It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
CONFIRMED! Detection of materials indicates fission of uranium present....

Nuclear accident rated at level 4 The Japanese government rates the accident at the Fukushima Number One nuclear power plant at level 4 on an international scale of 0 to 7. Two radioactive substances, cesium and radioactive iodine, were detected near the Number One reactor at the plant on Saturday. Their presence indicates nuclear fission of uranium. The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said that fuel in the reactor partially melted. It's the first such accident in Japan. A level 4 on the International Nuclear and Radiologocal Event Scale includes damage to fuel and release of significant quantities of radioactive material within an installation. It's the same level as a criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant in Tokai Village in Ibaraki Prefecture, south of Fukushima, in 1999. The agency called the accident very regrettable even though it was triggered by an earthquake. Sunday, March 13, 2011 07:08 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Bad news...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am not one to fear-monger or jump to conclusions....but I believe "may" will be removed from the headline as soon as the evacuation of people in Japan is complete....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thanks for posting that link, I'm going to order this too.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
does this have the possibility of being worse than chernobyl? If so this is bad news...time to send good thoughts for the well being of the people living there

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Would you recommend buying some even if you live on the East Coast?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Have them send it FedEx NEXT DAY

because if you don't have it already and you have to order it and it takes days to reach you it will be too late.

My bottle is sitting right here on my desk.

ETa

Please, if we have to use these pills do not forget to DOSE YOUR PETS too
edit on 12-3-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am not one to fear-monger or jump to conclusions....but I believe "may" will be removed from the headline as soon as the evacuation of people in Japan is complete....

My personal thought is that this thing is already worse than they're reporting, and they seem to not hide the fact they are "downplaying the risks" - something you just can not do with a nuclear accident of any kind!!!

Unfortunately Japan already has a history of cover-up when it comes to serious problems, so the information coming out at the moment is not reliable.

Earlier they said things "might" be bad, e.g. the presence of radioactive material in the gas they were releasing, but now they say "the core might have partially melted". This is very bad news indeed.

The fact they are stopping people 60 km from the site speaks volumes, even though they only officially have an exclusion zone of 20 km.

I hope the winds don't shift and blow this thing at Tokyo.

edit on 12-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
12 March 2011, 2000 CET IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano provided a video statement on the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am in So. Cal. and this is really frightening me. My heart is breaking for the precious people of Japan but watching this unfold is unnerving. The Japanese Ambassador on CNN right now is stumbling on his words.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Crap, they don't offer it.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific

Would you recommend buying some even if you live on the East Coast?

I say it doesn't hurt to be prepared for ANY emergency.

There are basics for all survival situations, but just based on what's happening, I would say it wouldn't hurt to have some on hand.

If we do have total meltdown and fallout, the winds will carry this across the ocean and we will be effected, so I'm not even sure over the long term that these will help, but it certainly won't hurt to have them before they run out.

Not trying to provoke fear in anyone, just want people to be prepared.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

i would have to agree with your statement. Also i know im not a professional, but the way that embassodor holds his head in a "shamefull" way, and the way his eyes look, hes not telling the truth. Im sure he has been informed to deny all.... until they can not any longer. The Japanese people are a proud people, and i mean no disrespect
edit on 12-3-2011 by mailman05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
POTASSIUM IODATE (KI03) RADIATION PROTECTION

Frequently Asked Questions

www.y2knorth.com...

It gives you a link on where to order it. If they have it, that is.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mailman05

I agree, it seemed to me he was downplaying any nuclear emergency, I don't believe him either.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

They are closed on Saturday afternoon and Sundays.....Amazon has it but they are really expensive for a small supply.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Something just doesn't jive:

edition.cnn.com...

As crews were working to pump additional water into the reactor containment unit to lower the temperature, the pumping system failed, Edano said, causing an explosion that injured four workers and brought down the walls of the building containing the reactor.

The explosion as a result of lack of cooling could ONLY come from INSIDE the reactor pressure vessel as a result of failure of the cooling system, so the reports that the pressure vessel was not compromised in the explosion just doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
crazy....I have been on iodine/potassium supplements for many weeks now to deal with a thyroid issue. Lucky me, I suppose. If its the same thing as what people are scrambling for they might want to look into a product called Idoral. Its around 30 bucks and you an get it through amazon. 180 tablets.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
crazy....I have been on iodine/potassium supplements for many weeks now to deal with a thyroid issue. Lucky me, I suppose. If its the same thing as what people are scrambling for they might want to look into a product called Idoral. Its around 30 bucks and you an get it through amazon. 180 tablets.

Is Idoral the same stuff?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150

Originally posted by irsuccubus

Is Idoral the same stuff?

I dont know what the concentrations are for the disaster stuff but what I take has 5mg iodine/7.5mg iodide per tab

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

For the last video, when it shows the map of the nuclear power plants, just wanna say the one in Oregon is no longer operating. I know this because I live within walking distance of it. Don't know about the rest though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join