learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1347
<< 1344  1345  1346    1348  1349  1350 >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some heavy stuff from MsMilky.

I guess tepco is tired of buying storage tanks so they seem to building and inground pit.

Japan Engineer: Fukushima contaminated water to go in giant pit — “It can easily be discharged underground”
enenews.com...

Looks like it's on the south side of the FBB.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's looks like it's raining crap.
Oct 21st 012

Lincoln needs a higher chart,

Lots of stations are off the air, here too.
http://(nolink)/2011/04/12/realtime-epa-radnet-japan-nuclear-radiation-monitoring-every-us-city-single-page-16511/?replytocom=68982
Some people seem to be having trouble with this link. Not sure what's up? It's from Alex Higgins site anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

SAN ONOFRE, CA....Hydrogen Leak Unit 2...Why?

OFFSITE NOTIFICATION DUE TO HYDROGEN LEAKAGE "The control room was notified that an unknown quantity of H2 gas (classified as a minor coupling leak [identified with Snoop liquid leak detector]) is currently being released to the air from the Unit 2 Full Flow Hydrogen skid. "The Environmental Protection Group reported the leak to the California Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA) at 0809 PDT and the San Diego Department of Environmental Health at 0812 PDT lAW [plant] procedure S0123-XV-17.3, 'Spill Contingency Plan'. The Hydrogen Gas leak is currently still in progress. There is no gas collection areas. Maintenance is in the process of taking action to terminate the leak." The licensee notified the NRC Resident Inspector.

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I woke up to everyone upset and freaking out about this article that it making its rounds around the web.
RED ALERT: FUKUSHIMA SPENT FUEL POOLS EXPLODED, ON FIRE NOW, RADIATION LEVELS SPIKING MASSIVELY
thecontrail.com... =3#comments
I think if there was mass panic at the airports in Japan, we would have heard something by now.
Also this one.
www.deccanherald.com...
Which looks like somebody took a march 12 011 article and pasted today's date on it.
Here's the original.
www.reuters.com...
So unless some other sourses show up in the next few hours, I wouldn't sweat it.
Yes #4 is leaning and they are steaming away, but I think somebody is getting some twisted kicks here.

Some real news.
March 16th, 2011 – NRC Deleted Over 100 E-mails From Members of the Public Demanding Immediate Closure of US Nuclear Plants
enformable.com... /
I'd like to know how many they deleted in 19 months, too!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey AC.
The IAEA just sent me this,by my request.Surprise!!

www.iaea.org...
www.iaea.org...

Have you seen it yet?
BTW,they are my facebook buddies now.
edit on 22-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Boy this contrail blog, shook up a lot of people today. Maybe something good will come of it? Maybe Tepco will go on another confession binge, and spill some beans?
Report: Hoax? Irresponsible rumors claim Fukushima spent fuel pools exploded
enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Unit 2: Photos/Videos of Alternate Temp Gauge Installation

Japanese site only:
photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i had worked the burnt area out from every satellite-picture that i found in my back-ups.
and zoomt the captures with 'photozoom Pro 4'.
then i mixed them together into a slideshow,
first the picture that tepco had brought up shortly after the burning @ voltage-switch-station 1/2
then follows all the older satellite pictures.
the slideshow closed with some photos from ground that had burnt down.
but poorly not in fukushima daiichi.

here we go:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nuckelchen

Nuck, YOU ROCK!

I was busy just looking at the fracture in the earth and guess I stopped there
So, the question is, what happened?

Thank You for bringing that to our attention!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
On the Oct 19th fire..... I will just ramble, the way I do, and hopefully some one will weigh in?
First this tepco pic. I marked the set of stairs on our left, and the hydro tower {Not a stack} in the background. Again note: The trees are not burned, the pipe isn't charred. A lot of the grass looks dead, not burnt, and the lay of the land looks fairly level, but maybe uphill on the right side, although I'd say the camera might be tilted a bit, so picture it with the hydro tower straight. If you slide the pic over you'll see what looks like a walkway running parallel to the pipe, but it takes a right angle turn near the center of the picture. Also we have what might be holes in the ground.

Ok lets go find some hydro towers.

We have two hydro towers.
Bottom red arrow. {west tower} Looks to close and the base of the tower is on a higher hill. {The next tier up towards the FBB}
Top red arrow {South tower} is the hydro tower that serves the other switchyard building. R #3, and R #4. The distance looks better. Could this be the tower in the tepco pic?
The yellow arrow points to what look like stairs crossing a pipe. Our stairs?
The problem I have with this is we can't see any buildings in the tepco pic or any older, taller trees in the overhead pic. The walkway doesn't look quite right either.
So to me the location is a "maybe" and the burned ground in the tepco pic looks wrong as well, especially after Knuck's vid.

Radiation readings from monitoring stations are useless PR.
False hope: radiation monitoring in the Fukushima area
www.greenpeace.org...

Robots are usless PR.
Fukushima reactors — Robots can’t do anything
enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Unit 4: SFP Temp Rises 7 Degrees in 24 Hours

34℃ (as of 11:00 , 10/23 )

41℃ (as of 11:00 , 10/24 )

- At 9:36 AM on October 22, Unit 4 spent fuel pool alternative cooling system secondary cooling system was stopped for replacing its pipe with polyethylene pipe. The system will be suspended until October 24. The spent fuel pool water temperature when the system was stopped was approx. 29℃ and the pool water temperature increase rate is estimated to be approx. 0.43℃/h and the amount of temperature increase during suspension is estimated to be approx. 23.8℃. Since there is a sufficient margin to the maximum allowed temperature (65℃), there will be no problem with spent fuel pool water temperature control.

So it looks like they are supposed to start the cooling system up again today.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

(BTW AC and Nuck - you guys are amazing!!!)

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Unit 1: Hydrogen Level...Interesting....

Yesterday:

System A:0.19vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/23 )

Today:

System A:0.79vol% System B:0.79vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/24 )

They started cranking up Nitrogen injection yesterday into the suppression chamber ....but the hydrogen level in the PCV increased...

- At 9:37 AM on October 23, continuous nitrogen injection into Unit 1 suppression chamber was started. The nitrogen injection is planned to be continued for about a month until the hydrogen concentration in the suppression chamber is reduced to approx. 2%.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Results of re-examination of the operating floor situation the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 1

Japanese only:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
150.5 mSv/h ??????
okay mr tepco

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And speaking of the jet stream and Minnesota...... I dropped some info on this at the "Radiation Watch 2012" thread the other day, if anybody is curious?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 1: Hydrogen Level...Interesting....

Yesterday:

System A:0.19vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/23 )

Today:

System A:0.79vol% System B:0.79vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/24 )

They started cranking up Nitrogen injection yesterday into the suppression chamber ....but the hydrogen level in the PCV increased...

- At 9:37 AM on October 23, continuous nitrogen injection into Unit 1 suppression chamber was started. The nitrogen injection is planned to be continued for about a month until the hydrogen concentration in the suppression chamber is reduced to approx. 2%.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Golly Gee...

System A:1.11vol% System B:1.12vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/25 )

And they are pumping a heck of a lot of nitrogen into it:

RPV:13.03N㎥/h PCV:20.48N㎥/h (as of 11:00 , 10/25 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 25-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Those numbers can just stop rising any time now. Remember that natural balance I've been talking about the core's having reached? Well.. Hell.. Who kicked the thing over? The manual says carefully!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think any chance at a balance, if it is even possible, is thwarted every time there is a new EQ, 4.7 seems the norm at present but I see they just had a 5.8. I could be way off, but I picture it as a bottle of soda, shake it then open it and it will spray everywhere. Put your thumb over the top and shake it again, it will spray again, less strong, but it will spray none the less. The difference is that in my example you only get contaminated with high fructose corn syrup and caramel coloring.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
AP Interview: Japan nuke plant struggling to cope with growing volume of tainted water

About 200,000 tons of radioactive water — enough to fill more than 50 Olympic-sized swimming pools — are being stored in hundreds of gigantic tanks built around the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant. Operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. has already chopped down trees to make room for more tanks and predicts the volume of water will more than triple within three years.

"It's a pressing issue because our land is limited and we would eventually run out of storage space," the water-treatment manager, Yuichi Okamura, told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview this week.

So they're just now figuring out that they've got a problem on their hands with all of the water (highly contaminated) they will have to store until they figure out how to decontaminate said water?

Rather, they are just now adnitting to the problem, but have known about it for some time.

Nuclear engineer and college lecturer Masashi Goto said the contaminated water buildup poses a long-term health and environmental threat. He worries that the radioactive water in the basements may already be getting into the underground water system, where it could reach far beyond the plant, possibly the ocean or public water supplies.

"You never know where it's leaking out and once it's out you can never put it back in place," he said. "It's just outrageous and shows how big a disaster the accident is."

You don't say?

The plant released radiation into the surnrounding air, soil and ocean and displaced more than 100,000 residents who are uncertain when — or if — they will be able to return to their homes.

Not within our lifetimes, or the lifetime of anyone alive today.

"The water would keep evaporating, and the pools would have dried up if we had left them alone," he (Okumura) said. "That would have been the end of it."

"End of it" as in "game over, man, game over"

TEPCO claims the treated water from this new system is clean enough to be potentially released into the ocean, although it hasn't said whether it would do that. Doing so would require the permission of authorities and local consent and would also likely trigger harsh criticism at home and abroad.

I would want independant verification if Tepco were to claim that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Both are tasks that TEPCO is still not sure how to accomplish: Those areas remain so highly radioactive that it is unclear how humans or even robots could work there.

There's also a risk the storage tanks and the jury-rigged pipe system connecting them could be damaged if the area is struck by another earthquake or tsunami.

The tasks being referred to above are detecting and plugging leaks in the basements...Over a year and a half in and they are still working on "plug leak.'

AP interview posted on Fox News 10/25/2012

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, J+C, Just when we thought the planet was doomed and all hope was lost.... Tepco has a new balloon that looks like a light bulb!

This is your daily "bang your head into the keyboard" news.lol

enenews.com... -advertising-tool-finds-radiation-up-to-150-millisievert

Fredrick Wisconsin last night.

<< 1344  1345  1346    1348  1349  1350 >>

join