It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I'm very happy to see most people thinking the positive way. I.e. bridge of friendship, help and so on.

Personally I was disgusted with the OP, how could one have such toughts in such moments. Not mentioning the ridiculousness of the idea. "Win". Sweet Lord.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

You're blind. Any profit made off this would be dirty money and if you or anyone participates in it, you or they are scum.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
What amuses me is all the hypocrisy and finger pointing. Yes it's harsh, yet all you people who are persecuting him for his idea have committed worse offenses.

You've actually voted for and put people in office who rob, oppress, commit murderous atrocities and rape civilization as we know it and all of a sudden everyone has morals.

If any of you could become richer (regardless of the circumstances which weren't caused by you) you wouldn't take it? ....YOU LIE

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Your last line goes with your avatar...
"Hulk say YOU LIE!!!"

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

You're blind. Any profit made off this would be dirty money and if you or anyone participates in it, you or they are scum.

Do some research and find out what products you buy in the next six months used to be made in Japan but are now made somewhere else.

Whatever it is - it's dirty, throw it away, I don't care how much it costs or how much you need it. Toss it in the trash lest you become scum like the OP.

Oh, and make sure you hold onto the precious idealistic notion that you can somehow insulate yourself....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea

Hire this man!! You have a valid point.
Something the boys in DC would say?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primal Scream
reply to post by snewpers

What? Was I supposed to be hating the Japs?
I've worked with Japs,I have no hostility towards them,, oh wait you mean cause of what I said about WW2 and what SOME of them did to Americian GIs.. do you not know the history of it? Thats a shame and what's wrong with Americans today, no pride.
I have no doubt what so ever Japan can bounce back but to strengthen our country this is the time to move. The Japs are smart and hard working people, and a little freaky deaky too I like that LOL.

It is amazing how people still hold onto the past. You are correct. WW2 was then and not now. Moreoever any military will do what they're ordered to do (including US soldiers). War is a dirty game and torture is a byproduct of any war. This has a lot to do with who is ruling the country (political party and/or dictatorship or monarch or emperor). The average citizen i'm sure are on the same boat as any average joe in US. Whatever the politicos do does not necessarily reflect the average citizen's thinking for the most part. When will people learn that fact.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Too soon? yeah I do think so. However I am a little surprised that the OP is taking such heat for this thread. What the OP is doing here is no different than every "think tank" and aspiring politician would do..or probably is doing at this very moment.

All you people you are coming down so hard on the OP, I have to ask you...

Do you really think there are not people right now thinking of ways to exploit this tragedy for some type of gain?

Look what GREED got us into so far on Wall Street.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Welcome to the real world - when the U.S. had the Jimmy Carter disaster - Japan came in and stole our jobs.

Bottom line is that there are markets and goods that the Japanese people will not be able to produce for a long time because of this. The demand for them won't take a vacation and wait for Japan to rebuild.

We can either all hold hands and wish it weren't so whilst someone else cashes in, or we can say a prayer and then put on our big boy pants and STFU....

edit on 14-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

Jimmy Carter was not a natural disaster. We let the jobs go from our hands. We didnt let them steal it from us. For once look at our own creations and shortcomings with the labor force.

I agree about the possible market from disaster but that does not mean that we will WIN as the topic suggests. Its just means some business for US and others.

Look what the BIG BOY PANTS and GREED got us into so far on Wall Street.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If any of you could become richer (regardless of the circumstances which weren't caused by you) you wouldn't take it? ....YOU LIE

Not everything is about money. Do you think money is everything? I would rather have a decent job paying decent wages for my hard work until I retire. Hard work never killed anybody but it seems you do not want to take a chance
I never believed in Get Rich Overnight schemes. I would rather strike it big on my own with hard work and dedication with a quality and value added product. What goes around comes around. It is a simple law which indeed does become true in the long run. Sure there will be trade talks between Japan and other nations and not just US when the time comes. But that does not mean that it is their Defeat as the topic suggests.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Rarely do I find myself so fired up as to post a reply to anything on this website but this thread has really done it for me today. I wouldn't concern yourself with profits or winning anything if I were you as all the money in the world wouldn't be able to buy you or people who think like you the necessary skills you so evidently lack in understanding and compassion for your fellow human beings. This thread is vile and has genuinely made me feel sick to my stomach. I am only glad that for every one person that agrees with you here, there are fifty others pulling in the other direction.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel
Again..I'll sell the tire for a reasonable price, still make a profit and sell many, many tires

A tire for an eye and a tire for a tooth makes the whole world blind, toothless and tire-less.

My heart goes out to those people in Japan...

Exactly my point. Patience is the virtue. Do it the right way and it can bear long term fruits. Good analology.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abaraikenshi

All the people who replied saying you are sick and you are whats wrong with the world today....Who the hell cares what you people think? You are going to say he's evil and corrupt, what about your Goverments? You people bitch and moan about how they treat you badly, well, either do something or stfu.

I'm with the OP on this one, it makes sense, it allows for prosperity for those who try. I would take advantage of it, if it gets me ahead of the rest of the general population. Don't get my words twisted, what happened in Japan is sad and tragic, but the Earth is still spinning, babies are being born, people die...Yup, life is still moving on for the rest of us.

You are probably about the same age as the OP or very uneducated. You will learn with time as you get older. Keep up this attitude and maybe if we're still typing away on ATS lets say 10 years from now then we will talk about it. It is the attitude and ethics that matters even if you want to profit from a venture along with any opportunity. Dont you know that it is just as important if you think you're a businessman? Its Business 101.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You've actually voted for and put people in office who rob, oppress, commit murderous atrocities and rape civilization as we know it

Not that I'm aware of, as I don't vote.

Well if you're going to call people liars regardless of their response to your question before people even answer it, then what good would it do to deny it? But just in case: no, I would not. I would rather be poor if I can't find a means of making money that I find ethically acceptable to me personally based upon my own standards.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
hp1229

All this starts at the top level (the management). With a leader like you who would like to capitalize at any cost, the middle management and workers will inherit the same attitude as the greeedy one at the top. Even Gordon Gecko will not go for this deal.

When GE was a thriving company Jack Welch used to fire the bottom performing 10% of the workforce each year. I don’t see what I am proposing as being greedy, but instead a way to adapt to the environment and gain a competitive advantage. Do you think GE would have continued to grow being complacent with the underperforming members of the workforce?

Who cares if we get a star or flag on this thread.

Look greed is good. I am not saying it is not. However there are standards and ethics that a good businessman has to follow to thrive. This also works for the company's good in the long run. Trust me. People/Customers do notice such things.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
The best business is to help people in need, no questions asked. When the time comes for them to remember how you handled affairs in their time of need, that's when opportunity will come. Remember, folks don't foster good relationships or do business with those that kick dirt in their face when they're down. Some would call that karma.
Precisely. Moral Values and Business Ethics are very important and crucial. Unfortunately few individuals do not believe in it who agree with the "Opportunity at any cost" and "Winning" mantra

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th8nker
Rarely do I find myself so fired up as to post a reply to anything on this website but this thread has really done it for me today. I wouldn't concern yourself with profits or winning anything if I were you as all the money in the world wouldn't be able to buy you or people who think like you the necessary skills you so evidently lack in understanding and compassion for your fellow human beings. This thread is vile and has genuinely made me feel sick to my stomach. I am only glad that for every one person that agrees with you here, there are fifty others pulling in the other direction.
I'm glad that the humanity is still alive and well amidst the times that we're in the world today.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
YOU? WINNING? GLOBAL ECONOMY?

I just fell out my chair dude, downtown LA looks like camping ground, you aint struck by disaster but you prolly got more people starving and homeless than Japan!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lol winning the rigged game by defeating our allies. Let's do the smartest thing and enslave our allies so than they can help us when China wants to war or when Russia buys all those fancy new toys.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Rather than even discuss what he saying most are of you are all omg how disgusting boohooo. He has point, which most of you aren't even touching because you just want to scold him. Who's the real trolls here?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Really!?!?!? Please tell us how America can benefit from this?

Ignorant!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join