It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 776.htm
<< 773  774  775    777  778  779 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

I miss Redneck right about now we need some rational and logical scientifically backed review of all this information coming at us. & That video = no words. I have no idea if that is real or not but if it is I feel sooooo bad for whoever took it..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thank you. I can't confirm if this is real - but can someone here PLEASE DOWNLOAD pronto and save this video until we know for sure and a few of our members have time to review this. SFA437 - hope you are still around today and can have a look at this. Videos are being deleted. Gotta leave, but can someone save this video??? Thanks in advance.

From the OP who posted that video:

I believe this was first uploaded by Magetmike on 16/04/2011.
At least 3 other videos of this incident (taken from different angles) were also uploaded on the 16th April, but 2 of them have since been deleted from youtube.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

pretty sure that is not the fukishima power plant...that explosion looks more like the oil refinery at chiba (sp?)
that occurred early on..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Heya...

isnt this the petrochemical plant going up in smoke directly after the EQ..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thought about it...decided to post this here too.

One reason the U.S. is going along with the cover up by Japan....eye opener for some I expect. If the first 2 minutes doesn't grab you...well, nothing will.

CNN - USA Major Nuclear Waste Issue.

www.youtube.com...

In this vid...they are using the example of Fukushima, in showing how really bad the whole idea is, regarding spent fuel storage.

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Unfortunately, the UCS, (Union of Concerned Scientists), are one of the sources I complained about who are poo-pooing the Fukushima problems.

For example, their statement about Unit 3 MOX makes their real position clear. Not to mention their relative silence lately.

Safety implications differ depending on the amount of MOX fuel that is used. For example, at Japan's Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant, about 6 percent of the fuel in reactor #3 is MOX fuel, which contains about 200 kilograms of plutonium. This amount is a small enough that it will likely make no significant difference in the amount of plutonium that may escape into the environment

Union of Concerned Scientists

Whereas I think that an extra 200 Kilograms of plutonium in the environment IS a significant difference.
edit on 4/24/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

More anger... Last year the anti nuclear protest group managed to get 100 people to participate... now they got 4,500

Thousands protest nuclear plants at Tokyo rally

TAbout 4,500 people have rallied in Tokyo to call for the suspension of nuclear power plants.

The demonstrators gathered at Shiba Koen in central Tokyo and adopted a resolution calling for all nuclear plants in the country to be suspended and a nuclear-free society realized.

They marched through the streets of central Tokyo, holding banners and placards.

The protesters shouted, "Protect the children in Fukushima from radiation", as they passed the head office of Tokyo Electric Power Company.

The citizens' group that organized the demonstration says only about 100 people took part last year, but about 4,500 joined this year's protest, the largest in the event's history.

A member of the group, Hideyuki Ban, says the large turnout shows how the accident in Fukushima has raised the sense of crisis among the Japanese public, and they would like to further expand their activities.

The group plans to urge the government and political parties to work for the abolition of nuclear power.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 22:32 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

not sure if this is fake or not, but a couple of zillion pages ago everybody was wondering when reactor 4 exploded, as there was no videos of it, just a couple of photos of it being relatively undamaged on the 15th, and on the photo's on the 16th it was clear that something happened.

Reactor #4 was 'empty' with all fuel rods in the storage pool.

A hydrogen explosion in a confined space will not have those blast characteristics.

What I can see from the video the blast cloud is more similar to a fuel explosion. Where the material or fuel was largely/partially launched into the air from an initial explosion and it continued to burn as it rose upwards.

In a confined space hydrogen ignition, (explosion if you prefer) the blast is 'instantaneous' and the debris cloud is largely the 'container materials.' A balloon that is filled with hydrogen and 'ignited' is a brief hot flash of fire and falling burning rubber. (If the balloon itself had time to catch fire.)

If you watch the video, you will see that the debris cloud burns and produced a 'smoke' cloud, that was caused as it burned. The Fuishima explosions, you can see the debris cloud and ejected materials falling rather then burning. In the above video there was a secondary fire that arose up from the detonation source, several long moments later.

As others have posted, it is likely the refinery explosion in about the same time frame or later on.

Also for those who have ears to hear, if you listen to the audio of #3 exploding carefully, there are 3 distinct explosions + echoes from each explosion. Not 2. Not 1, but 3. My pet theory is that the first is the concrete container popping, then the containment vessel itself popping, the last is part of the torus popping. Or is the basement that was flooded under to torus exploding, when the core melted into it.

Which would account for the torus and reactor core container being tilted upwards and elevated about 40-60 degrees and out of position in that buildings rubble.

The steam/hydrogen being the fuel for those explosions.

The pixelation effects were either bad editing or added to mess with the viewer.
A nuclear detonation, would have fried the electronics in the camcorder, and the resulting fire/bast wave and radiation would have cooked the person filming it. So no, it was not a nuclear detonation.

M.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Moshpet because: Additional info.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Meh... so how come none of these guys mention that ATS had this figured out a long time ago?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

hey mate
could it be possible to re-post some of these videos you talk of?
i realy dont fancy trolling thru 750+ pages
i know im lazy but i would be grateful

any chance of a new thread with all these conspiracies?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
not sure if this is fake or not,

Just google Japanese oil refinery fire...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

No chance... what purpose would that serve?

The video xx was talking about was the oil refinery posted on this page...
edit on 24-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

so people can have thier say and also notice whats going on maybe?
becaue all this is buried in a thread, in the disaster forum and not the conspiracie forum
half of ATS wont have seen any of this

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
TEPCO discloses radiation map

Radiation levels around the Number 3 reactor building, which was damaged by a powerful hydrogen explosion, are higher than in other locations, and 300 millisieverts per hour of radiation was detected in debris on a nearby mountainside.

NHK Japan

The map has not been released to the public but Japanese MSM have this mock up.

The 900 millisieverts per hour object was the piece of concrete 12 inches by 12 inches by 2 inches removed yesterday.

edit on 24/4/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

hey mate
could it be possible to re-post some of these videos you talk of?
i realy dont fancy trolling thru 750+ pages
i know im lazy but i would be grateful

Welcome to ATS...too bad you haven't read any of the 750+ previous pages. There is some amazing info here. It has taken the collective brain cells participating in this monster thread, literally weeks of hard work. Weeks on digging through smoke and mirrors. Weeks of coming to a consensus on data obtained by any means possible. Weeks of becoming trusted friends here, with people we have never met in person, but most of them, I'd share my last bit of water with.

Since you would like to be spoon fed. I'll give you a website, you can visit everyday to get the skinny.

TEPCO www.tepco.co.jp...

I'm afraid it's a bit on the bare side in factual material...but hey, they don't have ATS working for them

On Topic. Here is the current map of the temporary monitoring stations. Notice how few, and how far away from the actual reactors they are
What about all those nifty robots huh.
www.tepco.co.jp...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

While it is true that #3 blew it's cookies, at the time RedNeck assured us that the plutonium would not make it into the jetstream. It was a low altitude explosion at around 300ft. While it is horrible for Japan, he said, because Pu-238 is a heavy element much of it would be rained out or fall into the pacific.

It is interesting, however, that there is some evidence that Silverlok dug up around aerosolization of Pu and it's capability to bond to Cs-137 and other isotopes, and if this is the case than it would be able to make it over in tropospheric wind patterns and some might uplift into the Jetstream. I don't have the pages for these posts, sorry, but they are back around 200-300 pages ago. One thing I have found in my research about this is that you can't think about radiation being "diluted", because it bio-accumulates. Radioactive elements do not "dilute" in water or air like regular chemical toxins, and migrate via colloidal transport and other processes. Even heavier elements like Pu, Str, Am can and do re-suspend given the right conditions, such as burning (smoke), and wind uptake. Once you receive a dose it will stay with you, another dose will stay with you, and so on, accumulating in your body. Radioactive elements will also co-react with other internal chemical loads in very unpredictable ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

welcome to ATS? man ive been here since 09
spoon fed?
who [snip] are you downtalkin?

i want to be informed not told off!
like i said im interested in the conspiracy side to this disaster
thats why it should be in a conspiracy thread of its own!
edit on 24/4/11 by masqua because: Snipped censor circumvention

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

spoon fed?
who the F*ck are you downtalkin?

Then by all means. Start one in the appropriate forum. As a member here since 09, you know that.

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

spoon fed?
who the F*ck are you downtalkin?

Settle down. If you want to be informed do some reading back in this thread. All she's saying is we've put in an enormous amount of time and there is a LOT of info here. We don't have a "summary" or cliff notes version we can give you. The "conspiracy side to this disaster" is interwoven into the thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Thanks for the response! I don't think I should of said just Redneck as there are plenty of ppl here that have been around & provide just as informative answers. I just can't remember all their names lol.. & No need to link source I've seen your spaghetti around this forum enough to take your word for it. The way the radiation accumulates is something I keep explaining to people when they tell me that I'm wrong, levels are low. I don't think that can be repeated enough.
edit on 24-4-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: extra word

new topics

top topics

<< 773  774  775    777  778  779 >>

join