It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Spoken like a true capitalist.

"Thousands dead, industry and economy in turmoil...how can we profit from this?"
edit on 15-3-2011 by links234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Frankly, if "getting ahead of the general population" means stepping on the backs of corpses to make my way up, I'd rather wallow at the bottom of the heap. Just isn't in my nature to view death and devastation as a business opportunity. An opportunity to help others and bring two peoples closer together rather than competing with them, perhaps.

I guess I'm odd that way.
edit on 3/15/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

Business can be done in this world without climbing over the backs of others - it's done every day. If one wants to get rich build a better mousetrap - that's what the smart people do. There are those who are not so smart, but they are devious; they will steal someone else's mousetrap and claim it as thier own.
Greed is another ball of wax altogether - we see where it got Bernie Madoff.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have to ask--whether or not using this as an opportunity to further the aims of the American economy is a viable possibility, do we really want to?

Do we--we as the American people, not as the powers that be--really want to advance a nation that grows more and more authoritarian and suppressive with each passing day? A nation full of apathetic consumers content to watch television, play video games, drive their nice cars, and work their nice, comfortable nine-to-fives while the rest of the world rushes past unnoticed?

And, with all due respect to the original poster, do we want to support a system that produces people who look not toward helping out fellow human beings but to capitalizing on their problems? Empathy is sorely lacking from our culture today. The combination of apathy and ignorance that characterizes the American people is downright frightening.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

My roommate has a word for people like you..."Stroke."

Because Japan is falling through the cracks, this is going to put a dent in the global economy, not help it.

Only the lowest common denominator would make a thread of this nature. Well, I'm glad that the lowest common denominator has a name and can be identified. BYE...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Looks like the Japanese could use a couple free lance nuclear containment applicators.
theres a good job.

The Japanese have done this before.
that puts them ahead of everyone
except the Iraqis (50,000 hiroshimas worth of DU)
well, and the former yugoslavians too...

there's some strong people right there
disaster recovery looks to be a booming business everywhere...
that and TSA
edit on 15-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
And every earnings that come from that should be immediately be used to help Japan to recover all of this ! beware harm watch, harm catch!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
While people starve and die in abject misery, all the op can think about is financial gain. Perhaps the OP should ponder how he would feel if the tables were turned .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not even during times of immense and indescribable human suffering does man's greed and lust for power subside.

:dn

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The best business is to help people in need, no questions asked. When the time comes for them to remember how you handled affairs in their time of need, that's when opportunity will come. Remember, folks don't foster good relationships or do business with those that kick dirt in their face when they're down. Some would call that karma.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Honestly man, this is pathetic.

And NEVER discount the Japanese. Not only are they intelligent, they have very strong souls. They'll get through this.

And they have technology. Toyota Technology.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hey MODS you need to create as system of deflagging for inane threads....

jk

freedom of speech and all

btw if you rely only on the american economy for your livelihood then you are a poor sucker. And, to take a disaster like this and try to benefit from it makes you an evil self-absorbed non-entity IMO.

remember greed is what is bringing this world down.......

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)
Maybe the USA should start making Gieger counters and Bio suits, get them while there srill HOT.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
U know what some mofos said after world war 2 .::: GUys,the jews Have Been Pummeled Time to Win

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
and btw: at the end the people who do not understand that all is one..will see: the borders are virtual....everything is everything...thats why ur state of mind (time to win) will have consequences for u...u will see.

But u are right: capitalism needs no balance. It can only be with people that loose for the wealth of others. And many people on this planet think that this is a natural law for a functioning economic system. and thats the biggest problem of all.

We are so far away from a perfect system ...its sad.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Japan is down. Untold numbers dead and missing. Now is the time to extend the international hand of friendship.

Brethren Masons, go to your Charity Stewards and petition for donations. Non brethren, if you cannot physically help, pray or spare a thought. These people are hurting, badly. Never turn you back on a fellow human in distress. To use this event as an opportunity to make a profit is morally wrong and despicable (spelling?).

Who knows where the hammer will fall next.Would the OP have the same opinion if it was his home town hit? I think not.

FAITH, HOPE AND CHARITY!

The war machines of the world can now justify all that money spent on them. Head to Japan and put that mighty infrastructure to a constructive use. Save lives and rebuild.
edit on 15/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Japan's disaster is likely to have done damage to all of the economies so i don't think many people will do well.

I think the American government want to destory the US economy anyway......helllo.....they want a world world currency which means they will do anything to destroy the dollar.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
I don't know how I would label myself. I try my best to look at a situation from many points of view. The last point you were trying to make --- I don't know who Bill Hicks is and I have no compelling need to watch a 3:00 video. In the future with me, please be direct with your finale.

that last bit was directed at the OP, I think I failed to clarify that for which I am sorry, however you are missing out on a pearl of wisdom wrapped in comedic genius if you choose not to watch the video

if you enjoyed George Carlin (another well known late great comedian) you would probably enjoy Bill's work too

Peace & thanks for the reply
-B.M

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

I'm sure that the Japanese would be touched by your concern for your fellow man, I for one am not, I really truly hope that you my friend do not reap what you sow as you know that Karma can be a bitch.
Anyone wanting to exploit this disaster (politicians included) for personal gain is the lowest form of life in my book, pond scum I think the term is.
With attitudes like the above quoted its no wonder the world is in such the sorry state it is, step on the backs of others to get ahead eh?
Disgusting and I really hope that any US entrepreneurs do not profit if they use the Japan disaster as an excuse to chase the almighty Dollar.
Or haven't realised that the US is next in line for a major disaster and I truly hope to God in whatever form he/she/it/they take treat you kindly and that you yourself are not involved, but as I said people do not care providing it does not happen to them right?
edit on 15/3/11 by DataWraith because: add

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Most of Japans industry is in Tokyo (not affected) and inland.

Sorry Mr.USA Japan will live on.

They survived 2 nukes, they can survive this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Those who would profit from misery are not even human.. Cant state what they are as would end up permanently banned for exceedingly severe t&c violation.. And out of politeness wont comment further on such disgusting conduct.. Good day.. End of..

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join