It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wrote a fairly lengthy reply to this, but I canned it for this one.

Too soon.

Could we benefit from this in any long lasting substantial way?

I have my reservations.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3MYxISxBRUTAL
reply to post by hp1229

Great back up dude,,1 for the Americans
Well i'm sure nothing's for free in the world. Its a give and take relationship (yes including the marriage). Needless to say that indeed there will be negotiations and trade discussions behind the doors before any country steps in to help Japan.

If your theory about HAARP is to be believed, then can we expect something to happen in China?

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Sore???? Did you say sore subject???

This is pathetic, much like the skin you are inhabiting right now. A complete waste!

There is such as thing as decorum OP and respect. Mind you I would imagine if Aretha Franklin came up and slapped the spit so far out of your mouth you still wouldn't know "respect".

If that is how you believe the world should address this problem then I wipe my hands off this mudball called Earth. I honestly couldn't give a toss if 99% of the population was wiped out by some other "kick-ass" event. I would be standing at the sidelines cheering the demise of the human race cause it sure as hell does not deserve what it has. Maybe what it will get. At least in that instance, no one would care, or notice threads like this.

"&$"*)( THIS THREAD HAS BUGGED ME OFF!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrothead0333
reply to post by LiquidNova

No......more like "STEEL" jobs! The U.S. should see at least some gain in the steel industry as Japan rebuilds there.
True if they decide to buy from us though. What if they go to China or India or Russia?
Steel Producers
edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

150 replies and a dozen stars tells the whole story.

They used to refer to this shameless grab at entrepreneurship following a tragedy:

"Pulling the pennies off a dead mans eyes"

The dead had pennies holding their eyelids shut
and there are those despicable individuals who might steal
even those pennies (as well as jewelry, gold teeth etc.)
They are nothing more than looters. Looters.

I am sure this was a grievous error in judgment the OP regrets.
No one is this callous, heartless or cruel.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Or people with multiple accounts can be flagging and starring themselves for all we know

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The US and the rest of the world can still earn some honest money by this disaster by selling materials to rebuild the country against a fairly lowered price since they probably need #loads of it anyways. Steel should be a nice start. Build a steel factory, create jobs, send the # to Japan (with a reasonable amount of income). In this way both countries profit. And rebuilding this country of 250 million people up as soon as possible will re-open the possibility to trade with the guys. After all they have a fairly high PCI compared to most country's and a strong economic environment with plenty of opportunities to invest. It's infrastructure is rated as one of the best of the world. It also has a great leap ahead when it comes down to technologic development. So reason's enough to invest in the country without taking away jobs and/or making them poor.

Russia get's that. Although they have a conflict about one of those island groups near-by they send them A LOT of gas and is willing to give them a 6000MW power supply.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And now there is no need to wonder what thoughts and sentences look and sound like that no longer see compassion in humanity,
these poor people affected by this were not engaged in warfare or deserving of retaliation this was an extreme event out of no where.
Time to win?
You will not be punished for your thoughts but by them.
Karma, she has sisters.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it...I think the OP has a valid point. Look we can't control the circumstances that occurred in Japan and I, as much as everyone else, am very empathetic towards the Japanese for this natural disaster. The one problem in the past, oh, 20-30 years is the fact that we care too much. We have become passive instead of aggresive as a nation. Ok some think it's too soon to talk about this but when isn't it too soon? 9-11 happened 10 years ago & people still think it's too soon. A disaster happened, we have all offered our condolences and prayer, we even offer aid and military support, now we take advantage of the circumstances that presents itself. The Japense will bounce back & they don't need their hands held...they will be the first to tell you that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All the replies are either emotional rejection of reality, or condescending vomit by ideologiest.

Welcome to the real world - when the U.S. had the Jimmy Carter disaster - Japan came in and stole our jobs.

My heart goes out to the people who've suffered through something as terrible as this - and it's not over yet.

But let's not pretend like the OP is the devil because he's voicing what others are already acting on.

Bottom line is that there are markets and goods that the Japanese people will not be able to produce for a long time because of this. The demand for them won't take a vacation and wait for Japan to rebuild.

We can either all hold hands and wish it weren't so whilst someone else cashes in, or we can say a prayer and then put on our big boy pants and STFU....

edit on 14-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
All the replies are either emotional rejection of reality, or condescending vomit by ideologiest.

Welcome to the real world - when the U.S. had the Jimmy Carter disaster - Japan came in and stole our jobs.

My heart goes out to the people who've suffered through something as terrible as this - and it's not over yet.

But let's not pretend like the OP is the devil because he's voicing what others are already acting on.

Bottom line is that there are markets and goods that the Japanese people will not be able to produce for a long time because of this. The demand for them won't take a vacation and wait for Japan to rebuild.

We can either all hold hands and wish it weren't so whilst someone else cashes in, or we can say a prayer and then put on our big boy pants and STFU....

edit on 14-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

Amen my brother. I don't deny the fact that this is a very emotional subject but people have got to let that go. It either eat or be eaten.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They might be down but they certainly are not out.

They have plenty of profits rolling in from their numerous North American automotive factories for example and/or their Sony electronics manufacturing offshore in Malaysia and Taiwan.

All of the Toyotas,Hondas, Nissans and Suburus you see sold in the US are made stateside and/or Canada.

I just read that they are already funneling money back to Japan to pay for their reconstruction costs.

Don't forget that the Japanese already own much of the US particularly in California and Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is a wack ass thread. The world economy won't exist in 2 years.

Can you say climatic natural disasters?

I just hope I can still get fine Japanese knives in the near future, no doubt they have the most legendary blade smiths. I'm not going to mention names.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How the hell did this creep get so many stars,honestly man,you are all a complete bunch of animals.Go to Hell op.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Too soon? yeah I do think so. However I am a little surprised that the OP is taking such heat for this thread. What the OP is doing here is no different than every "think tank" and aspiring politician would do..or probably is doing at this very moment.

All you people you are coming down so hard on the OP, I have to ask you...

Do you really think there are not people right now thinking of ways to exploit this tragedy for some type of gain?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
you are really funny, japan own world industry in a way most people don't understand, not china, not us, germany to a lesser extend.
I'm writing something about it hope to create a thread when the min post requirement is fulfilled.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yes, Japan took jobs via currency manipulation - but here is the catch - they also took jobs because they worked hard and made a superior product. North America would have had nothing to worry about if they hadn't become complacent and sat back living the soft life (and let ourselves get sucked in by greedy politicians and wall street bankers with the promise of everything for free pay it back later mentality)

There is nothing wrong with selling Japan materials / products / services it needs in order to rebuild.

But with this WINNING Charlie Sheen reference has nothing of merit on this economic issue, with a WINNING attitude, America will further fall into an economic abyss - the same as Charlie will when he runs out of cash for his drugs.

edit on 14-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What you are proposing, OP, is akin to grave robbery. So why don't you go dig some people up and take their jewelry? Sure Politicians would think just like this. But read that again: Politicians would think JUST like this. Is that a comparison he should be proud of?

There is a reason the Japanese have dominance in the jobs/industry they now have: because they are better at it. Giving those jobs to Americans would be doing a disservice o the consumers of those goods.

Not to mention to the Japanese themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
If we dont do it... SOMEONE ELSE WILL... welcome to the world. Clearly you dont understand the fact that industries are bult out of governemt laws and world disasters...

As much is I don't like what your saying, predatory to say the least it is probably true. Some corporation(s) will find a way to exploit this. It's in their nature. Way more than Governments because governments take the "popular" opinion in many cases.

Reminds me of a song by Dr John!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What amuses me is all the hypocrisy and finger pointing. Yes it's harsh, yet all you people who are persecuting him for his idea have committed worse offenses.

You've actually voted for and put people in office who rob, oppress, commit murderous atrocities and rape civilization as we know it and all of a sudden everyone has morals.

If any of you could become richer (regardless of the circumstances which weren't caused by you) you wouldn't take it? ....YOU LIE

What a bunch of hypocrites.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join