It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbaker90
This is horrible news. Japan is the worlds 3rd largest economy and I cant imagine how this will devastate them as a country.
like a member said previously, they've had enough radioactive disasters in their history. With all the tsunamis, earthquakes, supervolcanos, and power plant melt downs, we need help as a species more than ever...

Including Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
How pathetic of you.
They are tough nation, I dont worry about them, but more of thousands of nuclear war heads around the globe, just waiting to big BOOM!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

How pathetic of you.

How pathetic of you to direct this unwarranted hostility at him.

On topic, Lugals iodine formula contains potassium iodide and (I think) is available from drugstores. It is marketed at pregnant women (because pregnancy can cause an iodine deficiency)

edit on 12-3-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

HERE
They have it!

GET IT!

www.campingsurvival.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Drudge reporting a 3rd reactor lost cooling.
stay tuned...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420

How pathetic of you.

How pathetic of you to direct this unwarranted hostility at him.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

Nothing personal, just to mention, and I see its a sensitive matter to you.
My apologize.
Topic, cover the body with wet sheets, its more effective than taking the pills.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Agreed there is no reason for your comment ,how dare you troll at a time like this ....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Triple agreed. I can't imagine anyone with sense would think he was NOT referring to the nuclear bombs dropped on the Japanese people. I can't even figure out what the point was with the statement "how pathetic of you". What, do you think? he flew the Enola Gay? His comment makes it clear he feels sadness about what was endured by that nation.

link   

Originally posted by arufon
Drudge reporting a 3rd reactor lost cooling.
stay tuned...

Are you sure they don't mean reactor #3 (the second reactor to lose cooling)? I can't find anything for a third reactor with problems, only the 3rd reactor at the facility (the second reactor to have a problem).

1st problem: No. 1 reactor (exploded)

2nd problem: No. 3 reactor (loss of cooling)
edit on 12-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

link   
MY APOLOGIZE to all the people who affected with my post.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Sky news report:160 people could have exposed radiation: no 3 nuclear reactor cooling has failed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

You do realize how silly this thread is right? Let me put this into perspective......WE DROPPED NUCLEAR BOMBS ON JAPAN BEFORE....The jet stream didn't carry all of that nasty radiation strait over to the US now did it? Yet you are suggesting a single nuclear plant is going to send up enough radiation that....rather than being dispersed...will remain concentrated enough, and go high enough, to get to the jet stream and be carried all the way to America?!?!?!? Yeah....I think the Earthquake having accidentally awoken Godzilla is actually a more likely scenario than this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused. Will this explosion have and radioactive effect in the US?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

There were reports earlier that immediately following the explosion, control room radiation was 1000 times background, with surrounding area reaching 20 times background.

Actually, that was the level BEFORE the explosion. Here are the notes I had taken about 1 to 2 hours before the explosion occurred:

Two nuclear plants have lost their operating and back-up cooling systems for the nuclear rods.
These two plants are in two separate cities, Daiichi and Daini.
The Daiichi plant has 5 nuclear reactors, the Daini has 4.
Radioactive material has been confirmed to have leaked from the plant in Daiichi.
The cooling system in 3 of 4 nuclear reactors at Daini are not functioning.
The Daini plant cooling water went above 212 F (boiling point). (This is bad...)
The power company has ordered release valves to be opened at the Daini plant and for the #1 reactor at Daiichi. This is most likely because if the water has reached the boiling point, steam is causing an ever increasing pressure in the reactor(s).
The radiation levels in the control room of Daiichi's #1 reactor are 1000 times higher than normal.
Elevated radiation levels have been detected at a monitoring location away from the plant.
There has now been an explosion reported at the Daiichi reactor, but it is unknown if this explosion as caused a breach that would lead to a major radioactive release.
The roof of the Daiichi reactor collapsed after the explosion...which makes me have a hard time believing this will NOT lead to a major release.
There has also been a fire (unknown of the seriousness) at a third nuclear reactor.

I haven't heard any numbers on AFTER the explosion.

P.S. Adding this note of clarification. I don't have the times of when I was writing each note down, but the 1000 times normal level was reported PRIOR to the explosion.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Valhall because: clarification

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
6.1 after shocks close to the power plant, reported on Sky news. 0.05 gmt...I think we should be looking at a 'worse case scenario' here. The initial explosion was nuclear, you could see the inertia in the air, prior to the blast, you can also see, plasma being released, but that is my opinion..They are desperately trying to keep the lid on this baby..

Get prepared people who are in the path, of the fallout!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by silo13
If your post holds any truth then God help the World, not just Japan.
Who knows which way the wind will blow, or, if a 'meltdown' will occur.

Straight for the west coast USA.

Hope they can either minimize the situation or contain it somehow,

Otherwise, a great deal of the west coast USA will be dealing with radiation from this... Likely within 36 hours of release, give or take a few.

WOW, just the USA? I sure am glad that Canada is not involved.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
CNN reports there's a possibility that explosion blasted the cooling systems, and the sea water is using for cooling, altough the Japanese are aware that this nuclear plant is dead after this, and will never be restored.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok so I live in Nevada...I want to know is there anyone intelligent enough on here that can predict whether we should be preparing for nuclear/survival issues..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

i

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagentwomyn

I'd say thats a stretch but it never hurts to be prepared

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Would it hurt you to be prepared?

Buying potassium iodide before it's completely out of stock everywhere might not be a bad idea.

However, at this point, it is a level 4 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, which means the damage is still local at this point. If they can't lower the temperature with the sea water and boron, the core will go supercritical, at which time it will release a massive amount of radiation and/or possibly set off the sea water in a large steam explosion. It would be that scenario that people on this side of the ocean should worry about because the prevailing winds WOULD carry the radiation here.

www.stormsurfing.com...

Hope that helps.

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join