Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1349
<< 1346  1347  1348    1350  1351  1352 >>

join

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
@ ac:

mio amigo, you make my day!

as i looked after the moments of the crane slapp-down and rises-up i found something more,
mucho more:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Some updates on the events in the US.
Now 5 Nuke Plants with Problems from Sandy: New Jersey’s Salem reactor shuts down as water pumps “not available” — Trouble with both units at New York’s 9 Mile Point — Also Oyster Creek, Indian Point, Limerick
enenews.com... tion-limerick-indian-point-oyster-creek
Nice to know. 9 mile point is straight south of me about a 160 miles.

“Atmospheric steam dump”.. {Butterflies and balloons}.. at New Jersey nuclear plant — All 6 circulators lost at Salem due to debris, high river level
enenews.com...

MANUAL REACTOR TRIP FROM 100% POWER

"This report if being made under the requirements of 10 CFR 50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B), Actuation of the Reactor Protection System While Critical, except preplanned, and under the requirements of 10 CFR 50.72(b)(3)(iv)(A), Valid Actuation of Listed System, except preplanned.

"Salem Unit 1 was operating at 100% reactor power when a loss of 4 condenser circulators required a manual reactor trip in accordance with station procedures. The cause of the 4 circulators being removed from service was due to a combination of high river level and detritus from Hurricane Sandy's transit.

"All control rods inserted. A subsequent loss of the 2 remaining circulators required transition of decay heat removal from condenser steam dumps to the 11-14 MS10s (atmospheric steam dump). Decay heat removal is from the 11/12 Aux Feed Pumps to all 4 steam generators via the 11-14 MS10s. 11/12/13 AFW pumps started due to low level on all steam generators due to shrink from full power operation (this is a normal response). All safety related equipment functioned as expected. No one has been injured. As an additional note, Hurricane Sandy had recently moved past artificial island. Salem Unit 1 is currently in Mode 3. Salem Unit 2 reactor is currently in its 2R19 refueling outage and is shutdown and defueled with no fuel movement in progress."
Here's an interesting phrase "Hot Standby"
www.nrc.gov...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
New Arnie.
fairewinds.org...
I love the part about
"They never thought about propane tanks floating past the nuke plants and exploding"

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All this garbage about "never thought of (insert anything here)" reminds me of the fable of the engineer and the universe.

Engineers are constantly striving to create better fool proof systems. The universe is constantly striving to create better fools. So far the universe is way ahead.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Some updates on the events in the US.

"All control rods inserted."

Here's an interesting phrase "Hot Standby"
www.nrc.gov...

Greetings:

At what point do we, the people, say: ENOUGH ALREADY!

As always, great stuff, Aircooled, and here is our take on the Superstorm Sandy Effect.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You find some might interesting things on FB.

Last night at 10:17 pm.... just for a minute, then it was gone. Time and date in the far right bottom corner.

Fukushima Nuclear Accident Is Murder's Act: Mayor
jen.jiji.com...

From our pal in Brazil.

Hey Purple, hope all is well? I hear you got the white fluffy stuff before me.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do you think that sudden spike could just be related to the crazy weather they're having out there? If storms rain out particles, etc...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When I was graduating from college 30 years ago, I was offered a job outside of Baltimore working for Westinghouse and being a "nuclear technician". I decided that I was not cut out for that.

Now, I almost wish I had.

I'm an engineer. As such, I try to find solutions to problems that others may not have seen.

As such, I'm KICKING myself, and I know I shouldn't, because all of these issues are basic engineering 101 issues.

I've been catching up and you folks have really been on top of things. I'm impressed.

I've been out of the country on some assignments that have been some of the most fun I've had in my profession in my lifetime, yet I've also been colder than I can say that humans should never have to be exposed to.

I will be starting to contribute more as my "real job" for this year winds down with the end of the year.

Peace to all.

M

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Hey,can you fix my elevator problem I'm having now?

Nice to see thorfourwinds on here!

AC,here is a thread started by a member on how to clean your drinking water.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

The east coast spike? Who knows? I think quite a few of the nuke plants were venting but I think we'd need some lab work done. to catch the culprit.
www.goes.noaa.gov...

Nuclear Power Plant In Michigan Venting Radioactive Steam Into The Environment
theintelhub.com...

The United States is headed toward a major nuclear disaster unless the government closely monitors aging power plants, safety advocates and activists said.

Read more: www.upi.com...

On Salem...... Public safety compromised as the power company chose profits over safety and the NRC has not even informed the public of the pump damage.

www.simplyinfo.org...

And my rain today in eastern Ontario at noon. My winds were from the west.

Fukushima workers sue tepco. The workers that entered unit 3 on March 24th, 2011 had never been told of the radiation levels or that there was water in the building basement.
www.simplyinfo.org...

Matador, glad you're back. I remember hearing Strawberry Alarmclock playing in my head when I blew thew Baltimore..... summer of 76 I think? Yeah, Bi-Centenial.

K-dog, I will check it out, but I'm lucky. I have 60 ft of clay between our arisian spring fed well and the lawn. Sort of a build in filtration system. lol

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Nitrogen Injection...

Sorry folks, not much time to post...have some interesting stuff going on at the moment (Howdy AC! and welcome back Mat! Howdy TFW! wow - a lot of folks showing up again!! Where's Silver?)

Pressure in Unit 1 PCV going down....but some sort of outage with being able to detect pressure in Unit's 2 & 3's RPVs...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And some more smoke...

- At around 9:25 AM on November 2, 2012, an alarm indicating a power system abnormality ("Common M/C*11A generating line ground fault" and "Common M/C2A generating line ground fault") went off. At around 10:00 AM, it was found that the power cable connecting Common M/C1A and Common M/C2A was damaged during operation as a result of site investigation. Since smoke was coming out from the damaged portion of the cable, the incident was reported to the fire department at 10:25 AM. As the power supply to the damaged cable was stopped at 10:49 AM, the smoke stopped coming out at 10:51 AM. From 11:00 to 11:23 AM on the same day, power receiving at Common M/C1A was restarted and the related equipments*2 were turned back on sequentially. As a result, no problem was found with the operation of the equipments after being restarted. At 11:38 AM, it was confirmed that no problem was found with Units 1-4 plant facilities, accumulated water transfer facility, water treatment facility, common pool facility and Units 5-6 plant facilities. Upon site investigation, the fire department judged that the incident was not a fire at 1:37 PM on the same day. There was no injury due to the incident, and so far no significant change has been found with the monitoring post data and the plant conditions. The cause is currently being investigated. *1 M/C: Power panel *2 The nitrogen gas separator A (which receive power from Common M/C1A) and the nitrogen injection into Unit 1 PCV and Unit 1 suppression chamber were temporarily suspended as the power receiving at Common M/C1A was stopped.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Pics of damaged cable:
photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 2-11-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
By MASAKAZU HONDA/ Staff Writer

FUKUSHIMA—More than 10,000 people from across Japan are seeking criminal charges against officials of Japan's government and the utility that operates the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, after a similar
mass complaint this summer accused 33 officials of causing death and injury through negligence.
Prosecutors in Fukushima Prefecture are currently examining the earlier complaint, filed in June by 1,324 people who were residents of the prefecture at the time of the accident in March 2011.
Complainants behind the new case plan to file it with the Fukushima District Public Prosecutors Office on Nov. 15. The group numbers about 10,850 individuals, from Hokkaido in the north to Okinawa in the south.
The group is led by Ruiko Muto, 59, who traveled around the country seeking support.
Complainants argued that a broadly backed complaint would show that the general public is seeking criminal accountability for those who promoted nuclear power—and hold them responsible for damage from the disaster and for exposing victims to radiation.
The first complaint named 33 individuals, including 15 current and former officials of Tokyo Electric Power Co., the company that operates the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.
It said they should be charged with professional negligence resulting in death and injury because they failed to take safety measures and furthermore released wrong information.
Prosecutors have had TEPCO submit video footage of teleconferences conducted between the head office and the Fukushima plant in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami.
They are expected to question concerned individuals before deciding whether to issue indictments.
Prosecutors have asked complainants to submit documents relating to people who died during the evacuation.
In addition to those documents, complainants plan to submit medical certificates for evacuees who were diagnosed as suffering mental trauma as a result of their ordeal.
They have argued that victims suffered "injuries" from radiation exposure. But it is thought to be difficult in law to establish a causal relationship between those purported injuries and the nuclear accident.
ajw.asahi.com...

Our fuel pool almost blew but relax. "We got it all under control" {Famous last words. lol}
pbadupws.nrc.gov...
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A little good news. Looks like Calvert Cliffs {Maryland} is closed.
www.nirs.org...

From August, 011
The operators of the Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant shut down one of the plant’s two nuclear reactors on Sunday after a control rod accidentally dropped entirely into the core
Although any such incident poses challenges to plant workers because of the radiation and heat in the reactor’s core, the event has not endangered the public or the operators, and there has been no release of radiation,
www.washingtonpost.com... 0e3f6dbf48_story.html

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Info seems to be getting really cut off, now.

Tokyo Bay cesium even higher than levels reported off Fukushima — Nearly entire sea floor contaminated by 2014

enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A 5.7 off the coast of fuk
neic.usgs.gov...

They keep talking about shutting down Oi because of the fault below. Ok this has been bugging me all day and I couldn't figure out why so I went into the files and "Presto" there it is! A cross section from June 16th {Asahi Shimbun}... from Kepco's own documents showing 8 other EQ faults under Ohi. They are marked in dotted lines, and the fault in question is a red solid line marked F6 possible EQ fault. So there are 9 faults under these 4 reactors yes?

enenews.com... reactors-to-close-hosono

Oh we have an update just now.
Gov’t Nuclear Expert: Immediately halt Japan’s only 2 operating reactors — “It’s certain there’s an active fault”
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Unit 2: New Temp Gauge Now on Chart

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Also no nitrogen injection Unit 2 and 3 PCV for days now and other interesting notations:

www.tepco.co.jp...

And time for the anti-freeze....wonder how many pipes burst this winter....

- At 2:09 PM on November 5, Unit 4 spent fuel pool alternative cooling system was stopped for adding anti-freeze liquid into the secondary system circulation water to prevent the water from freezing during winter time (The pool water temperature when the system was stopped: approx. 24℃). The system will be suspended until November 6. There will be no problem with the pool water temperature control considering that the pool water temperature increase rate is estimated to be approx. 0.418℃/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-11-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Still Wonder About Unit 1 Sub-Drain Huge Spike...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And all the charts on Intake Canal trending upwards...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Leaking, and leaking and leaking.......

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-11-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Info seems to be getting really cut off, now.

Yupper AC....and they are moving it around and making it harder and harder to find....but we will persevere!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Briefing on Fukushima children's thyroid screening exposes residents' dissatisfaction

Mainichi:
Nov 4th - Briefing on Fukushima children's thyroid screening exposes residents' dissatisfaction

KORIYAMA, Fukushima -- A briefing session on thyroid tests conducted on children in the prefecture 18 years and younger following the outbreak of the nuclear disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant was held for prefectural residents on Nov. 4.

The screenings began in October 2011, and the first round for 115,000 children -- or about one-third of the total -- has thus far been completed. Residents, however, had criticized the process as lacking in sufficient explanation.

At the briefing, participants voiced dissatisfaction over having to put in requests for thyroid images to receive them. In response, Fukushima Medical University professor Shinichi Suzuki, who leads the thyroid screenings, said, "We will consider releasing the images (without requiring requests)."

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I came across this vid from Tokyo, July 23 011. First part he has the geiger in what I think is lead shilding? Then without.
This is the highest I've seen. I'd call this 220 X background.

Sort of explains the numbers we're seeing in our rain, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1346  1347  1348    1350  1351  1352 >>

join