It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 243.htm
<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Aynone can link a good Live Blog/Ticker about whats going on in Japan right now? (other then the BBC one,already monitoring this...together with the BBC Lybia and Al-Jazeera Blogs,NHK World and Al-Jazeera Live-Streams...too much Info to follow lately
)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlaskanDad
NHK news lady just said:

melted fuel rods and fires in spent rods

Is this happening right now? Or did it start in the last couple hours?

Not good if true.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I would consider pooling for one if the prices hadn't skyrocketed so much!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Aynone can link a good Live Blog/Ticker about whats going on in Japan right now? (other then the BBC one,already monitoring this...together with the BBC Lybia and Al-Jazeera Blogs,NHK World and Al-Jazeera Live-Streams...too much Info to follow lately
)

Star for you pointing that out. I believe that this is the way that TPTB want it. Too much going on at once to get a real good understanding of what is going on. Spread the hysteria out a little, real facts get lost, and investigative resources diverted elswhere. Just my own opinion here, but I believe it is obvious.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'll donate $10 but I don't know how much they are... probably impossible to get ahold of one. Apparently they aren't going to measure all the types of radiation coming from the MOX fuel anyhow.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

I don't even know how much they are. Do you know? I need to take a little time to research this.

Wert. I will throw ten in too. We need to see how much they are.

EDIT: Amazon. com has this one. Geiger Counter Kit with Wand-- Assembled and Tested
1 new from $319.95.
www.amazon.com/Geiger-Counter-Wand-- -Assembled-Tested/dp/B000796XUA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300572799&sr=8-2
edit on 19-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I don't even know how much they are. Do you know? I need to take a little time to research this.

Wert. I will throw ten in too. We need to see how much they are.

I did a little research last night... everywhere I was looking was sold out and the few available to buy ran anywhere from $300-$600 range...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am actually a little amazed that someone somewhere hasn't put together a national network of regular radiation readings in standard units (mR/hr)... I mean, I can click a couple links and see the wind speed, precipitation, temperature, wind chill, pollen count, barometric pressure, traffic congestion, road conditions, Internet traffic, and who knows what all else anywhere in the country in real time.

Why not radiation levels? If nothing else, to give people something to scream about.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That's because it's all over and they didn't need nuclear experts at all, just some firefighters. It turns out nuclear meltdowns aren't too big of a deal really. Dump a little water on it, all the reserve Boron of Japan, South Korea and France, and plug in the power! So if your radio, t.v., engine, generator, etc. starts to fry, Just dump it in a pool of water mixed with a metalloid, and plug it back in! It must work right? How could that NOT work out?!?!
edit on 19-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: grammar edit

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ryliem

If we can get 30 folks to donate $10 might be able to do it, but are they available? I say we should ship it to Redneck

link   
reply to post by ryliem

I'll throw in another $10 then

link   
reply to post by Wertwog

We got $300 to go.

30 more people at ten bucks. any takers?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I took the context to mean it had already happened, but of course no details.

To tell the truth I was shocked they admitted that much!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I could send a 20 sack but I don't know how that would help?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

You can start the network, Redneck. I think that we could possibly pool enough to purchase one. We could start with one and expand as money sees fit. As that no member or person donates too much. I am talking ten or twenty dollar donations here. A little here and a little ther from donating members or people. You (we) could do it. I think it is a good idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It will help me..lol..

Sorry for the one liner but I am still laughing.

link   

It's a good idea, but why not just add to radiationnetwork.com?
Everybody seems to be putting Redneck on the spot a little...
edit on 19-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: 2nd

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Try EPA here. Not much public info though, just "don't worry" although the POTUS ran to Brazil.

I use this one Red, Radiation Network and my own Geiger counter.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's gonna take more than cash to get a Geiger counter right now.... every supplier I have is sold out.

If I had had any good sense, I would have bought a hundred units as soon as the quake hit and resold them at a 300% profit.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i just got my uncles old one working i think? its making clicking noises and beeps so i dont know if its working poperly or not ....gonan call my uncle and try to figure this out if i get it working ill try to post reading from the bayarea.....

top topics

<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join