It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ATS! (Updated 3-13-11)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I don't feel like arguing with somebody that apparenlty cares very little for logic and reason, so I'm done discussing this with you. If you can't appreciate it for what it is, then so be it. So sorry he didn't make his idea centered around what you think it should be.

What you actually mean is that dont like arguing with someone who doesn't share your views... For you its insult first, discuss later then walk away if they dont agree with you... You should go into politics!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This well intentioned project/thread is just another example of "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".

Just when we could use more nice gestures, folks find a way to make it not so nice. A sad situation that I see occuring more frequently unfortunately.

edit on 3/11/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Against my better judgement, I'll respond to you one last time. The very first thing you said in this thread was basically that you were offended by the name of the video when he didn't include every single person in it. That's the same as if I were to make a video called "We are people" and somebody got offended because not every single person on the planet was included in the video. As I said before, if you have a better idea then make it a reality instead of criticizing somebody else who actually did something fun and creative.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Well, perhaps a change in perspective is in order - I didn't watch the video and think "a cool, a collection of avatars that represent the whole of ATS" but rather, I watched the video and thought "a cool, ATS is comprised of people who are interested in and discuss all these various topics"

Perhaps some of you missed that part ... the part where the actual topics of ATS were represented? The avatars are secondary. They represent the point that there are people behind the discussions on ATS, not the whole of the discussion. Think about it.

edit on 11-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Amen.

You know I have to ask this question.

Why is it the majority of the world drives straight for the negative?

Citizens of the world seem to want more drama, murder, and rape, and negativity.

Instead of focusing on the positives.

SLAYER69 put a lot of hard work into this video.

Does anyone hear me bitching my avatar was there for 3 seconds?

Not that I give a damn or one iota.

He honored me and others by including our avatars as a part of the process.

On top of that YouTube has a 10 minute video limit anyway.

How many people want to listen to music for 10 minutes?

You see, perspective, goes a long way.

This is why I threw out several video suggestions, offered to allow SLAYER69, in the open I might add, to utilize any of my other photos within ATS Media, the vast majority of them book covers, conspiracy theory angles, and leaders throughout the world.

Do I look worried if SLAYER69 does not include my avatar in his next video?

No.

Again, it was an honor, hopefully this will spark off a competition, between ATS'ers.

Instead of a crybaby bitchfest like 2 year old who want their God-damned binkie.

Sorry, I'm tired of the complaining, whining, and bitching here on ATS.

Words on a screen do not accomplish much, without live actions behind them to commit legal and nonviolent change in the paradigm of society.

The same goes for videos created by members.

Bravo, SLAYER69, I hope ATS Administration takes the video and many more from you and other members and throws them into the mix with all of the other exciting things this website does for the cause of conspiracy theorizing.

All we need now is a non-profit arm and a policy think-tank and we can take on Washington D.C.
edit on 3/11/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I respectfully request that I remain omitted from this or any "we are ATS" videos.

I am certainly not ATS... Tell me I'm lying.

Nice video, nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well, perhaps a change in perspective is in order - I didn't watch the video and think "a cool, a collection of avatars that represent the whole of ATS" but rather, I watched the video and thought "a cool, ATS is comprised of people who are interested in and discuss all these various topics"

As compared to ATS is controlled by people who have their own agenda?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Oh dear, I despair, I really do!
I questioned why anyone would make something so childish not said I could do any better. I wouldn't even think of making something like this then randomly include anyone I could remember and their dog! I'm sure sooner or later someone is going to roll up and ask to be taken off the video as they, like a lot on here, don't consider themselves ATS...
I love this site, and most of those who post on it, but just as I'm not Labour, not Conservative, not Republican, not Liberal, I certainly am not ATS...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

What does it matter? Agenda, discussion, investigation, comic relief... My point remains the same.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

I love this site, and most of those who post on it, but just as I'm not Labour, not Conservative, not Republican, not Liberal, I certainly am not ATS...

Yes you are. You are here and you are posting. That makes you ATS.
Live with it. Denial does no favors...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by subliminalsubconcious
you should have as many ats members as possible post on this so you can get as many avatar pictures as possible then you can pick through the best of your liking

OMG! I bet that's what he's doing! It's a trap! Slayer is harvesting avatars - if he gets enough, he can rule the world!

We're on to ya, Slayer - we KNOW how you Evil Geniuses operate!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
/me didn't make the cut.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
to the op.

Hey buddy, I dont think I was included.

On a serious note, do you not consider me a valuable member to the ATS community?

edit on 11-3-2011 by elfulanozutan0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Ah, Slayer...pure epic brilliance!
And to think that you caught me in a two day strike on beauty vs rebellion...

Oh yeah, the avatar does reflect the heart of the matter anytime we so wish.

Thank You!

And to all of you here....

We are ATS!

edit on 12-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So... you didn't include my kitty eh?

Needless to say my kitty is extremely hurt and vengeful and suggests that anyone whos avatar you used that actually made the avatar themselves issues you with a copyright infringement cease and desist letter at once

Annoying a small suspicious kitten is the last thing you want to be doing
edit on 11-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Hmm edit to add, anyone wanting to join me in a class action suit can sign up below
edit on 11-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Your kitty is awesome,
As long as it is yours!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

lol well the animation is mine.
You misunderstand the concept of the suit though, i'm suing for discrimination and emotional damages, not copyright.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,
Legend.... ----WAIT FOR IT!!--- dery!!!!
Fantastic piece of work, great musical selection. As Vader would have said, "Impressive, most impressive."

S&F

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

It's ok man. I'm in the same boat with you. I'm not in there. So what? I have Dora the explorer baindaids and neosporin if you need any. Just sayin...

MOTF!

Just sayin.... Don't bother.
Whats a baindaids?
Whats neosporin?
And who in the wild wild world of sports is Dora the explorer!?
Just askin..."

Don't get out much, do you?

Just observin'...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Slay

I was wondering, what could be next ? I found this and thought it would go well here. Hope you enjoy !

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I made my first post in this thread which lauded and applauded Slayer **before** reading some of the controversy surrounding his piece of art.

Apparently, some people were left out. I, surely, would have been disappointed if I'd been left out or overlooked. The basic fact is that we're all human, --people. Even robots and computers make mistakes. If Slayer overlooked your image, it was surely an oversight. If he'd left mine out, sure, I would've ribbed him about it, but not seriously gotten offended. I've been here for a bit, but there are MANY who've been here much longer. And, there are plenty of new people. And, heck, there ARE SO MANY ATS members... how could you really fit them all in anyway? Making such a big stink about being left out will probably reduce the chances of another such video being produced that might include the overlooked and the new.

And, to ask to be removed from a video such as this...? Really? You might as well remove yourself from ATS, for this video did nothing but showcase some interesting avatars. It added some spice, variety and **fun** to a site that is perpetually embroiled in heated, passionate and fringe debate.

I salute Slayer for creating this fun video. Although I wonder about the chances of him or anyone else who might have been previously inclined towards creating such a GIFT because of the ridiculous amount of controversy it generated. Most of us have heard about "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." Well, this has proven that here on ATS we have PEOPLE WHO LOOK GIFT HORSES IN THE MOUTH. I hope you like its breath.

Sit back, take several deep breaths and please for the love of all that is good: rrrrrrelax.

Slayer: here's a hand salute to you for the work you put into this online feast for the eyes and ears. Thanks for making ATS a brighter place.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join