EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
seriously. I'm worried. I don't know what to think. videos with stupid illuminati signs in the beginning are as stupid as the mainstream news. so what do you think. are people in south corea in danger???

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by backdoorbandit
Yet another silly dramatic, over the top thread by the american members of ats.

So if the reactor didn't blow up, what did, fresh air in the building?

Do they really think we're stupid?

Why are they telling people to stay inside, handing out Iodine tablets if there is no risk?

The reactor is enclosed and surrounded by offices and a generator.

Did somebody throw a cigarette into a bin in the office, I think not!

Something got too hot and blew up, guess what it was?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
Do you think it's dangerous to be in south korea right now?????

Do you mean dangerous as in any more dangerous than it already is with Muppet Kimmy nearby?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Well, the good news is, it apparently wasn't caused by the reactor itself. An ancillary pumping system appears to have caused the explosion.

www.cnn.com...

Bad news is...an ancillary pumping system blew up...lol. Guess that one won't be very helpful.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The woman in RT Today just said something hilarious.

"The radiation levels in and around the nuclear power plant are thousands of times higher than normal but the authorities have said there is nothing to worry about!"

My 5 year old Daughter just said "Daddy, what is that woman on about?"

Durh!!

Nothing to see here folks, move along now lolol.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I understand your point of view my friend
but you cannot forget that chernobyl was a human error at night during a normal procedure with the reactor working and this one was a earthquake and the workers had the chance to shut the plant down...so i think the risk of a explosion,meltdown or something else is less to happen.

ohh and rohdan sorry but im no expert i cant say that your safe in south korea but if the authoroties dont say nothing i guess you are

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

what a stupid fakin answer. I'm worried about friends getting sick of radiation which could be spread with the wind.you my friend are a wiseacre.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Iodine tabs are a precaution for contaminated water supply from flooding..tss a common step to take.
Good chance the explosion was not accidental to seal off the the failing reactor.
This site's home base is in the US so a large number of contributors will naturally be US citizens. Do what you want abroad ...so what if we like to chat..there are worst things happening in the world today ..i.e. Japan and Libya

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

The Radiation will circle the Earth several times over so it's more than likely that they will be affected to some degree but only very minor in my opinion!

I wasn't trying to be silly with my previous answer about Kimmy by the way!

As one poster said, animals in the UK were not allowed to be eaten for years after Chenobyl and I would guess that any kind of food that is made / caught / produced in Japan would be no good for quite some time, especially if they are saying not to drink the food. It gets into the food chain for a very long time!

Does Japan export much food stuff by the way?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Most sites are out of stock. Potassium Iodide is what you are looking for. We've got the 14 pill blister packs, expires in 2017. Dosage is one per day. The thyroid is the what absorbs the radioactive iodine the fastest. The iodide does nothing more than fill the thyroid with iodine so the radioactive version doesn't get absorbed. Doesn't help other organs. Wet cloth (like flannel) over the mouth and head can help some.

Here in the states I wouldn't expect to see anything real high. My brother lives over there so I'm more worried about him. It's bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

so no need to get out of the country immediately? sorry for being rude ok?

I'm so pissed because it's not possible to get some accurate information. first they announce something, then they deny it. I hate that.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by Zona
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Nice find OP. I hope this guy is wrong, but I fear he is not. I think this reactor is on its way to a full-blown meltdown.

I agree with the other poster who is asking for prayers.

PLEASE...Does anyone know what a full-blown melt-down means?????? What would happen?

en.wikipedia.org...

That is what would happen...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

You should know that the best way to sell more newspapers and get more viewers is to add more spice to the news... since this thing started ATS was my source of news...you really can filter out the info that u need and if you dont find...feel free to ask the people because they will reply for sure

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan

so no need to get out of the country immediately? sorry for being rude ok?

I'm so pissed because it's not possible to get some accurate information. first they announce something, then they deny it. I hate that.

This is precisely why sites like ATS are so good, News from real people around the World in an instant. Not relying on the likes of the BS from Fox, CNN, BBC etc.

If we all stick together on here and state things as WE see them, then we can all get some chance of seeing the truth way better than being plonked in front of the TV!

Anybody in Japan on ATS, let us know what you're experiencing and seeing please for the benefit of getting the truth out.

Also, any US Soldiers based in Japan that have been told anything interesting, let us know!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like it just got worse, two other reactors in danger now, ooops!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam

Most sites are out of stock. Potassium Iodide is what you are looking for. We've got the 14 pill blister packs, expires in 2017. Dosage is one per day. The thyroid is the what absorbs the radioactive iodine the fastest. The iodide does nothing more than fill the thyroid with iodine so the radioactive version doesn't get absorbed. Doesn't help other organs. Wet cloth (like flannel) over the mouth and head can help some.

Here in the states I wouldn't expect to see anything real high. My brother lives over there so I'm more worried about him. It's bad.

For those of you worried about radiation poisoning and may not have the ability to procure iodine or iodate tablets, sodium bicarbonate is a "must have" for your household, if you're not already a regular user of it, like me. This substance is better known as common baking soda. I'm never without it, for a variety of reasons. However, I want to point out that I accidentally came across a website just recently that lists many medicinal purposes for sodium bicarbonate, including radiation poisoning! It can be used externally for decontamination and internally for kidney protection. There's also a suggestion that you'd want at least 50 lbs of it on hand in the event of radiation exposure. FYI, I found Sam's Wholesale Club carries it in 13.5 lb bags for less than $7 a bag.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
[link to www3.nhk.or.jp]

(translated)

According to METI's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, the Tokyo Electric 福島第二原子力į ​30;電所 in Fukushima Prefecture, the No. 1 and No. 2, No. 4 in the three groups it can be sufficiently cooled reactor it is gone. Therefore, TEPCO Nuclear Disaster Special Measures Law, "emergency" report made to the State to inform. "Emergency" report is followed by the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. NISA, the impact of the leak of radioactive material and immediately but not to the future, we need to examine whether to evacuate nearby residents.

===================

THREE Reactors are in freefall and WILL meltdown. One is already "gone"

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by billxam

And let's not forget about potassium iodide found in common table salt. POTASSIUM IODIDE blocks the thyroid from absorbing radiation.
For those of you worried about radiation poisoning and may not have the ability to procure iodine or iodate tablets, sodium bicarbonate is a "must have" for your household, if you're not already a regular user of it, like me. This substance is better known as common baking soda. I'm never without it, for a variety of reasons. However, I want to point out that I accidentally came across a website just recently that lists many medicinal purposes for sodium bicarbonate, including radiation poisoning! It can be used externally for decontamination and internally for kidney protection. There's also a suggestion that you'd want at least 50 lbs of it on hand in the event of radiation exposure. FYI, I found Sam's Wholesale Club carries it in 13.5 lb bags for less than $7 a bag.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zona
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Nice find OP. I hope this guy is wrong, but I fear he is not. I think this reactor is on its way to a full-blown meltdown.

I agree with the other poster who is asking for prayers.

PLEASE...Does anyone know what a full-blown melt-down means?????? What would happen?

My computer has this Amazing search engine program called"google":

How would a nuclear plant meltdown unfold?

* Control rods are driven back down into the core upon emergency (if rods don’t make it all the way… trouble)
* The coolant (water) could cease if backup systems fail (electricity, pumps, generators, batteries)
* Reactor continues to produce heat
* Numerous venting valve systems would release pressure above ~1,000 psi into containment vessel
* Eventually the uranium fuel encasement metal will melt (2,200 deg F)
* Radioactive contamination then released into the reactor vessel
* Radiation escapes into an outer, concrete containment building
* Radiation escapes into the environment.

Not only would such a disaster be horrible for the local region and Japan, but other countries, namely the U.S. would be effected next by airborne radiation particles, the magnitude of which is yet to be determined.

Why would the west coast USA be in danger?
The prevailing jet stream winds are blowing from Japan directly across the Pacific ocean to the west coast of the United States. Any airborne radiation would make its way across with the jet stream, reaching the U.S. in approximately 36 hours, depending on the actual speed of the jet.

Image of the Jet Stream from Japan to the U.S.
jet-stream-japan-to-usa

Update,
BBC News Asia-Pacific is now reporting that radiation levels inside the nuclear reactor are 1,000 times of normal, and there are now high levels (unspecified) ‘outside’ of the nuclear reactor plant. They report that people are being evacuated in an approximate 6-mile perimeter.
Map of Nuclear Power Plant Reactors in Japan

japan-nuclear-reactor-map
Fukushima Power Plant, Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) diagram

fukushima-boiling-water-reactor-bwr-basic-diagram

Update,
The Washington Post reports that a second nuclear reactor in the Fukushima power plant is also affected. The plant has a total of six reactors. Reports only a few hours left on battery power for cooling systems.

Update,
Clarification from NHK Wolrd News Japan… a second location, Fukushima II, not far from the Fukushima I nuclear power plant, is also experiencing cooling problems. The government’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said equipment failures have made it impossible to cool 3 of the plant’s 4 reactors. (Translation: ‘impossible’ is not a good word).

No sense posting it all It continues at the link:

modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

My next question then, is if it isn't strong enough and can't contain it, what happens?

The best explanation: China Syndrome

Essentially we have a runaway reaction that has turned into a blob of radio-active goo nearly as hot as the surface of the sun. If that gets through the containment and burns through to a water table, the resulting explosion could be very large (not nuclear large), but the fallout and radioactivity thrown into the atmosphere *could* be as intense as a nuclear bomb.

Not quite ... Sun's surface temp is around 6,000ºC The uncooled core to melt out of it's tank is around 2,000ºC.

Chernobyl had no containment building.

When these cores melt, they'll melt through the core container at around 2,000ºC and will be contained by the containment building steel protective structure. True, the walls blew off, but the containment structure is still reportedly intact, I don't know what the melting temp of the containment structure is. The fuel rods,reportedly, are fully in, which should mean that the core temp should be slowly cooling.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join