've had some experience communicating with the shadowy fellows. There was even one I met and cultivated something like a friendship with, even knowing what "he" called himself, although he doesn't fit the criteria for a typical shadow person. From my experiences, it seems like they and other extraplanar entities communicate best through packets (in the internet sense) of information which form a complete concept, down to the emotional level. It takes a good deal of inner training to successfully and completely decode that information, and more to encode information in a similar way and "say" it to who you want to communicate with. But after the point of mastery, it becomes a form of communication that works better than anything we've got in this realm. Do not overuse it, because you can get something like an addiction to that form of interaction, and wanting to have that depth with another human who does not have the same ability can be incredibly disheartening and damaging to the relationship.

I have no in-depth instruction on how to learn that, as I was taught by my shadow friend and I've always failed hard with explaining it with words... some things don't translate well. If you're interested in learning that method of communication and are experienced at meditation and inner work, start by trying to sense more than the feelings and vibes you get when talking with the entity. When you've mastered that and want to move on to broadcasting, start with simple things like your office chair, a specific smell, a word or sentence's concept, a sound, a feeling, etc, adding more information as you go along until you can successfully encode and transmit the concept you intend to send. I've had some success with my student using those methods, though progressing to the point of consistently decoding even emotional information has taken about two years with him.

Oh, and I'm crazy, amongst other things, and I know it lol... but I've learned to tell the difference between Crazy Stuff and Real Stuff, and I believe you when you say it's real, because I believe me when I say it's real.

Good luck, and don't do anything silly.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
UPDATE (for those who are interested): I communicated with it again. I started to feel vibrations in my feet. This time, it took me out of my body and started dragging me across the floor, one limb at a time. It dragged me in front of my pet cat...I'm not sure why. I just said "That's my cat..." and moved me somewhere else, in front of something I couldn't make out, and whispered "*indistinct*, Did you always know I was here on Earth?", for some reason, I made a stupid response and said "You were never here on Earth?". Then I was put back in my bed.

While last night, I was sleeping, I had a dream my friend (who's a pianist, I also play piano btw) thought I was a demon, and I thought he was crazy lol. He made a strange song that was supposed to ward away evil spirits. He started to get more and more angry at me, so I tried to open my bedroom window, and squeeze through it as he was hitting me while I was trying lol. I'm not sure if that means anything.

*Also, I going to continue to communicate with this thing, since I don't have much to lose anyways, and everyone else on the planet is just too darn scared of them. So, why not uncover the mystery of these shadow people, and why they are here?
edit on 15-3-2011 by Mertez because: *

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First and foremost, i could not disagree more with the people that are describing your experiences as mental illness or results of a crazy drug trip. What you are seeing is absolutely real. ..a half blessing and half curse.Secondly, i have recently stopped using sage and smudging my home because it seemed to anger these entities and the amount of activity would drastically increase.i have tried eveeything ftom holy warer, frankinscense and myrrh, to salts and virgin olive oil. What i am getting at it that some locations are going to be active no matter what. My concern would be the interference in your space durring meditation. That to me is grounds for confrontation. Without being rude i would demand my space back explain that you would like to hear what thet have to say however this is not an appropriate time. Just like real people there must be boundaries set. Period. If the confrontations get more negative please consider finding a new place to meditate or even reside. I feel your pain, we are moving in may fot the same reason.
take.care. And stay vigilant.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

Thanks for your comment. One obvious way I know I am not crazy is that I only see these things when waking up from sleep, or while I attempt to meditate. Plus, there are other things associated with schizophrenia, psychosis, ect, that I definitely do not have. Not to mention, the google results for these experiences describe almost the exact same thing regarding these things.

I do not plan on using drugs like marijuana, because for one, I'm severely asthmatic. And while I still think these drugs might turn something on in your brain so you can have paranormal experiences, they also cause too many other health problems to be worth trying. Plus it just ruins any of your credibility.

The more I'm around this thing, the less I understand it. I do not think it's evil. I think they're simply misunderstood, and the black just makes them look menacing. I've tried everything from praying to smudging. It's not leaving. My experiences seem to be getting a little more positive, and I feel more comfortable around it.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Mertez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good on that. It is strange though because I am noticing myself that my normal fear of dealing with them is starting to lessen. Normally i had gotten pretty freaked out because of my lack of control in situations with them. Whether they are lower vibrational, ie negative or not it seems as if their power grows when they induce fear. However in a sleep state and being overcome by a dark figure, who in their right mind wouldnt be scared. A few months ago i was going to sleep and in what I call in between land, psycholgists call the hypnogogic state and i got attacked. I knew this was not a normal shadow person, much more sinister. I started crying and praying, outloud i guess to the point that my husband literally had to shake me awake. When i calmed down he told me that my hands were being held above,my head at the wrist and my legs were crossed at the ankle in the same way like i was being held down. Freaky stuff so please be careful because there are fine lines between neutrality and negative and shadow people and demons

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

You can't rule out the possibility that there may be different kinds. People report hooded ones, hatted ones, wispy ones, and even 2d ones (probably just an optical illusion), and ones with and without red eyes. They're nature is varied as well from friendly to malevolent. One interesting encounter with it, I assumed it was a lost ghost who had to move on. I asked it to "Go toward the light, and the truth" among other things...I got a feeling that it was impressed with what I had said, and I had a lifted feeling in my heart, but then the mood slowly went back to a neutral feeling.

One other thing is that many ghosts and spirits look one way on lower dimensions than they do on the higher.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would like to ask if more of the people seeing these ''shadow people'' have cats.
Because today i thought about it, and, i think this being is the cat its self.
I was even going to ask you the same thing, and you already wrote you had a cat.

So...?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Agreed, especially when you consider the following,
We have not even begun to figure out how 100% of the human brain works, We have not seen the entire bottom of any if not all of the oceans, no man or rov has ever made it to the bottom of lake tahoe alive and returned etc. that being said, how in the heck can man know all that resides in other dimensions. Plus,add in the factor of differing povs from different experiences. I know, lets make a dichotomas key for all the dimensions. Lol ok im thru. Woot woot nerd alert. Thank you for the great thread, I enjoyed it thoughly..peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EluThingol

My cat is a calico. She has a green cone on her head because she has a skin condition right now. Plus she was awake drinking her water as soon as I got up, so I don't think it was her. I've also seen her a couple times while meditating, she usually peaks around the corner with a deer and headlights look. Once she tried to slowly walk toward me, but she ripped down the hall as soon as I got up lol. Pets are funny.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I didnt have a cat.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mertez

What i am telling you here comes from a book titled, Astral Dynamics
Hello,

I have researched extensively on the experience known as an OBE. These shadow people, unfortunately, may appear to some as they try and ascend into the next vibrational realm. These shadow people loom in the area that is between our reality and this new realm of spirits, known as the astral dimemsion.

These shadow people WILL target newcomers trying to ascend and latch into them as they ascend to the astral dimensions. You need to be strong with these figures my friend. The next time you see one of these people , you need to manifest strong thoughts kindly telling them to leave you alone. Something along the lines of, " Leave me be spirit! My business here is not with you, and I will not stand for this. Be gone immediately!!!! I do not wish to see you ever again." keep in mind hay you must be authoritative and show NO fear whatsoever. Only then will these spirits obey your commands.

The weaker and by far the most common types of astral wildlife, those responsible for the majority of elemental and dweller-type scare attacks seem to have little power of their own.These are fairly weak, timid creatures and their appearance is always a greatly exaggerated illusion. They generally avoid direct encounters with projectors, and usually beat a hasty retreat whenever approached by a projector with firm or confrontational attitude. Most negative entities dislike direct attention and actively avoid being seen.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It may be silent or it may breathe heavily and loudly.It may snarl,growl, giggle, or laugh. it may even speak and order you back into your body,often by name. it may threaten you with doom and gloom if you continue with your projection. The classic dweller monster(as they are know by the community) never attacks or harms a projector....It is an illusion. It should be confronted and ordered away, or totally ignored, or both. My best advice is to be brave, march right up to it, glare at it, and as loudly as you can order it to # off! Then, turn around and leave the area, totally ignoring it from then on.

Even if deep inside some genuine fear is felt, it is strongly advised not to allow it to surface in the conscious mind. Be positive and brave and act as If you are totally fearles.Face the unknown out of body environment bravely. If you cannot do this, you really should not be projecting.s
reply to post by TruthTakesTime

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You might be right, except I think it might avoid being seen because it knows it's appearance is unnerving. When I ask to see it, it's more than happy to show itself. I've noticed when I feel more afraid around it, it appears to be more black and dense, but when I feel a bit more positive, it looks more translucent and gray with a wavyness effect to it. This is why I'm undecided on their nature, because fear is what makes you descend in the astral realm and the environment gets darker, love raises you, and things appear to be more bright, so maybe they can't help their appearance from the lower vibrational observation. Does this make sense? This is one of my current theories...but I'm still confused.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You will damage yourself mentally and spiritually if you allow this spirit to keep tormenting you. This, I promise you. I know you think it may be a benevolent entity, you are mistaken my friend. These are not my words, please do some investigation of your own if you decide to continue with this. Your google search should include, OBE, shadow, dweller, fear, darkness. I can only hope you listen to me, best of luck to you and your journey.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your concern. I am being careful, but not as careful as I could be, but this is the only way to know what they are. It is taking a lot of guts! I don't doubt these things might be demons, but I'm leaning toward the possibility of them simply being avatars of different types of beings, completely different in nature. Like I said in an earlier post, this may not be their real appearance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join