It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 309.htm
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
NEWS ADVISORY: Radioactive iodine in Tokyo water drops below limit for infants

link

Good news!

Or maybe the government raised the safe limits?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Public disclosure of weaponry...

My guess too.

I've been occupied recently & have only just read about the Neutron beam. I'll have to read up to date, but i'd say its a definite on meltdown now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

It's just a one day "price drop" I bet. It's probably only 1% less than the maximum acceptable amount...Or maybe they watered down the water?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

It's just a one day "price drop" I bet. It's probably only 1% less than the maximum acceptable amount...Or maybe they watered down the water?

Or perhaps they cherry-picked the lowest test result of the batch that was below the safe limit. Hmm.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Or maybe the government raised the safe limits?

I am changing my post because..

Officials from the Tokyo Water Bureau said Wednesday that the level of radiation detected in the city's tap water had risen to more than twice the recommended level for infants.

Sourc e

edit on 23/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So this has been going for almost 2 weeks, the reactors have been without coolant for 2 weeks and exposed yet everything is still ok and this is still not yet in chernobyl territory?

Either this disaster has been blown up way past proportion or chernobyl was REALLY bad

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I can see it now. June 2011: "The tap water is safe to use, as long as you don't drink it, bathe with it or use it to clean the dishes. It's safe for laundry, but don't line dry your clothes...The levels of iodine are still within safe limits for infants...but give your pets Poland Spring if you can." - Kyodo

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
What is the truth here?

Man Who Survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombs Dies
The Only Man Recognized by the Japanese Government to Have Survived Both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombs Dies at 93
abcnews.go.com...

yet we all know what happened to thousands of others...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Kailassa

Awesome quote: "We use to believe everything, like idiots. Now we don't believe anything, like idiots."

Force nihilism. You become numb to everything when there is enough evil and nonsensical destruction.

What the hell are we, anyway?

The best of us, like the worst of us, are both saint and sinner, foolish and wise.

I guess we're human.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

The handicappped children were hidden away in orphanages. Neglected by their own families. The Japanese would never do this.

The worst affects and the true number of deaths from Chernobyl were hidden. Not only from the world, but also their very own citizens. Japan shouldn't be using Chernobyl information as a guideline.

Although the Japanese government can sweep things under the rug, its citizens are free to speak openly. Without fear of arrest. So what does this all mean? The world is about to see the shocking and true affects of radiation on a population for the first time, ever.
edit on 24-3-2011 by elouina because: Letters way too big. LOL....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Regarding the 'faked' (showing an archived photo) control room picture there is one thing I noticed. If you look at all the footage taken in the last days (photo and video) it appears that they are all unfocused and a bit muddy due to the radiation affecting the sensors. I guess that CCDs are affected by the high radiation levels there. Maybe someone with more knowledge about radiation/CCDs can confirm this?

If you look at the photo of control room 3&4 you can clearly see the haze in the image. The photo of control room 1&2 is pretty clear so my guess is that there was no radiation present as they took the photo. Just another hint that this photo is taken bevor the event not to mention the very tidy room after an earthquake hit.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You forget they already were there before. This isn't their first time. Compliments of the US Government

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Sad news:

Japan nuclear agency says 3 workers hurt by radiation at Fukushima plant

Reuters

UGH, and news that makes you go "hmmmm":

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has sent half a million dollars to aid Korean expatriates in Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami, Pyongyang's official news agency said on Thursday.

Link

I'll bet that would buy a lot of food for starving N. Koreans in N. Korea. Just a thought.
edit on 24-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was extremely curious about how the ground and vegetables have managed to absorb so much radiation already also , the only way I can figure is that they have known about the meltdown status since the 12th and have been trying like hell to cover it up, partially because of the excessive MOX use ( on reactors not designed for them ) ,

The only conclusion is that there have been neutron emissions (run-away fission) from almost the first explosion.

the MOX rods do not have a homogenous mixture the plutonium in them tends to form clumps kind of like uranium / plutonium sausage instead of pate', and nano cavity could form inside unevenly heating rods creating beams of neutrons in much the same way a nano cavity structure can lase (which means there could have been /is a neutron storm of neutron searchlight beams from those storage pools.

It may be that the truck they brought in to "possibly pump concrete " into the reactors actually smuggled in the xe-133 which had a huge plume on the 21st. xe-133 is a neutron absorber so perhaps they were hoping to mask the excessive neutron measurements until they could cover it up and failed .then again perhaps not but that plume was an odd duck (bottom of the page ).

I'd bet my last dollar that the navy pulled out on that day because they detected neutrons.

although in regard to Rednecks musings I am curious how one of the helicopter crew ended up with 'radiation present on his skin' when everyone else just had it on their clothing.

and to the fellow looking for remote veiwers what would you have them seek that is not abundantly apparent already?
edit on 24-3-2011 by Silverlok because: bad link

edit on 24-3-2011 by Silverlok because: perhaps..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by elouina

You forget they already were there before. This isn't their first time. Compliments of the US Government

Sometimes I do wonder about this. We live 160 miles from 3 mile island. My entire household doesn't have a thyroid. And my daughter had a goiter at age 1.

Now this next observation could be from hormones in milk etc... But then again where were the farms that supplied our milk? Anyways one day I was at a pizza hut after a highschool foorball game. And every female there with their boyfriend was nearly 6 feet tall. I am considered above average height. And I had to look up to them all. And for some reason, all of my cats in the last couple of decades have grown HUGE! My 10 month old kitten is now around 4 feet long. You may well be seeing him in the record books. I can show you a pic if you like.

There may be no association of 3 Mile island to my observations. But worth mentioning.
edit on 24-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

They don't perhaps used tomacco as base for those pizzas do they ?

And perhaps we should all relax about the reactors; how can we as westerners( for the most part ) understand teh delicate art of reactor bonsai, controlling the growth at critical stages for cute tiny little reactors has perhaps been the plan from the beginning, that's why it has all seemed so confusing ...water twice a week ...etc

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
My 10 month old kitten is now around 4 feet long. You may well be seeing him in the record books. I can show you a pic if you like.

Oh, you MUST post a pic of that! Cute and mutant----I like that combo.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Sad news:

Japan nuclear agency says 3 workers hurt by radiation at Fukushima plant

Reuters

Okay NHK says that the three got the radiation that sent them to the hospital in the BASEMENT of #3 and the level they got was 170 to 180 milliseiverts

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This situation just becomes more and more of a joke over time...

Seems like less and less is known, I just think that no one has any idea what the hell is going on anymore. First there's white smoke, and then black, sh!t, back to white smoke. Nobody knows what's burning or why somethings burning.

First there's no radiation, then lots, everyone evacuate, then nope, none again, start spraying with fire hoses, then we have to evacuate again.

Seriously, if we leave these sort of situations in private companies hands we can expect no less than a plethora of lies from them. Not only will this one incident bring nuclear power back in a huge negative limelight, but it will make every country question viable alternatives. Of course they are going to lie, a companies only care is profit.

What happened to "for the people?"

Pred...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Just be glad you aren't the one that has to feed him. Tonight I made a tuna sandwich and had to open up an extra can for him to SNACK on.

10 month old kitten exactly to the day.

edit on 24-3-2011 by elouina because: added age

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join