It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Never let an opportunity (or disaster) go to waste, 'eh?

No doubt, it's already being thought out, by those who would seek to profit.
I'm very glad, I'm not that person.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Whilst I am sure governments around the globe are rubbing their hands together in glee looking for ways to gain from this, this is hardly a revelation. It's what they do.
Why did this even merit a thread, other than being a haven for the odd warped minded twit. Amazed it's not closed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A very shallow statement. Taking advantage of a catastrophe like this is what prevents the human race from shedding its negativity and improving our compassion for our fellow human race. We all live on this small rock together. Every country across this planet should be extending their hand to help out our fellow man when their backs are against the wall. Countries should put their differences aside and give from the heart instead of basing it on their self interests.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

dude you are very wrong, The region devastated by the tsunami only contributes to 8% to all japanese GDP economy, in contrast with the earthquake of 1995, japanese economy was hit harder because the earthquake damaged more productive structures and that translated to 20% damage to GDP economy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
People like you are the reason the world is the way it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The American spirit lies in its ability to adapt. I know their are industries that have been greatly effected by this tragedy. Time to bring some jobs back home!

You gonna bring their "quality standards" back with you???????????????????
Yeah this aint even funny when 1,000's of bodies are begining to wash up on shore.
Get a hardhat and shovel and offer to scoop out one of the the reactor containments
edit on 14-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When the OP says "time to win", this only means a couple of things to me..

A) Sell the Japanese a tire for actual base price+shipping and handling+normal markup for that make.model.OR
B) Sell the Japanese the tire for 2000.00 apiece because they need it and your figure they have no choice and what they hell you can get away with it - right?

I'm using the tire as an example only.

A) is okeedokee with me because compared to Example B, you will in the end sell more tires.
B) is just being a freaking sociopath that would indeed pick the gold from someone else's teeth (while alive no less). Not to mention the fact that unless you are THE ONLY one selling tires, there is going to be a bunch of someones out there who will look high and low and be able to find that tire or one comparable elsewhere for 999.00.

There is a time and place for everything...I will firmly zip up my sociopath suit when it becomes necessary and not a moment before (like when TSHTF totally either nationwide or worldwide)..and will unzip it in those moments when my fellow man needs assistance.
Until then I would like to tell the OP to be mindful..
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...the older you get the more you will see it.
If you are the vulture there to cannibalize another, don't be suprised when the tables are turned or have the unmitigated gall to complain when the vultures come to sample your tasty liver

My Ma used to have a saying..trust me it is true:

"Be careful who you step on on the way up, you will see those very same people on the way down".
A word to the wise.

By the way, the above applies whether you are an individual, a group or a sovreign nation.
edit on 14-3-2011 by PaganArchangel because: Further clarificaion of statement

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa! Everybody calm down. I was trying to discourage this type of posting at the start while I was actively looking at the thread so it didn’t turn into this.

Feelings aside, it is a fair question and I was only looking for fair response. Please don’t attack me.

Regardless of what you think of me for posting this, the disaster happened and it was tragic. I KNOW the Japanese people will move on and once again be a strong economic force for the reasons people have already mentioned. What happened, happened and we are now in this situation.

I hate to break it to you but businesses of all sizes are asking this same question right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Whoa whoa whoa! Everybody calm down. I was trying to discourage this type of posting at the start while I was actively looking at the thread so it didn’t turn into this.

Feelings aside, it is a fair question and I was only looking for fair response. Please don’t attack me.

Regardless of what you think of me for posting this, the disaster happened and it was tragic. I KNOW the Japanese people will move on and once again be a strong economic force for the reasons people have already mentioned. What happened, happened and we are now in this situation.

I hate to break it to you but businesses of all sizes are asking this same question right now.

And its plain to see the wonderful shape we are in because of "me first" predatory business...

Momma ever tell you:" not everything that goes through your mind needs to come out of your mouth"?
Charlie Sheen's a complete azzhat "winning"....

came here for a quick brain diversion from a project.... big mistake.
They are reporting yet another explosion at fukushina 1820 cst ( I've lost count).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Well the title of this thread is poorly worded (in the sense that it is extremely insensitive)...yet there is a certain amount of raw logic to the Idea. One cultures disaster has often been another ones time of triumph....and if not us then someone like China may beat us to it. Still, to be honest I think that this is going to hurt us far too much than for us to start thinking about how we can benefit from it. Japan was one of the Richest Countries in the world with HEAVY ties to America, which went both ways. We will be hurt from this....likely badly.
edit on 14-3-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Just a punctuation error.....why do I always have to fill this thing out anyway....next time I'm gonna lie and say I accidentally wrote out secret knowledge not meant for the masses and was told I had to censor it or something.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I was exploiting the whole Charlie Sheen thing. I did it twice in one thread!

I am going to try to respond to some of the well aimed posters... bear with me

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow I'm amazed at all the people PMSing over this thread, are you serious? Sure the op is not "Playing Nice", but he is speaking the absolute truth. Do you think that ANY country or corporation was built on morals? Do you think that certain companies don't thrive during natural disasters or war? Wake the hell up and open your eyes, do you think if we switched roles here the Japanese wouldn't be doing the exact same thing the OP is talking about? You people seriously astonish me, I had no idea....

And this isn't just "American greed" companies all over the world foam at the mouth any time a natural disaster strikes because they know they can somehow spin it into profit or good exposure, wake the hell up please.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Say what you mean and
Mean what you say.
No back-pedaling.
If you meant Example A, that's one thing...
If you meant Example B, you probably ought to expect to get zingers backatcha.....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?

I hope you are not American. That would just break my heart.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

You do have a point...all I'm saying is that the rank and file shouldn't knife the heck outta each other (even though I know that probably wouldn't be the case if TSHTF).
That's why I iron my Sociopath suit once a week to keep it nice and crisp, lol
The only reason that the Corps. and Cos. are getting away with it is because people won't get up EN MASSE (the only way it can be done) and raise acres of cane in order to change things.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

u should be banned here

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

All the people who replied saying you are sick and you are whats wrong with the world today....Who the hell cares what you people think? You are going to say he's evil and corrupt, what about your Goverments? You people bitch and moan about how they treat you badly, well, either do something or stfu.

I'm with the OP on this one, it makes sense, it allows for prosperity for those who try. I would take advantage of it, if it gets me ahead of the rest of the general population. Don't get my words twisted, what happened in Japan is sad and tragic, but the Earth is still spinning, babies are being born, people die...Yup, life is still moving on for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

do u think "waking up" means to identify with the greed of companies? The greed of the companies is the reason why everything is so messed up. A destroyed japan and new fresh greed in america does not change anything.
vicious circle.
my god..
if there are still many people of ur sort...we will have this type of economy forever.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i think the thread name is a shame for ats..and as a mod: i would close this thread

(free speech ist sometimes not the most important thing when trolls just want to provoke..and if u would really not want to provoke u could have made the title in a more respectful way..u did not..that means: in a way u are enjoying the reactions ...-> def of trolling)

edit on 14-3-2011 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Again..I'll sell the tire for a reasonable price, still make a profit and sell many, many tires

A tire for an eye and a tire for a tooth makes the whole world blind, toothless and tire-less.

My heart goes out to those people in Japan...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join