It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I wish all of you would stop the pissing contest over who gave what. I was in NOLA before and after Katrina Hit!! Not a damn one of the evacuees saw a cent of any of that donated money. FEMA did. The federal Government did. Louisiana received only a portion. At the end of the day, we did not care about money. We the people of Louisiana with the help of hundreds of Canadian volunteers, among others gave them something no amount of money could...Hope. I mention the Canadians only because when I was in N.O. Natchitoches, aside from my fellow Louisianians, I only saw Canadian vests and jackets.

If anyone would not give of their time and talents, if they were able to, to assist the victims, then keep your wallet and your mouth shut. Nobody wants your pity, guilty conscience, or whatever the case may be.

Just for the record, It wasn't Bush's fault, It was Ray Nagin's fault. He was told 3 days before it hit it was coming and New Orleans has an evac plan in place for such catastrophe, but he decided we could wait it out. Of course you wont hear that, but as a former resident, I know it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I wish all of you would stop the pissing contest over who gave what. I was in NOLA before and after Katrina Hit!! Not a damn one of the evacuees saw a cent of any of that donated money. FEMA did. The federal Government did. Louisiana received only a portion. At the end of the day, we did not care about money. We the people of Louisiana with the help of hundreds of Canadian volunteers, among others gave them something no amount of money could...Hope. I mention the Canadians only because when I was in N.O. Natchitoches, aside from my fellow Louisianians, I only saw Canadian vests and jackets.

If anyone would not give of their time and talents, if they were able to, to assist the victims, then keep your wallet and your mouth shut. Nobody wants your pity, guilty conscience, or whatever the case may be.

Just for the record, It wasn't Bush's fault, It was Ray Nagin's fault. He was told 3 days before it hit it was coming and New Orleans has an evac plan in place for such catastrophe, but he decided we could wait it out. Of course you wont hear that, but as a former resident, I know it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
46ACE

And its plain to see the wonderful shape we are in because of "me first" predatory business...
Momma ever tell you:" not everything that goes through your mind needs to come out of your mouth"?
Charlie Sheen's a complete azzhat "winning"....

came here for a quick brain diversion from a project.... big mistake.
They are reporting yet another explosion at fukushina 1820 cst ( I've lost count).

Business practices are business practices because they make money, plain and simple. If you haven’t seen it at the box office MARS NEEDS MOMS. Do us all a favor and go help them out.

bhornbuckle75

Well the title of this thread is poorly worded (in the sense that it is extremely insensitive)...yet there is a certain amount of raw logic to the Idea. One cultures disaster has often been another ones time of triumph....and if not us then someone like China may beat us to it. Still, to be honest I think that this is going to hurt us far too much than for us to start thinking about how we can benefit from it. Japan was one of the Richest Countries in the world with HEAVY ties to America, which went both ways. We will be hurt from this....likely badly.

That was a product of design. If I worded it as: I LOVE ALL OF JAPAN AND WANT TO REBUILD THEIR GREAT CULTURE BUT I WANT YOU TO READ MY THREAD AND TALK ABOUT HOW WE CAN PROSPER OFF THEIR DEVISTATION, I don’t think you would have read it. You got what you paid for. Good recovery afterwards though. Deserves a Star!

Perplexity

And this isn't just "American greed" companies all over the world foam at the mouth any time a natural disaster strikes because they know they can somehow spin it into profit or good exposure, wake the hell up please.

Now they come out of the woodwork. Thank you!

PaganArchangel

Say what you mean and
Mean what you say.
No back-pedaling.
If you meant Example A, that's one thing...
If you meant Example B, you probably ought to expect to get zingers backatcha.....

What is this a kids topic, Horton? Let me know where I backpedaled and I will quickly correct the error.

redoubt

I hope you are not American. That would just break my heart.

Back at ya brah.

kauskau

u should be banned here

Hrmph, and I thought 1 line posts would get you banned *shrug*

abaraikenshi

I'm with the OP on this one, it makes sense, it allows for prosperity for those who try. I would take advantage of it, if it gets me ahead of the rest of the general population. Don't get my words twisted, what happened in Japan is sad and tragic, but the Earth is still spinning, babies are being born, people die...Yup, life is still moving on for the rest of us.

A breath of fresh air.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmeriCanadian
reply to post by Cuervo

That changes nothing. They are still normally among the top three worldwide contributors in natural disasters. If the recipients of well-intended funds squander it away, that is not their fault.

While I salute your physical efforts, don't discount the rest of us with our monetary contributions. How do you think you got there to help? Did you hitch hike? I'm sure somebody donated money or taxes to pay for your trip there so you could help. Both aspects of disaster relief is welcome.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
HeadOn

I have nothing against stone cold business, but this goes a step to far. And as I stated before, Japan bring more money in as an ally than as a crippled and broken country....
Oh and hey! Good news for the heartless business man who like to make money over a crippled country:
It seems that THERE IS a radioactive leak, a big one. So enjoy all your quick and easy money and keep on ruining this world.

Why does this go a step to far? We are all going to deal with the nuclear fallout.

MidnightTide

North Americans have become complacent on having the government taking care of them, as a culture we have grown lazy (not all, but a significant portion) Yes, we need to regain the drive to innovate and create something that people around the world want.

Thumbs up!

PaganArchangel

Forget about China manipulating the currency - they've been doing that all along- nothing new.

True? True. True!

aorAki

How do you reconcile these statements?

If they had the 'American Work Ethic', surely they would get jobs anyway rather than sitting on their butts?

It took me years of doing jobs I didn't like before I got the one I wanted. I wasn't going to sit on my butt (arse) and say "waah waah, there's no job for me, I'm too good to do anything else".

I don’t condone it and if it was me I would be flipping burgers. Everything is an experience and everything adds to your credibility or detracts from it. Think about it.

PaganArchangel

However, agreeing or not agreeing with the topic is kind of beside the point here....people disagree with OPs all the time here. It was the way he presented the topic that was the issue. There are ways to make money in a disaster and there are ways to gouge people to make money in a disaster and he made no differentiation between the two when he opened the topic. Personally, i was just trying to figure out which one he was talking about. He claims to be in his 20's...very often when one is that young they do not think before they speak and then are suprised when a Freak-Out happens..
I was there once (30 years ago, lol)

Unfortunately, I did think about this one first. I like the blanket of deniability though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We all need to make money, but the OP was structured such that we can all tell you don't care about helping suffering people enough to even work that into your business plan. That highlights your lack of ethics and frankly, how could you expect a community of posters to react any differently?

We all know good business means someone loses and someone wins, but this is 'good business' at its most extreme. Just seems it's a fix for an addiction to power, however fleeting.

I sincerely hope more people wake up to what's really important in life before they are on their death bed, wondering what all that money really got them.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Tarrok because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

I dont even think Im right, but should that stop me from thinking?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

you can't eat money.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not at all, the economic situation in the US is very dire, but the only way I see that problem being solved is to stop the game of hot potato being played in politics. No one wants to take responsibility, everyone plays the blame game and no meaningful reform is being done because all of them have their head in the sand. It will take a collapse of the dollar to wake them up, just like the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima is igniting talk about discontinuing the use of nuclear power.

Change is not wanted in business and in politics which has intertwined itself with corporations and profits. Change only happens when something goes horribly wrong. The people are the ones to suffer when we reach those breaking points.

Any global economic disadvantage currently held by Japan due to this crisis will be short term. Locally, it's an emotional shock and while businesses were destroyed there, I highly doubt there's much room for foreigners to move in.

What do I suggest? Honestly, apart from possibly making money for yourself, you can't do anything for the US economy as a whole unless there's an honest and organized revolution, either political or popular, to change the machinations at the federal level. I suspect that's on the way, the states are going bankrupt and the fed can't cover things up much longer.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I feel that the world is run by psychopaths, as a requirement of the person who attempts to undertake these jobs. I think many of these people made a conscious shift in their priorities that resulted in a trade off of emotional intelligence & spiritual maturity for the skills & mindset that enables them to do well at their jobs & achieve grand affluence.

These people traded in their souls for material wealth.

btw i'm agnostic at best, I follow no doctrine so don't scratch this up to a case of religious nuttery.

It's hard for those who haven't walked their path to understand or rationalise anything these people say because.....

well I'll let bill hicks say it for me, he does it more justice.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

This line of thinking is exactly why the world (Mother nature aside) is in the current state of decay that it is Ladies and Gentleman.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

Smart response-- I enjoyed your contribution. People just dont know how to react is my concern.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

That is the exact reason yet I dont understand your reason. Care to elaborate?

Yikes, I just looked at the stars distributed on this first page of this topic and I am sickened. Please read before you star and flag, i dont expect anything but the non-thinkers that were encouraged makes me sick. Obviously my topic subject line made some angry but why?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The US is about to be pummeled by a deadly cloud of fallout and all food crops, industry and most of your people will die horrible deaths...!!

NOW, People of the world is the time to invade the United States and WIN..!!!

Not very nice to be on the recieving end is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Americans who fail to see that this can happen to them are deluded.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
CARPE INDUSTRIACARPE INDUSTRIA

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
46ACE

And its plain to see the wonderful shape we are in because of "me first" predatory business...
Momma ever tell you:" not everything that goes through your mind needs to come out of your mouth"?
Charlie Sheen's a complete azzhat "winning"....

came here for a quick brain diversion from a project.... big mistake.
They are reporting yet another explosion at fukushina 1820 cst ( I've lost count).

Business practices are business practices because they make money, plain and simple. If you haven’t seen it at the box office MARS NEEDS MOMS. Do us all a favor and go help them out.

bhornbuckle75

Well the title of this thread is poorly worded (in the sense that it is extremely insensitive)...yet there is a certain amount of raw logic to the Idea. One cultures disaster has often been another ones time of triumph....and if not us then someone like China may beat us to it. Still, to be honest I think that this is going to hurt us far too much than for us to start thinking about how we can benefit from it. Japan was one of the Richest Countries in the world with HEAVY ties to America, which went both ways. We will be hurt from this....likely badly.

That was a product of design. If I worded it as: I LOVE ALL OF JAPAN AND WANT TO REBUILD THEIR GREAT CULTURE BUT I WANT YOU TO READ MY THREAD AND TALK ABOUT HOW WE CAN PROSPER OFF THEIR DEVISTATION, I don’t think you would have read it. You got what you paid for. Good recovery afterwards though. Deserves a Star!

Perplexity

And this isn't just "American greed" companies all over the world foam at the mouth any time a natural disaster strikes because they know they can somehow spin it into profit or good exposure, wake the hell up please.

Now they come out of the woodwork. Thank you!

PaganArchangel

Say what you mean and
Mean what you say.
No back-pedaling.
If you meant Example A, that's one thing...
If you meant Example B, you probably ought to expect to get zingers backatcha.....

What is this a kids topic, Horton? Let me know where I backpedaled and I will quickly correct the error.

redoubt

I hope you are not American. That would just break my heart.

Back at ya brah.

kauskau

u should be banned here

Hrmph, and I thought 1 line posts would get you banned *shrug*

abaraikenshi

I'm with the OP on this one, it makes sense, it allows for prosperity for those who try. I would take advantage of it, if it gets me ahead of the rest of the general population. Don't get my words twisted, what happened in Japan is sad and tragic, but the Earth is still spinning, babies are being born, people die...Yup, life is still moving on for the rest of us.

A breath of fresh air.

No Horton here, young man..

The Chinese have been dinking around with the currency long before you were alive - I know because I was around.
What the Japanese do, they do well, and there is no taking back anything. Instead of trying to "take back" something you never will, grow something NEW. You implied in one of your previous posts that you didn't want to encourage the type of postings that you were getting.
Well, perhaps you should have thought more about your delivery.
Don't frame a topic in a controversial light and then try to soften the edges a little because you get jumped on (back-pedaling).
Either you want to be a legitimate businessman making a reasonable profit or a sociopathic shark that wants to get rich by gouging people. If you are indeed the latter then you should not be suprised that you got the responses you did.
Or maybe the responses you the got were the ones you were hoping for......?

edit on 14-3-2011 by PaganArchangel because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

no no, don't get me wrong - i know of & understand all that... i know there are MANY people out there like that

it was the timing, title of the thread, & the OP's inflammatory attitude specifically

as if an army of US ATSers were gonna champion his cause, suddenly drop everything, & jump to action

was a waste of time & energy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I feel that the world is run by psychopaths, as a requirement of the person who attempts to undertake these jobs. I think many of these people made a conscious shift in their priorities that resulted in a trade off of emotional intelligence & spiritual maturity for the skills & mindset that enables them to do well at their jobs & achieve grand affluence.

These people traded in their souls for material wealth.

btw i'm agnostic at best, I follow no doctrine so don't scratch this up to a case of religious nuttery.

It's hard for those who haven't walked their path to understand or rationalise anything these people say because.....

well I'll let bill hicks say it for me, he does it more justice.

I partially agree with your first paragraph. I am unsure of what makes one of the "leaders" as ruthless as they are. The end result is the same. Material Wealth.

I don't know how I would label myself. I try my best to look at a situation from many points of view. The last point you were trying to make --- I don't know who Bill Hicks is and I have no compelling need to watch a 3:00 video. In the future with me, please be direct with your finale.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Frankly, if "getting ahead of the general population" means stepping on the backs of corpses to make my way up, I'd rather wallow at the bottom of the heap. Just isn't in my nature to view death and devastation as a business opportunity. An opportunity to help others and bring two peoples closer together rather than competing with them, perhaps.

I guess I'm odd that way.
edit on 3/15/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join